PDA

View Full Version : Hermitage Wed. Dec. 9

waterninja
12-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Hey guys. I was planning on checking out Hermitage on wed. afternoon from around 2-5 pm. If weather is ok and ice thick enough (should be), I plan on bringing my grandson down for his first ice fishing lesson. It would be nice if anyone else who can and feels like it, to come on down and try your luck. Really hopeing to show my grandson what a fish looks like out of the ice, so the more anglers the merrier.

Kim473
12-08-2015, 03:31 PM
You sure theres any trout in there? I might stop in for a visit. Where about do you usually go? South end ?

cranky
12-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Id be surprised if theres much left in there. Wasnt much when i quit fishing there this year in summer even.

The usual culprits (you know, the ones who have multiple lines in the water each. One rod and two or three lines each that they hand bomb.) have it fished out usually 3 months after its stocked. Then they move on to another pond. I had photos for proof including there vehicles.

Even had a chat with them but apparently they dont speak English. Yeah right. Myself and others have phoned Poacher line often with no response ever,so i got po'ed and deleted pics.

Sorry for rant, just had to. Didnt mean to steal your thread but it is related to your post somewhat.

waterninja
12-08-2015, 05:05 PM
... I will be on south side by the dock

... I really doubt the pond is fished out, and pretty sure they haven't winterkilled yet. The ones still left should be a good size.

Zip-in-Z
12-08-2015, 08:06 PM
... I will be on south side by the dock

... I really doubt the pond is fished out, and pretty sure they haven't winterkilled yet. The ones still left should be a good size.

An update with pics .... would be appreciated ?

chriscosta
12-09-2015, 06:56 AM
4i was told they caught a cPl guys in a boat pulling nets along 3 weeks after it was stocked and they were caught with 600 or more tiny trout. they were local restaurant owners as well . And I believe it was hit hard cuz I never saw a fish rise there since this incident and I don't believe it was stocked for a second time this year either ...truly sad ..it was like a fish factory for a cPl weeks dozens of people keep in their limit every day ...I normally fish the pond almost every day for the last few hrs of light so I can honestly say if there's any fish left it's not very many

troutmountain
12-09-2015, 07:53 AM
A couple of us tried a week ago for 3 hours had 4 lines out didn't get a bite.

waterninja
12-09-2015, 08:48 AM
AI YI YIEEEEE You guys are depressing me. Either way, if weather is mild and ice is safe I'll be out there with grandson and grandma.
Thats why they call it fishing and not catching. If I do go I'll let you all know the results.

troutmountain
12-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Try ft sask pond

coyotezh
12-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi, ninja... I went there yesterday since I believe the ice should be fine. We were told to get away from the pond by two firefighter saying someone in surrounding apt called 911 worried about us on the pond since the weather is warm lately. Really ****ed my friend off since he caught nothing! But I still managed 3 fatty girls! The fish is there, but getting slow day by day.

Brandonkop
12-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi, ninja... I went there yesterday since I believe the ice should be fine. We were told to get away from the pond by two firefighter saying someone in surrounding apt called 911 worried about us on the pond since the weather is warm lately. Really ****ed my friend off since he caught nothing! But I still managed 3 fatty girls! The fish is there, but getting slow day by day.

Really???... I'm not sure why people don't mind their own business... they probably haven't the first clue about ice safety themselves. Reminds me of the time a police officer told me to get off Hermitage. If it was now I'd probably tell them to take a hike... but I was younger then.

Next time tell them to take a hike. They have no legal ability to remove you from the ice.

coyotezh
12-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Just that the firefighters were so polite and all other four left the pond, we decided not to be too stubborn...

Stonecutter
12-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Was there any discussion at all with the firefighters about what the ice thickness was? I'm sure in their line of work they know what's a safe thickness and what isn't... (or at least I'd have thought...)

waterninja
12-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Really???... I'm not sure why people don't mind their own business... they probably haven't the first clue about ice safety themselves. Reminds me of the time a police officer told me to get off Hermitage. If it was now I'd probably tell them to take a hike... but I was younger then.

Next time tell them to take a hike. They have no legal ability to remove you from the ice.
2years ago I was fishing at Beverly Bridge when some motorist saw some people walking their dogs not far from me along shore. They called 911 and a police officer was sent out. I felt bad for the officer who had to walk down the steep slippery hill to check out the complaint. Of course by the time he got out there the other people were gone, but we did have a good little BS session about fishing the NSR.
Not sure what authority the fire dept. has as far as telling people to get off the ice if they consider it unsafe, but something tells me that if you were to argue with them the police would be called for backup. At the same time, 7 1/2" of ice is a good argument that the ice is safe to walk/fish on.

Stonecutter
12-10-2015, 03:24 PM
2years ago I was fishing at Beverly Bridge when some motorist saw some people walking their dogs not far from me along shore. They called 911 and a police officer was sent out. I felt bad for the officer who had to walk down the steep slippery hill to check out the complaint. Of course by the time he got out there the other people were gone, but we did have a good little BS session about fishing the NSR.
Not sure what authority the fire dept. has as far as telling people to get off the ice if they consider it unsafe, but something tells me that if you were to argue with them the police would be called for backup. At the same time, 7 1/2" of ice is a good argument that the ice is safe to walk/fish on.

I am pretty sure they do have the authority to order you off if they need to, but my problem in this situation is why... if there's decent ice and precautions are being taken, why?

coyotezh
12-10-2015, 03:55 PM
I am pretty sure they do have the authority to order you off if they need to, but my problem in this situation is why... if there's decent ice and precautions are being taken, why?

I asked the firefighters "why"... The answer they gave me is: someone in the surround building worried about us and firefighter's supervisor made decision want us to leave.

The two firefighters also checked the ice and told me clearly the ice is safe and said it's not them to make the judgement.. and he said: "sorry to ask you guys to leave.... but you guys had to leave... at least...starting to pack, but you can pack slowly.... hahaha......

Stonecutter
12-10-2015, 04:05 PM
At any rate - I was sorry to hear that your day was cut short. I would have been annoyed.

coyotezh
12-10-2015, 05:42 PM
tttttttttttttttttttttttt