yearly basis.It seems that this anti organization received a
default notice back in 1996.This is the organization that has
caused most of the problems for gun owners in Canada.I hope
that you enjoy the news.Thank you.

Keeper of the Faith
George

Anti Gun Types
08-29-2001, 12:01 AM
We should not make a big thing of this yet as it may encourage them to stay afloat. But after Dec. if they have crawled back under their "Rock", we should deffinatley celebrate. Perhaps fire a 21 gun salute with 21 unregistered guns.

At the very least lift a glass and toast the backs of their heads.

Wendy and her Fellow Hoplophobes..
12-06-2001, 03:24 PM
Has she filed the missing reports yet...

<a href=http://www.geocities.com/liberalgunfarce>The Canadian Liberal Gunfarce</a>

Pappy in AB
12-07-2001, 09:32 PM
Excellent Bill

Immoral activities-w
12-16-2001, 12:24 PM
I-belatedly- have seen a news report on George Barkhouse. I personally, and this is an opinion i guess up for debate, thinks that being paid by hateful groups and large corporations to attack human-equality and environmentalist charities is downright bilious. I'm pro-globalization and don't like greenpeace that much myself. I'm even for the big corporations who help our economy run nicely. But purposely being a "soldier" of white advocacy groups, environement-defacing corporations and other "anti-human-right" groups is plain wrong. Moreover, being an hypocrite for doing it under the cover of a "charity-watch" charity is close to downright evil. Be aware: this is NOT a threat in ANY way against you. But me and a lot of my friends happily have learned from you. We are documenting on many pro-gun, pro-life, white supremacy, pro-hunt and other like groups. Audits demands will come soon enough.

Unlike you, my mail WILL be public: I have no fear OR shame of my beliefs.

Philip Morgan
morganp@videotron.ca

What's up!
12-17-2001, 11:35 AM
Philip Morgan&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
I don't quite understand your post. Are you saying that George Bankhouse is a "white supremist"? Is that what was in the "news report" you mentioned?

I don't know anything about him but was happy to hear his report here that the Anti-gun group may be folding up.

What the h
12-17-2001, 03:17 PM
Mr Morgan seems to have covered all the same bases that the other paranoids have!
As for news reports, 'some' people only hear what they want to hear..
Basically, if you run a charity, you better be open for inspection. Personally, I think the liberal
government, sponsors the gun control group and will allow them to breach the law as long as they want.. When it comes to 'gun' control, the justice department continues to breach their own laws,
so why would they worry about someone else (most likely funded by the government) from doing it too..

Pappy in AB
12-18-2001, 09:01 PM
Mr Morgan.................quoting you "Be aware: this is NOT a threat in ANY way against you. But me and a lot of my friends happily have learned from you. We are documenting on many pro-gun, pro-life, white supremacy, pro-hunt and other like groups. Audits demands will come soon enough. Unlike you, my mail WILL be public: I have no fear OR shame of my beliefs."

Not sure who you are representing or the objectives of your cause. However, one of the rules for posting on this site is NO ANTI HUNTING stuff.

By the way, put me on your list as pro-life, pro-gun, pro-hunting.

sworddemon
12-21-2001, 03:34 AM
I take no one knows much about Barkhouse. Shame, really. Read up on him. A true wanker.

George Bar
12-21-2001, 09:48 AM
environmentvoters.org/barkhouse.html (http://environmentvoters.org/barkhouse.html) This is typical of any article or news program I've seen in regards to Barkhouse.

Pappy in AB
12-21-2001, 03:02 PM
of course Environmental Voters would object to Barkhouse. EV was launched (in part) by the Director for The Animal Alliance of Canada. The AAC was pro-active in ending the Spring Bear Hunt in ON and they are working towards ending the spring bear hunt across Canada. It is also theire cause to end all trapping of animals for their fur and/or skins. The AAC recognizes that animals are not ours to kill, eat, wear, experiment on or exploit for entertainment. EV is also affiliated with International Wildlife Coalition who, on their website, provides links to animal rights organizations such as PETA. Besides the animals rights stuff, EV does good things. However, their AR affiliation spoils the barrel.

Saw the stuff on Barkhouse. I don't know anything more about him, what he does, and I am not promoting somebody I don't know........just thought I'd provide some info on the group who is maligning him.

George Bar
12-21-2001, 06:25 PM
The right and the left will always clash in any kind of democracy however the complaints against George Barkhouse's methods are universal to all articles and interveiws I've encountered. The man is a sleaze-I suppose this could be said about most of the people who operate down in Ottawa-but when it comes to the issue of gun owners rights I am very concerned that the average citizen's in this country do not associate people like Barkhouse with the gun lobby

sworddemon
12-21-2001, 11:56 PM
Damn Right. I am all for the fight against Gun Control, shame it is being faught by a extreme right wing white supremist.

Personally, I think environmentalism should be huge on a hunter's agenda. Securing habitat and establishing a better park system is only going to benefit wildlife. Obviously. What an idiot.

grbarkhouse
01-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Has anyone bothered to take the time to really check the people or groups who are making the
statements? I thought not.I can tell you that we have filed a documented complaint aginst thee
CBC with the CRTC in Ottawa and their one sided view of myself and my organization.Was
there a person at the CBC who was linked to a charity that went under audit? Yes there was.
David Suzuki was a Director of the Schad Foundation in 1998.It now seems that the David
Suzuki Foundation is under audit based on the Disclosure program.

I smell a dir
03-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Something really stinks barkhouseville. It's a case of the evil leading the blind.

look out below
03-29-2002, 02:35 PM
The hammer is about to fall on the man who cried wolf.
Political purposes or activities
Under Common Law, political purposes are not charitable and an organization will not qualify for charitable registration if at least one of its purposes is political. In this regard, the courts have decided that organizations seeking to achieve political objects, in whole or in part, cannot be recognized as charities. Examples of purposes of a political nature include:

furthering the aims of a political party;
promoting a political doctrine;
persuading the public to adopt a particular view on a broad social question; and
attempting to bring about or oppose changes in the law or government policy.

National g
03-29-2002, 02:44 PM
Charity Watch, the Canadian organization responsible for a rash of complaints that has left environmental and animal-rights charities reeling, is actually the work of a single Toronto agitator working from his own home who is supported by the gun lobby , according to a six-month CBC investigation.

mole exposed
03-29-2002, 02:56 PM
NOW magazine, April 24-30, 1997
INFILTRATOR EXPOSED
Right-winger George Barkhouse campaigned against the same antiracists he plied with information
By ENZO Di MATTEO

George Barkhouse, mole for the far right, is none too pleased to see me on his doorstep. "I told you I don't have any more to say to you," he says, his voice slightly shaky.

The former short-order cook doesn't like to be too visible. He prefers to stay in the shadows, to be just a voice on the other end of the phone -- where he has been spending most of his time the last couple of years doing the bidding of the far right.

Barkhouse is proof of how much impact one person can wreak in the political process when he puts his mind -- and a telephone -- to it. His targets are social change activists. A call here, a letter there, and unsuspecting groups suddenly find themselves at the centre of a firestorm.

Consider what Barkhouse has accomplished over the last couple of years. He has:

managed to get Anti-Racist Action (ARA) banned from high schools in Scarborough and Durham
lobbied against Metro council's and the Trillium Foundation's funding of an ARA youth conference
filed a complaint with the Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) over a December 96 ARA program on CKLN radio
complained to Revenue Canada about the Youth Action Network's use of another nonprofit's charitable number
lodged a complaint with the tax man over the United Way's funding of the Metro Network for Social Justice's participation in the Metro Days Of Action
joined the Caribbean Cultural Committee, the group that hosts Caribana
tried to infiltrate the Communist Party of Canada.
Enigmatic moment
But his most enigmatic moment came last March, when he unaccountably approached the ARA and offered them information on right-wing activities -- info that proved instrumental in the recent firing of Mississauga high school teacher and Holocaust denier Paul Fromm.

Why did this far-right enthusiast try to finesse his way into the ranks of arch-enemy the ARA? And who the hell is George Barkhouse anyway?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing in his slippers, with a fading sword-and-skull tattoo on his right forearm, Barkhouse is a difficult guy to put a finger on. As he speaks, his flickering grey-blue eyes take in the Metro Housing complex here in Scarborough. He jerks at every shout and screen door opening.

This is our third conversation -- the first two were by phone -- but he still manages to be elusive. Is he a member of the Heritage Front?

"Oh no,'' he says.

The one group he does admit to being a member of is the Voice of Canadians -- an organization that opposes multiculturalism and dabbles in gun-toting conspiracy theories about one-world government.

If he isn't a member of the Front, I ask, how come the Front's newsletter boasts of a list of interventions identical to the activities he's been involved in?

No answer.

And why is he so intent on telling me how upset he is that a skinhead concert in Buffalo last weekend was disrupted by a band of antiracist youth?

Again, no clear response.

Sniffing around the Front yields the whiff of association. I ask the group's talking head, Wolfgang Droege, about him.

"Make no mistake, I know George Barkhouse," he tells me.

"But to say he's a Heritage Front activist is to overstate it.''

He does, however, say he can get me in touch with Barkhouse.

And he seems nervous about the story -- he calls me out of the blue on a Saturday to get an update.

If it isn't immediately clear who Barkhouse is working for, he's managed to whip up some bad air around ARA. He's made contact with some 77 school boards across the province, asking them to ban the organization from school property, and boasts about racking up a $500 telephone bill for his troubles.

Some have bitten -- Durham and Scarborough, to be precise. One school official Barkhouse has managed to impress is Gary Ranalli, race relations facilitator of the Durham board. One student got told not to wear a T-shirt with the group's insignia in class because it was thought it might offend.

"When a group establishes a reputation, it has to go an extra mile to reestablish itself," Ranalli says. "I have no problem with them being militant in their antiracism. What I don't like is when you deal with it outside the law."

In this regard, ARA has made itself vulnerable -- beginning with the trashing of former Heritage Front member Gary Schipper's house back in 93. The arson attack on Ernst Zundel's home that followed -- members of the group have denied involvement but have publicly approved of the act -- added fuel. While ARA says it operates within the law, it nevertheless has an orientation toward disrupting fascist meetings and pumps its penchant for physical resistance.

Barkhouse has made good use of ARA's own material -- detailing its boasts on their Web site about breaking up meetings and touting the militant efforts of antiracists elsewhere around the globe. He often refers, too, to statements made in ARA's own anti-hate conference report of last summer about stopping the fascists "physically."

In order to get an $8,000 grant from Metro for its youth conference last summer, ARA was asked to renounce violence. But one member says about that now, "We made a legal statement, not a moral one."

Another member adds, "ARA came out of a street-oriented scene. The group couldn't exist without remaining committed to people in that scene. We represent rebellious youth.

"We're not going to repeat what other groups do. Ours is a grassroots, peer-based response. A lot of people don't want to admit it, but we've done good work."

He says Barkhouse's effect is to undermine ARA's support in more mainstream groups.

Violence angle
The violence angle has played well in education ministry ranks. One staffer in the ministry's now-defunct race relations office says Barkhouse has been "receiving a certain level of sympathy from political staff" -- even telephone access to those closest to the minister, which is unusual for your run-of- the-mill complainer.

"They see him as an interesting source of potential information," the source says.

"What he does is communicate in language that appeals to their position on violence in the schools. They lump ARA in with hate groups. They don't understand the nuance. In their mind, ARA has fairly extreme ways of expressing its views."

It seems some of the tension at the political top has been filtering back down to those in the antiracism ranks.

One employee of the Toronto board who took part in ARA's conference was hauled into the director's office to explain why. The board, it seems, didn't want to be sending out conflicting messages about its zero tolerance policy on violence.

Barkhouse not only tried to get the group excommunicated from high schools, but he also went after its funding. The trustee for the ARA conference grant was the BC-based Canadian Anti-Racism Education and Research Society (CAERS).

The group's executive director, Alan Dutton, says he got a call from Barkhouse, who identified himself as a church "elder'' -- a reference to his membership in a local Mormon parish. (The bishop of Barkhouse's church says the title is not supposed to be used unless church business is being enacted.)

Barkhouse says he was seeking information about the group.

Ernst Zundel, the self-proclaimed guru of the right, took the matter further and went to the police after it was revealed that CAERS didn't have its incorporation papers in order.

By then, Barkhouse was already busy getting in the Trillium Foundation's face about its own $8,000 grant to ARA slated to cover the travel costs of those coming from out of town for the group's conference.

One Trillium employee says Barkhouse was calling regularly for more than a month. Droege and others were calling, too.

At one point, a Metro detective was called in from the anti-hate crimes unit to give the staff a presentation.

"(Barkhouse) made a lot of noise and generated a lot of discussion," recounts one employee at Trillium's offices. "There was a new government and here's this arms-length agency they're not sure is compatible with their views. MPPs don't generally know who these people are. To them it would just seem like another constituent."

Indeed. The waves managed to lap all the way up to citizenship minister Marilyn Mushinski's office. A statement soon followed saying that the ministry is "taking a closer look at the role and function of the foundation (and) looking at various options, including redefining the role Trillium plays in supporting community projects."

It quoted Mushinski as saying, "The organization should be dedicated to supporting projects that build communities."

Most of the foundation's board members have been replaced over time.

Droege says he likes to think his efforts helped in the cause. He says a certain Tory MPP, who will go unnamed, also helped put pressure on Mushinski.

But Barkhouse's coup de grace came early last March, when he approached ARA with some information to share.

He told them an interesting story about a couple of rightist gatherings out west -- including a secret meeting Mississauga high school teacher and Holocaust denier Fromm was sponsoring at the Surrey Inn in BC. The info was turned over to ARA contacts there, and meetings were subsequently shut down when ARA types, with media in tow, arrived on the scene.

The Surrey soiree information also ended up forming part of a complaint made by B'nai Brith against Fromm that culminated in his firing in February. He wasn't supposed to be fraternizing, as per an earlier Peel school board directive, with the usual suspects on the right.

Fromm is grieving the decision but seems caught off guard that Barkhouse, whom he describes as "being around the scene for a long time" -- including several of his meetings -- unwittingly helped do him in, so to speak.

But he doesn't want to hit at Barkhouse directly and allows him a ready out. The info "could have come from two sources. That's always possible."

Barkhouse certainly has had access when it comes to Fromm. He showed the ARA photos Fromm took of a meeting disrupted by the ARA in 95.

Divert attention
The ARA types who initially met with Barkhouse got the feeling he was playing games right from the start. He began trying to give the group advice -- they say he advised them to "divert" attention from direct actions against rightist meetings and toward right-wing think tanks like the Mackenzie Institute.

"He thought we were a bunch of naive kids who can be easily manipulated," is one ARA member's take on Barkhouse's overture.

Barkhouse, meanwhile, is having a problem explaining what he was trying to do with the ARA.

"In the beginning, I thought I was doing the right thing,'' he says elusively. "But then, sitting back and looking at it, I felt one (the right) was just as bad as the other (the left)," Barkhouse says. "Have you ever made a decision and then turned around and changed it?"

To hear Barkhouse tell it, he's just trying to do his bit as a concerned citizen. Like the time he called B'nai Brith to tip them off to a meeting the Nation of Islam was holding at a unit in Metro housing. Karen Mock of B'nai Brith remembers that his concern was the use of taxpayer-supported property for NOI activities.

He says his interests are larger than anti-racists and the far right. He boasts he was a member of the Caribbean Cultural Committee, the group that organizes the annual Caribana fest. He says one of his suggestions was for individuals in the black community to put up Caribana visitors so hotels wouldn't get all the financial benefit.

But when Metro was balking at providing more funds to the financially troubled agency, Barkhouse was pushing for an internal audit.

He's quick to add that stories about him running interference and trying to infiltrate groups like ARA for his pals on the right are grossly exaggerated. Of course, there was the time back in 95 when he approached the Communist party about becoming a member. While he admits to the failed foray, he offers no rhyme or reason for his actions.

According to CP head Miguel Figueroa, Barkhouse presented himself then as a Front member -- and offered to become a double agent.

Figueroa wasn't biting. "We smelled a rat right away," he says.

Back out in front of his house, Barkhouse is talking now about giving up the fight. He lifts his pant leg to reveal a scar from recent knee surgery. I get the sense he's trying to inspire a little sympathy.

"After this CRTC complaint, that's it," he says, referring to yet another salvo against the ARA. "Basically, I'm tired. I can't keep doing this much longer."

Barkhouse
03-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Lets face it, anyone can spin or misrepresent about an individual. Certainly the left-bent environmentalist lobby has enough resources and intent to assassinate a character like george barkhouse(personaly I don't think they had to work too hard to find skeletons in his closet) regardless; even if every article and documentary based on Barkhouse is false how can the gun lobby in good conscience affiliate ourselves with him? The man is a walking $h!T magnet and we've got enough problems just dealing with the new gun tax/reg. program . I say thanks but no thanks George, take your boundless energy and righteous inclination and start fund raising for the grits, in the end you'll do us all more good on their side

INVESTIGATOR1
11-02-2002, 07:55 PM
I see that no one has mentioned the fact that the Canadian charity," CAVEAT," has been revoked by
Revenue Canada. This was one of the 4 charities that the CBC, Disclosure had used on their December
4,2001 program against Charity Watch. Two of the 4 charities charities who spoke out on aire have
now been revoked. Lastly,if anyone hasn't heard, " Wendy Mesley," is no longer at Disclosure.

Have a nice day.

imhere
04-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I for one wish we would fight on the ground of common sense
1)NFA and CSSA not joining is a pure waste
2) Forums like CGN humping CCW CCW CCW on and on gives us the wildman look they love to attack. In honesty the title canadian gun NUTS does not serve us proud irregardless of how harmless

munyee4321
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
lol just felt like reviving a 8 year old thread buddy?

joe-nwt
04-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I for one wish we would fight on the ground of common sense
1)NFA and CSSA not joining is a pure waste
2) Forums like CGN humping CCW CCW CCW on and on gives us the wildman look they love to attack. In honesty the title canadian gun NUTS does not serve us proud irregardless of how harmless

Why post this here?

Go chat with the guys on CGN and tell them how you feel......