PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Miami

slamilton
12-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Has anyone done any fishing near Miami? Not looking for charters but some tips on how to possibly catch fish in the ocean from a pier or shore. I will be staying in Miami Beach on a work trip and would love to be able to go fish off the pier and catch something from the beach. After that the wife and I will hit the keys so any recommendations on what to bring would be great.

I will probably just join one of the party boat fishing trips since a charter is not really in the budget.

Basically, looking for what equipment to bring or any tips as I have never ocean fished before.

Thanks.

bmckenney
12-08-2015, 09:52 AM
join this board and ask questions in a thread or two. I've done it even though I wasn't even fishing in Florida. Pretty friendly folk. And will help out people pier or surf fishing or charter fishing.
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/forumdisplay.php?3-General-Fishing

Mikediz
12-08-2015, 12:15 PM
if you go to the keys you can rent kayaks and fish for snook and loads of other stuff in the estuarys. my wife and I loved it

slamilton
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Nice will give that a try. Will probably spend a few days in the keys so may do the kayak thing. Thanks.