PDA

View Full Version : Otter Shelters

Battery
12-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Just picked up an Otter XTH lodge after my ice cube shelter finally fell apart after 7 or 8 seasons. Any reviews? Didn't find much online, but from what I can tell it's well made. Just want some opinions on if I should keep it or take it back and grab something else.

stubblejumper01
12-06-2015, 07:02 PM
I've had anOtter for about 12 years. Really like it. My only regret is that I never put the neoprene strips on it to protect the runners. I wore them out and it started leaking. I bought a new sled tub and just threw the old sled into it to get through last season. I would like to get a new one as the tent material is wearing thin.
I've seen a couple of the newer ones, they seem really well built. Mine has round tube for the frame, the newer ones are square which should be stronger. Where did you purchase yours?thx.

Battery
12-06-2015, 08:43 PM
I've had anOtter for about 12 years. Really like it. My only regret is that I never put the neoprene strips on it to protect the runners. I wore them out and it started leaking. I bought a new sled tub and just threw the old sled into it to get through last season. I would like to get a new one as the tent material is wearing thin.
I've seen a couple of the newer ones, they seem really well built. Mine has round tube for the frame, the newer ones are square which should be stronger. Where did you purchase yours?thx.

Thanks for the reply. Got it at bass pro. Its a hub style shelter, which I believe otter is new to this year.

jkbloom
12-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Just picked up an Otter XTH lodge after my ice cube shelter finally fell apart after 7 or 8 seasons. Any reviews? Didn't find much online, but from what I can tell it's well made. Just want some opinions on if I should keep it or take it back and grab something else.

I have had many tents over the years. I have had the otter cabin for 3 winters now and by far the best one I have ever owned.