PDA

View Full Version : St Anne Walleye

YeeHaw
12-12-2015, 07:41 PM
For some unknown reason, I can't seem to find the walleye in the winter in Lac St Anne. I have tried all my summer homey holes, quite a few potential spots, but can never find the little buggers . If I'm lucky I might find one ot two a day, but nothing compared to the summer 100+ days. What could I be doing wrong?

waterninja
12-13-2015, 10:28 AM
First, I don't think Walleye are as active through the ice as in open water.
2nd, I suggest that you start your ice fishing later in the day. I have always found that setting up and drilling holes in the afternoon, then fishing into the night produces more Walleye and Pike. Seems they become very active once it gets dark.

YeeHaw
12-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Thanks, was out today and it was slow till around four, then they started hitting hard and fast.

retten
12-14-2015, 09:40 AM
For some unknown reason, I can't seem to find the walleye in the winter in Lac St Anne. I have tried all my summer homey holes, quite a few potential spots, but can never find the little buggers . If I'm lucky I might find one ot two a day, but nothing compared to the summer 100+ days. What could I be doing wrong?

Last hour and a half of the day, 4 to 5' of water any where along shore, weird
but that's were I catch them.

Drewski Canuck
12-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Go out from the Lac Ste. Anne Mission about 2 miles. There are sunken islands out there in 30 FOW. Once you locate them, fish til dusk.

Drewski

Sooner
12-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Go out from the Lac Ste. Anne Mission about 2 miles. There are sunken islands out there in 30 FOW. Once you locate them, fish til dusk.

Drewski

There is one straight out from the main boat launch too. Caught lots of walleye there in the summer years ago.