PDA

View Full Version : Trout recipes

Supergrit
12-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Looking for some ideas on how to cook some rainbow trout
Thx

huntsfurfish
12-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Frying pan, little oil and a little bit of salt and pepper.

n

Taste the rainbow!:)

huntsfurfish
12-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Wow, double post, been awhile since I did that. My bad.:):snapoutofit::thinking-006::thinking-006::sign0176::angry3::sign0161::shark:
:bad_boys_20::scared0015::sHa_sarcasticlol:

I need to go fishin!

mapleleafman3
12-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Trout, butter, onions, and garlic on a BBQ.

Bobby B.
12-08-2015, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21cWW9nH_Q

This is one of my favorite recipes for trout. However, I generally cook it 10 minutes on each side for a 12" trout.

Bobby

drhu22
12-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Frying pan, little oil and a little bit of salt and pepper.n Taste the rainbow!:)

Not just any oil... bacon grease is best, butter will do.

Bigmountainrider
12-09-2015, 09:12 AM
My fav as of late, is to plank them like salmon. Soak the plank for 3hrs plus. Filet trout with skin on. Put on BBQ on medium heat, Top with lemon slices, salt and pepper, cook until desired or the white cooked fat comes up between the flakes of meat. I like it cooked dry and flakey.

Second fav is tin foil wrapped, lemon slices in the body cavity, butter all around. Wrap up like a baked potatoe and hit the BBQ on High.

medhatken
12-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Sit them in a brine overnight made of Brown suger, Kosher salt, Soya sauce, Lemon juice, Water, onion powder, Garlic powder, Tabasco and Worcestshire sauce then smoke the next day YUMMY!!!!

338Bluff
12-09-2015, 07:01 PM
The only thing those mud beasts are fit for is the smoker LOL! I do a dry rub with only rock salt and brown sugar. It will make its own brine. Smoke 2-3 hours with alder.

Northwinds
12-09-2015, 09:12 PM
When a client catches a large trout and wants to bake it either on the BBQ or in the oven,I always recommend this stuffing recipe.This will make enough for a 5 lb trout.

2 cans shrimp
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sage
6 slices bread cubed
2 tbsp lemon juice

Saute onions,celery,salt and pepper.Add wine and mix thouroughly.Remove from heat,add bread,lemon juice and sage.Stir in shrimp.Stuff into fishes body cavity.Wrap in foil .Cook until fish flakes or 150*F internal temp
and the best part ...enjoy

Red Bullets
12-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the stuffing recipe Northwinds. What is a good red wine? I don't drink so I don't know.

I was hoping you would respond to the thread. Anymore suggestions.

Fishfri
12-14-2015, 10:58 AM
To all those dont bring have a kitchen with all the spices and cutlery with you when you go fishing.
just make sure you got a small container with salt and pepper with you. Bring beer/soda in aluminum cans.

Cut the ends off the cans, cut can from one end to other and unfold it so you have a rectangle cooking area. It fits a nice 6-8 inch trout. Throw some salt and pepper on it and there you go

Just make sure you dont want to coals to hot!

The Fisherman Guy
12-14-2015, 11:11 AM
I like the preparing shorelunch trout in this way, which always ends up getting devoured by guests.

Filet your trout, removing the skin and bones and cut into medium sized chunks.

Place the fish in a ziploc bag with 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1 TSP of black pepper and about 1 TBSP of Garlic Plus seasoning. Mix bag well to coat fish evenly and set aside to "ceviche" the fish.

Prepare your oil, for us it's over a fire.

Just before you are ready to fry, pour out the lemon juice from the fish bag. Add 1-2 cups of flour to the bag and shake well, coating the fish.

Place fish in hot oil, and cook until golden brown.

Remove fish from oil, and set aside on plate with paper towel.

Discard oil, and wipe out oil pan. Pour in 1/2 - 1 cup of Franks hot sauce, and 2 TBSP of butter. Heat up over fire, until it starts bubbling, mixing the butter and hot sauce together. Remove from heat, and add the fried fish.

LIGHTLY toss the fish in the buffalo sauce, no more than three times, or it will all break apart.

Makes delicious, boneless, hot trout nuggets.

Serve with sweet corn and beans - enjoy.

1bluZebec
12-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Sit them in a brine overnight made of Brown suger, Kosher salt, Soya sauce, Lemon juice, Water, onion powder, Garlic powder, Tabasco and Worcestshire sauce then smoke the next day YUMMY!!!!

X2! Also add black pepper and use Demerara brown sugar and use Alder wood chips;)