PDA

View Full Version : wab. poachers caught

lakerman
02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Who ever called in the red van, the boys got a 140$ticket, fishing with no liscense and keeping 1 pike. It was slow for myself no pike but did get into a handful of whites,funs in the catching not the keeping, plus read your regs, I was out there last week and more people asking how many are you allowed to keep, do we need to put up signs everywhere?

jrs
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
"do we need to put up signs everywhere?"

The signs aren't even enough, many guys have the attitude the fine is minimal and they'll just risk it. If you read the Alberta Game Warden there's actually a few cases relating to the lack of fisherman knowledge. Bull trout have been catch and release for a long time yet guys are still keeping them. Great to see some substantial fines though :)

Ice fishing's even worse as it sees many guys that don't fish the rest of the year and have no idea what the regulations are (limits, barbless hooks, closed seasons even). I finally programmed the Report a Poacher number into my cell, fish and wildlife officers need any tips they can get.

Great to hear of a few guys getting caught, its a $25 licence and the regs aren't that confusing if you can read.

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I think the fines should be more!! Our fishing in Alberta gets worse every year.

FisherPotch
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I've been thinking about this lack of regulation knowlege excuse/BS.

An idea I recently thought of and has likely been thought of before is pre-licence testing. I'd gladly take a 20 question test EVERY year to help eliminate this. And I would think it would be a good idea to have questions that were relavent to any new regulations that have been put in place for that year. I would think this should increase awareness drasticly.

On a C&R lake being caught with a fish like the fellow caught on wab, should result in the suspension of the licence indefinitly. IMHO. A $140 is too easy, I'd say make the person do community service over a fine.

Any body thats kept a Bull trout in recent years needs a big spanking!! How long have we been preaching "no black put it back"?

jrs
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
"Any body thats kept a Bull trout in recent years needs a big spanking!! How long have we been preaching "no black put it back"?"

$2000 fines given out in the cases i was reading about, a bit more of a fine than is normally given for fishing offences.

Kevin C.
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
On a C&R lake being caught with a fish like the fellow caught on wab, should result in the suspension of the licence indefinitly. IMHO. A $140 is too easy, I'd say make the person do community service over a fine.

I agree 100%, $140 is nothing. I bet they will be back.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Who ever called in the red van, the boys got a 140$ticket, fishing with no liscense and keeping 1 pike. It was slow for myself no pike but did get into a handful of whites,funs in the catching not the keeping, plus read your regs, I was out there last week and more people asking how many are you allowed to keep, do we need to put up signs everywhere?

I bet you they got the ticket for the no licenses . They will be going to court , any poaching violation gives you a nice slip to show up in court .Ive watched several people get caught keeping fish they shouldn't of , or so on most likely its me calling the Conservation officers on you . Yep I'm a RAT . Anyway Ive never seen anyone person that was poaching , get a ticket , always for not having a license , and these people tend to be repeat offenders . Ill pull of a bunch of Fish and wildlife court cases.

02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Great to hear of a few guys getting caught, its a $25 licence and the regs aren't that confusing if you can read.

I know highlight of my fishing day is watching at least one person caught for ither to many fish , or open liquor , these sorts of things bring a huge smile to my face , oh and if you fish with me , follow the laws or be prepared for the friendly conservation officer to become not so friendly LOL . I got many friends , Almost in ever area I fish . Just flip thru to find the right card and dial em up .

FisherPotch
02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
"Any body thats kept a Bull trout in recent years needs a big spanking!! How long have we been preaching "no black put it back"?"

$2000 fines given out in the cases i was reading about, a bit more of a fine than is normally given for fishing offences.

2000 bucks for keeping a bull trout! Now thats more like it!! That should teach them a lesson. Were those cases published in game warden mag by chance?

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
$2000.00 bucks will get their attention. The Fish police should also be able to confiscate items belonging to the guys breaking the rules.

FisherPotch
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm fairly certain they can take it all if they want. Anything used to poach from my understanding. Truck boat equipment etc. Most the time they are too nice to take everything from my understanding.

Some one correct me if i'm wrong please.

02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
$2000.00 bucks will get their attention. The Fish police should also be able to confiscate items belonging to the guys breaking the rules.

Like I previously said , Ive watched guy get arrested , trucks and boat towed , etc etc , They can do what they want . They know whats worth going after .

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Glad to see you have witnessed some of the law breakers BBJ. I phoned the report a poacher line on Garner Lake last summer. I asked the fisherman if they knew of the Regs for the lake. They did not care as they had a cabin on the lake. I also have a cabin on the lake and fish with up to 4 kids in the boat and teach them proper catch and release so someone else can enjoy the same experience. The people fishing about 100 yards away kept over 12 Walleye in a collapsed fishery.

I never heard back from the wildlife officers and I am still trying to see what kind of penalty they got.

When I phoned it in the person on the end of the line said they may not have time to investigate due to staff shortage. Too Bad!!!

I hope something was done for the future of our lakes in AB.

lucaslogan
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't poach nor do I fish without a license but I do like to have a beer with my sandwich. I take my empty with me and If you were to report me well you are a LOSER. I don't get drunk on one beer and I pick up other peoples garbage.Guys who get ****ed should be reported but one or two beers should be legal.

jrs
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
"2000 bucks for keeping a bull trout! Now thats more like it!! That should teach them a lesson. Were those cases published in game warden mag by chance?"

For multiple bull trout in each case but still, thats a big fine. Most recent game warden has the details.

02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Exactly as previously mentioned , Being a sportsmen , hunter , fishermen , so on and so on , Its your responsibility to know what the laws and rules are . Ive fished all over , the rules all change . I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS , have a copy of the regulations , come on people there free , take a few , when you buy your bait , or hooks . Have one in tackle box , in truck , Make sure you know what the rules are . And after that you still want to deliberately break the law well , I hope they come down on you hard . But for folks like my self and such that follow the laws and regulations set out to us . Let it be a warning follow them or get caught . You think the Conservation officer , or RCMP Officer , or Fish and wildlife officer are going to give two %&#!'s what you think . And by breaking the law hope they law the smack down on you.

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I think you should be able to have a couple of beers or whiskey to warm you up on a cold day. The officers will give you a ticket if you have open alcohol on the lake.

Just make sure you have designated driver and don't abuse it.

02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
I think you should be able to have a couple of beers or whiskey to warm you up on a cold day. The officers will give you a ticket if you have open alcohol on the lake.

Just make sure you have designated driver and don't abuse it.

Uh I think not . Still open alcohol in a public place .

FisherPotch
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Beer and fishing the age old battle LOL.

I'm with ya guys. On the hard water I'll welcome a brew or two in an instant. And rum is even more welcome. On over nighters I might get a little tippsy depending on ice conditions and other factors. Recently fishing from shore I was asked about some empties in my vehicle on the way out. Said we had a few and cleaned up our mess. If it's not going to hurt anything or create any risks I don't see why it isn't allowed. I asked the CO what happens if I real in my line and drink my beer and he was actually quite rude about it. People can camp and drink so I don't see why I cant sit in my chair and drink, it isn't hurting anything. When a person is drunk its different because then it is effecting your judgment. Just my opinion. Hunting and beers on the other hand is a big no no IMHO.

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
BBJ,

I will have shot of brandy with my coffee in the morning at the cabin. I go back to the cabin at lunch to have a quick beer with the boys 18 and older.

I don't bring any liquor on the lake. When the kids are fishing with me I will just have a coffee in the morning and make some hot chocolate for the kids.

Thanks.

fishunter77
02-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I will never drink alcohol while hunting. I strictly go for birds but safety is the first priorty.

Smokey
02-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I would not lose sleep on people poaching from Wabumum, although I agree it is wrong legally. It doesn't make me wanna gnash my teeth like say someone keeping walleye out of recovering walleye fishery. The lake was closed because of the train derailment, and is more for liability sakes then anything. I personally would not touch fish out of there before. I know there is a large concentration of mercury in the water, but test should be done to test the water to see if there were any lasting issues since the spill. I doubt there is much concidering the size of the lake. Government and CN don't want to deal with any ramifications if someone put together a lawsuit, if for some outside chance they developed health issues. I may be wrong and am more than willing to hear someone elses viewpoint. CHEERS!

sco22
02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I have actually been pulled over on Touchwood Lake 5 years ago during ice fishing season. . .on my quad. I had a case of Coors Light strapped to the front and about 15 of us were making our way over to Spencer Lake for the day. We were winter camping at the Touchwood Campground.

The lake had terrible flood water that year and most of the vehicles were getting stuck about 1/2 way across. Even the quads were fighting it a lot. I had turned around to go get a couple more shovels and was about 400 yards from shore on the same path as the CO was using to come out on the ice. On go his lights and the passenger CO pops his head out and says "pull over". I was thinking pull over? Where? So I did. They got out and started asking me about the beer, where I was going, how much had I drank. It was around 10:30 am. Luckily there was only 1 missing. They basically told me that a quad is the same as a car and if you drink on a quad it is the same as drinking in a car. Open liquor and/or an impaired charge. The younger fellow (about 30 I would guess) was really giving me the lecture and the older one (around 50) who I have seen about 150 times in that area just said be smart about things. Don't get drunk and drive your quad on the lake because they don't want to come and rescue a drunk that gets lost. They sent me on my way and I warned them about the flood water asking if they had chains. They quite politely reminded me that they drove on this lake about 3 times a week and they should be okay. About 20 minutes later, they got stuck. Really stuck.

I have been checked out on the ice multiple times and not once (other than being pulled over) have the CO's said anything about a beer or two. If you are drunk and throwing your 15 beer cans out on the ice while ripping around on your quad, you will get in trouble. Keep it to a couple of beers in your tent and carry out your garbage and there will be no trouble.

Just my thoughts. . .

icefever
02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
If they are given a ticket for no license then why is the government promoting fishing with out a license this weekend. Seems crazy to me a fishing license cost less than a bottle of CR or a tank of gas in my truck

JohninAB
02-09-2009, 11:23 AM
ice fever, they are allowing the free fishing weekends as a way to promote it. Hopefully get some out for the first time and they may take it up fulltime. It is a Canada wide promotion darn near I think.

Penner
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
As I understand it, consuming open liquor anywhere on public property is technically illegal. Public property as being on a sidewalk, on a street, out in a park, or even out on a frozen lake as I was told by a CO while he was emptying our almost full case of beer out onto the ice on Lake Isle once.

At least we never got a ticket :ashamed:, and my buddy had bought the beer :lol:, and it was only Pilsner :sick:, but nonetheless we were still peeved right off about the entire incident :mad2:.

BigRackLover
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
$140 bucks is nothing - should be $5000

drake
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
$140 bucks is nothing - should be $5000

Then i guess you wouldnt mind $5000 for going 10km over the speed limit, or $10 000 for failing to COMPLETLY stop at a stop sign. It seems to me the social consequences with keeping a slimy gator from wab are a little less than driving in an "unsafe manor " and jeprodizing others on the road. Im just trying to show that we have to keep things in perspecitve when it comes to fines and what not.

02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Then i guess you wouldnt mind $5000 for going 10km over the speed limit, or $10 000 for failing to COMPLETLY stop at a stop sign. It seems to me the social consequences with keeping a slimy gator from wab are a little less than driving in an "unsafe manor " and jeprodizing others on the road. Im just trying to show that we have to keep things in perspecitve when it comes to fines and what not.

Speeding and poaching are two diffrent things .

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I honestly can't beleive the mentality of some of the people on this site sometimes its like listening to a bunch of 5 year olds talk.. ( my mommy said its bad to drink beer when your fishing ) what ever :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or better yet $5000.00 for what ?? not giving the government more money out of our pockets.. We should be mad at the fact that the f'n government finds it necesary to charge its people for taking part in what is ours in the first place. Get a grip the guy went out caught a fish to eat and never gave the damn government $25.00 to do so,, big deal,, power to him I say...

Now slag away !!!!!!!!!

moosehunter3-0
02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I dont see the need for outrageous fines, sure keeping a pike where the keep limit is 0 is stupid but thats about the extent of it. Its not like he killed a sturgeon or worse yet a super rare endangered spawning pike :lol:

Bear Ballz
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I honestly can't beleive the mentality of some of the people on this site sometimes its like listening to a bunch of 5 year olds talk.. ( my mommy said its bad to drink beer when your fishing )

Or better yet $5000.00 for what ?? not giving the government more money out of our pockets.. We should be mad at the fact that the f'n government finds it necesary to charge its people for taking part in what is ours in the first place. Get a grip the guy went out caught a fish to eat and never gave the damn government $25.00 to do so,, big deal,, power to him I say...

Now slag away !!!!!!!!!

With an attitude like that, I'm willing to bet your deep freeze is right full of Walleye:sick: Way to go! You're really showing the Gov't.

drake
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Speeding and poaching are two diffrent things .

so what's your point?.....

One action carries a threat of harming yourself and those around you. The other is a victimless crime (wrong yes, but victimless) that threatens no one.

If someone has a history of poaching fish, then i agree a harsher fine should handed out.....

02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
so what's your point?.....

One action carries a threat of harming yourself and those around you. The other is a victimless crime (wrong yes, but victimless) that threatens no one.

If someone has a history of poaching fish, then i agree a harsher fine should handed out.....

Its your responsibility to know the regulations . If you deliberately break that law , you should have the maximum layed out . As for speeding I don't speed , so be that , Deliberately going over the speed limit is wrong , and well if a cop felt the want to give a 5000 dollar ticket so be but . But Poaching is inexcuseable , there shouldn't be a minimum penalty . Learn once pay the fine after that pay fine and spend some time in a 6 x 6 cell , as well have there names publicly published , with details , loose all there , gear , truck etc . I don't know what you think about that , But myself I follow the law , I don't care if I'm fishing , hunting quading , driving down the street , I stay within the law . I don't bend it I don't break it and I feel nore should anyone else and when you get caught you deserve what you get , might make our society a better place.

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
With an attitude like that, I'm willing to bet your deep freeze is right full of Walleye:sick: Way to go! You're really showing the Gov't.

Uh no actually. I don't care to keep fish in the freezer very long I like my fish as fresh as possible. I generally try and not keep them over a couple weeks what ever it takes to get enough for a feed for the family so depending on what lake I am fishing on and what the regs allow one to keep on that particular lake it may take a couple trips or sometimes if the boys are with me we can do it in one trip.

See it is still o.k. in this country (for the time being anyways) to disagree with some of the laws with out actually breaking any. Just because I don't agree with some of our dumb ass laws doesn't mean I break them.

Sorry but I have never been one to just bend over and take it. I do believe in stating ones views on a subject that involes me,, how bout you do you just like bending over every time the government comes up with a new law ????

happy perch fisher
02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Uh no actually. I don't care to keep fish in the freezer very long I like my fish as fresh as possible. I generally try and not keep them over a couple weeks what ever it takes to get enough for a feed for the family so depending on what lake I am fishing on and what the regs allow one to keep on that particular lake it may take a couple trips or sometimes if the boys are with me we can do it in one trip.

See it is still o.k. in this country (for the time being anyways) to disagree with some of the laws with out actually breaking any. Just because I don't agree with some of our dumb ass laws doesn't mean I break them.

Sorry but I have never been one to just bend over and take it. I do believe in stating ones views on a subject that involes me,, how bout you do you just like bending over ????

You know u just admited u keep your walleye in the freezer and go and catch another one out of the same lake and keep it.

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
You know u just admited u keep your walleye in the freezer and go and catch another one out of the same lake and keep it.

Yah so whats your point ??

Please read,

Province-wide maximum possession – All fish kept from any lake or stream, from any Watershed Unit, count as part of the province-wide maximum possession that must not be exceeded. The maximum number of fish you may have, including fish at your home, for each game fish species or group of species is listed below:

Trout and Arctic Grayling – 5 in total, combined of:
0 bull trout (native to Alberta);
2 Northern Dolly Varden (stocked in Chester Lake only);
1 golden trout;
2 Arctic grayling;
3 lake trout;
5 cutthroat trout;
5 rainbow trout;
5 brown trout;
5 brook trout.

Mountain Whitefish – 5 in total.
Walleye and Sauger – 3 in combined total.
Northern Pike – 3 in total
Yellow Perch – 15 in total.
Lake Whitefish and Cisco (Tullibee) – 10 in combined total.
Goldeye and Mooneye – 10 in combined total.
Burbot (Ling) – 10 in total.
Lake Sturgeon – 0
Non-game fish – no restriction on the numbers kept.

happy perch fisher
02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Your still only alowed 1 for a lake that allows 1 only.

wheels113
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
lol good one

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Your still only alowed 1 for a lake that allows 1 only.

Yah again whats your point ???

Like my statement says Depending on what the regs are for a particular body of water and if the boys are with me or not it may take a couple weeks to get enough for a feed or we may do it in 1 day.

Here I'll make it simple for you so you can understand...

Today I go to Beaver Lake by myself, the possession limit is 1 Walleye, then a couple days later the 3 boys and I go to Grassy Lake the possession limit is 3 Walleye per person, the boys will keep 1 or 2 a piece. At this time we may or may not have enough for a feed we usually like about 6 fish. So then in 2 weeks we head off to Seibert Lake and get 2 more fish. See now we have enough fish for a feed. All legal and spanned over 2 weeks..

Are you able to comprehend it now ??

ceedub
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Lol....everyone with a cell phone thinks he's a fish cop... oh brother. I don't condone real poachers either but these cell phone rambos make me sick! Believe it or not some guys enjoy a beer or two out fishing, just like during a round of golf or a football game.....show me a Moose camp full of old boys without a bottle or two. This is a great example of political correctness out of control. I think a post in one of the other forums talks about "real men" in the sport.......I bet those "real men" wouldn't have had this discussion.

happy perch fisher
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Yah again whats your point ???

Like my statement says Depending on what the regs are for a particular body of water and if the boys are with me or not it may take a couple weeks to get enough for a feed or we may do it in 1 day.

Here I'll make it simple for you so you can understand...

Today I go to Beaver Lake by myself, the possession limit is 1 Walleye, then a couple days later the 3 boys and I go to Grassy Lake the possession limit is 3 Walleye per person, the boys will keep 1 or 2 a piece. At this time we may or may not have enough for a feed we usually like about 6 fish. So then in 2 weeks we head off to Seibert Lake and get 2 more fish. See now we have enough fish for a feed. All legal and spanned over 2 weeks..

Are you able to comprehend it now ??

You said in your post before u edited it that u keep your 1 walleye put in your freezer then go back and keep another one. You said u repeat this intel you have info for a meal. So do u understand that illegal. You can read it agian if u want but that what u said.

Originally Posted by Walleyes

Sorry but I have never been one to just bend over and take it. I do believe in stating ones views on a subject that involes me,, how bout you do you just like bending over ????

02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I read that also thought it was interesting , but didnt say anything ah well , some of these guys on here baffel me .
You said in your post before u edited it that u keep your 1 walleye put in your freezer then go back and keep another one. You said u repeat this intel you have info for a meal. So do u understand that illegal. You can read it agian if u want but that what u said.

02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Lol....everyone with a cell phone thinks he's a fish cop... oh brother. I don't condone real poachers either but these cell phone rambos make me sick! Believe it or not some guys enjoy a beer or two out fishing, just like during a round of golf or a football game.....show me a Moose camp full of old boys without a bottle or two. This is a great example of political correctness out of control. I think a post in one of the other forums talks about "real men" in the sport.......I bet those "real men" wouldn't have had this discussion.

NOW THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID , those places have a little piece of paper called a liquor license . Open liquor in public is a 125.00 fine . And as for these so called Cell phone Rambo's well glad there out there , keeping some of these folks in check that feel even though I'm going to deliberately break the law its just one poached fish . Give me a bloody break .

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Sorry but I have never been one to just bend over and take it. I do believe in stating ones views on a subject that involves me,, how bout you do you just like bending over ????

Sorry bud but everything I wrote about keeping fish is still in the original post the editing was not done on that part of the post. So please don't put words in my mouth just read the post. Just because you now look like a fool don't try and make me out to be a liar. And I may very well keep 1 fish put it in the freezer and go back another day and get another 1 thats not legal on a lake with a 3 Possession limit ??? As well when I am speaking and say I go fishing I rarely go by myself most of the time my boys are with me or a couple friends its just a general way of speaking.. If that passes your approval.

happy perch fisher
02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry bud but everything I wrote about keeping fish is still in the original post the editing was not done on that part of the post. So please don't put words in my mouth just read the post. Just because you now look like a fool don't try and make me out to be a liar.

What are u talking about my orignal copy and paste i never edited anything u wrote as u can notice it was copy and pasted right off start on my first comment. You just can't handle it that your in the wrong.

ceedub
02-09-2009, 07:38 PM
NOW THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID , those places have a little piece of paper called a liquor license . Open liquor in public is a 125.00 fine . And as for these so called Cell phone Rambo's well glad there out there , keeping some of these folks in check that feel even though I'm going to deliberately break the law its just one poached fish . Give me a bloody break .

They kept a fish........keep it in perspective, nobody was killed. Is it right? No, but, I see so called catch and release anglers every weekend at my lake and yes, they do release all the Walleye they catch. The seagulls feast heavily on all the Walleye that are belly up when they pull out of the bay, is that any different?. You wanna talk right and wrong??? As far as the drinking goes, if you don't like to take a sip or two that's your business, you sure are hung up on the drinking laws though. Give it a break.

02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
They kept a fish........keep it in perspective, nobody was killed. Is it right? No, but, I see so called catch and release anglers every weekend at my lake and yes, they do release all the Walleye they catch. The seagulls feast heavily on all the Walleye that are belly up when they pull out of the bay, is that any different?. You wanna talk right and wrong??? As far as the drinking goes, if you don't like to take a sip or two that's your business, you sure are hung up on the drinking laws though. Give it a break.

You know what you break the law you deserve to be punished . Theres ovious reasons to why Wabbamun is a 0 limit , know your facts before you post . No man I love to have a drink every now and then far from affraid of it . But agian OPEN LIQUOR IN PUBLIC IS ILLEGAL . What part of that do you keep argueing about .

BigRackLover
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Interesting point. I can see where you are coming from.

Let's assume you pay for licenses and tags and whatnot. Now don't you feel the slighest bit ****ed off that someone just goes out and takes from the natrual resources your licenses and tags fees pay to manage.

The SRD has a plan (good one, bad one ... another thread discussion) but the least people could is follow that plan (and rules) so that we sustain the natural resources we have.

The reason for my belief in increased fines is that $140 just don't hurt enough. $5000 maybe a bit high, but I'd say less poaching would be done.

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
What are u talking about my orignal copy and paste i never edited anything u wrote as u can notice it was copy and pasted right off start on my first comment. You just can't handle it that your in the wrong.

Fine but where does it say that you can't go to a lake with a possesion limit of more than 1 and go more than once in order to get your possession limit. And where did I say what particular lake I fish on ??? And you may go to a lake today with a possession limit of 1 then go to a different lake the next day with a possession limit of 1 and so on until you have your 3. Show me where this is illegal.. And show me where in my statement I said that I did any different.
Please hurry before your mommy calls you to bed...

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Walleyes;262756]

[\QUOTE]

Interesting point. I can see where you are coming from.

Let's assume you pay for licenses and tags and whatnot. Now don't you feel the slighest bit ****ed off that someone just goes out and takes from the natrual resources your licenses and tags fees pay to manage.

The SRD has a plan (good one, bad one ... another thread discussion) but the least people could is follow that plan (and rules) so that we sustain the natural resources we have.

The reason for my belief in increased fines is that $140 just don't hurt enough. $5000 maybe a bit high, but I'd say less poaching would be done.

I totally agree with you BRL I do get p'd off when I pay for a license and the next guy thinks he can get away with it but hey the guy got caught he was fined good enough. Why is it that on here every time we get something like this its always blown way the hell out of proportion ?? I mean like it was said already the guy never killed no one he never injured anyone, He fished without a license and kept 1 fish big wow. He got his leave it at that. Then we get going on the liquor thing,, gee wizz some people just got to grow up you know.. I mean I personally love having a beer while in my boat do it all the time actually, just love settin up the rods in the down riggers sit back and troll the day away sippin on a cold one,, ah man just doesn't get any better you know. Or sittin on my favorite wally hole for the night and sippin on a fresh cold Kokanee come on now you going to tell me I'm the only one. As long as a guy doesn't have to many and jumps in the truck and hits the road all in the bag,, hey have at er.

happy perch fisher
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
depending on what lake I am fishing on and what the regs allow one to keep on that particular lake it may take a couple trips

u said it right there

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
depending on what lake I am fishing on and what the regs allow one to keep on that particular lake it may take a couple trips

u said it right there

Oh for crying out loud now I see where you are getting this from.

allow one is this what you are refering too ?? the word one in this statement is used to discribe ones self you know what I mean ?? I don't really know how to put it in words but I think you know what I mean.

02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh for crying out loud now I see where you are getting this from.

allow one is this what you are refering too ?? the word one in this statement is used to discribe ones self you know what I mean ?? I don't really know how to put it in words but I think you know what I mean.

You did say something earlyer that I miss understood . I wasnt questioning you , I don't care what you do after all were all adults and make our own choices.

Walleyes
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
You did say it earlyer this afternoon .

I said what ?? do you not understand what I meant in my explanation..

sendero
02-09-2009, 09:43 PM
John, a few weeks ago someone posted a question regarding the # of lines they could use when fishing. Your reply was

"two lines or two tip ups or a rod and a tip up , open water only allowed 1 rod per person except if your trolling. Hope this helps."

It was quickly pointed out that your advice was incorrect. Now considering that you advocate keeping a set of regulations in every nook and cranny and read them religiously, it seems that if a mis-interpretation of the regulations can happen to you it can happen to anyone.

Should you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law (entirely possible) then lets hope their isn't someone on a message board somewhere demanding for your name to be posted publicly, loss of your fishing gear etc.

lucaslogan
02-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Who the hell died and made you KING. I can see by the fact that you have posted 2500 times that you HAVE NO LIFE.You come on this site. comment on every post , like we need your approval.We know that open booze is against the law and we hope that the fish cop is not some crazy wannabe hardhead that realizes that a beer with your meal is NOT hurting anyone.Some laws are wrong but people like you are the kind of Sheep that make the Government make even stupider laws.If a guy is having one beer with his lunch and you turn him in like you said , I hope you hit a spring and become fish food.

TreeGuy
02-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Walleyes, forget it. I am 150% behind you on this one! Sheeze. Funny how some who bitch and complain about lieberals and jack layton are sounding just like 'em.

Rapists and pedophiles get suspended sentences and /or house arrest!:mad3: $5000 for a fish??? Come on.

As for enjoying a beer or two while fishing..................I do. So what? If you guys want the punishment for that to be the equivalent to what I would get for stealing your truck, then guess what? I'm going to steal your truck while having a beer and sell it to buy more beer and pay the fine. Grow the F up!:tongue2:

Tree

Bear Ballz
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Walleyes, forget it. I am 150% behind you on this one! Sheeze. Funny how some who bitch and complain about lieberals and jack layton are sounding just like 'em.

Rapists and pedophiles get suspended sentences and /or house arrest!:mad3: $5000 for a fish??? Come on.

As for enjoying a beer or two while fishing..................I do. So what? If you guys want the punishment for that to be the equivalent to what I would get for stealing your truck, then guess what? I'm going to steal your truck while having a beer and sell it to buy more beer and pay the fine. Grow the F up!:tongue2:

Tree

O.K. Mods, seems the tattle tale can swear in the public forum are you going to ban him too?

02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
John, a few weeks ago someone posted a question regarding the # of lines they could use when fishing. Your reply was

"two lines or two tip ups or a rod and a tip up , open water only allowed 1 rod per person except if your trolling. Hope this helps."

It was quickly pointed out that your advice was incorrect. Now considering that you advocate keeping a set of regulations in every nook and cranny and read them religiously, it seems that if a mis-interpretation of the regulations can happen to you it can happen to anyone.

Should you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law (entirely possible) then lets hope their isn't someone on a message board somewhere demanding for your name to be posted publicly, loss of your fishing gear etc.

This is true but I know id read my regulation before stepping on the ice or into the boat. I can be wrong as well as get my regulations mixed up , yes it happens .

02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Who the hell died and made you KING. I can see by the fact that you have posted 2500 times that you HAVE NO LIFE.You come on this site. comment on every post , like we need your approval.We know that open booze is against the law and we hope that the fish cop is not some crazy wannabe hardhead that realizes that a beer with your meal is NOT hurting anyone.Some laws are wrong but people like you are the kind of Sheep that make the Government make even stupider laws.If a guy is having one beer with his lunch and you turn him in like you said , I hope you hit a spring and become fish food.

No I could care less , I'm stating its against the law and if people are going to whine and cry about it so be it. Its the law and if its broken , chance you get caught good. Me have 2500 posts has nothing to do with anything.I wouldn't call the cops if a had one beer all the power to you its when guys drink a case or two then drive is what bugs me . Last thing I want to do is die to some idiot that's going to drink and drive. As for the guy keeping 1 fish its still 1 to many in a lake that's strictly catch and release.And for doing that got caught.In my opinion maximum penalty's would wake people up and not do these sorts of things even if its just 1 fish.

SteveY66
02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
talk about a thread getting out of hand.

If everyone knows so much about the law. The Co's are loookin for people.

Go apply.

I totally agree with the fine, he broke the law. Now can we all stop slayin each other.

AND as for walleyes.

Dont worry about these guys, u say one thing and it blows out of proportion. Thats why sometimes its better not even voicing an opinion

Albertadiver
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I hope you hit a spring and become fish food.

Back atcha buddy. Not a very nice thing to say even it is them thar internets. Why don't you try to disagree with a statement without the flagrancy?

Wow, between HPF not being so happy and Bare Ballz being the scorned one, there's a few folks with a wee bit o' cabin fever this evening.

bull9898
02-09-2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=lucaslogan;263049]Who the hell died and made you KING. I can see by the fact that you have posted 2500 times that you HAVE NO LIFE.You come on this site. comment on every post , like we need your approval.We know that open booze is against the law and we hope that the fish cop is not some crazy wannabe hardhead that realizes that a beer with your meal is NOT hurting anyone.Some laws are wrong but people like you are the kind of Sheep that make the Government make even stupider laws.If a guy is having one beer with his lunch and you turn him in like you said .

x2 we are all grown ups on this site and do not need to be told not to drink and all that bull s&*t and for you if you go and call the fish cops on me for haveing a beer in my boat your not much of a man.

bull9898
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Tree

this is very well said i to support walleyes 100%

TreeGuy
02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
O.K. Mods, seems the tattle tale can swear in the public forum are you going to ban him too?

Bare Ballz, glad to see that you took the time for some self reflection during your 'time out' in order to gain some class. Congrats man. Well done! My 7 year old would be very proud.:rolleye2:

TREE!

hockeyfish
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I honestly can't beleive the mentality of some of the people on this site sometimes its like listening to a bunch of 5 year olds talk.. ( my mommy said its bad to drink beer when your fishing ) what ever :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now slag away !!!!!!!!!

agreed