PDA

View Full Version : Marcum vs825 camera lens cracked on the inside

tonypower
12-13-2015, 06:12 PM
I bought a marcum camera 2 years ago. I pulled it out of storage today to get it ready. When I fired it up the picture wasn't very good. After trying to clean the glass on the camera lens I noticed a bunch of hair line cracks on the glass. The weird thing is that I have never dropped it and the cracks are on the inside of the glass. Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement glass?

Zip-in-Z
12-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Happened to me, but I had moisture get into the camera, called Marcum, they don't sell the replacement piece which is plastic not glass .... they wanted over $200.00 plus shipping, customs duty & exchange for a new camera/head, just not worth it.

So I had a piece of thin glass from a picture frame and a DIY repair for $6.00 (cost of tube silicone) it still works better than B-New, no moisture what-so-ever, lens is clear as glass, check out my Gator or Brownlows threads.

Let us know what you ended up doing.

Z-z

Link to my old post ....

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=213384

tonypower
12-13-2015, 07:20 PM
I think I am going to go buy a new one and return the old one. You think for how much these stupid things are they would be a better quality. Lol

Jamie Black R/T
12-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Happened on my lx9...one email to marcum and i had a shipping label to send the damaged lens to them. Took a while but had a brand new one no questions asked. Their customer sevice is good they just get very behind this time of the year.

tonypower
12-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Ya I will try that, just sucks not having my camera all year.

tonypower
12-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Happened on my lx9...one email to marcum and i had a shipping label to send the damaged lens to them. Took a while but had a brand new one no questions asked. Their customer sevice is good they just get very behind this time of the year.

Thanks for the advice, talked to customer service and they will warranty the camera no questions asked. :sHa_shakeshout: Still sucks not having a camera. Maybe I will try and find a used flasher and give that a go.

Jamie Black R/T
12-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the advice, talked to customer service and they will warranty the camera no questions asked. :sHa_shakeshout: Still sucks not having a camera. Maybe I will try and find a used flasher and give that a go.
I was down from march to june waiting for mine but they were totally out of stock at the time. Hope yours doesnt take that long.

Regardless they got it fixed up no problem as it should be. Im happy with marcum service.

Luckily with mine i still had the flasher to get out fishing and i dont use the camera much anyway.

slingshotz
12-14-2015, 10:44 PM

They are pretty awesome, mine leaked last year and they also replaced it after two years which I was surprised. It got sent out pretty fast at the beginning of the hard water season so you might be lucky too.

It's too bad that you are in Edmonton as I think I still have the plastic lens for my old camera. I did try and tear it apart to see how it was built and it's actually sealed up pretty damn good.

tonypower
01-13-2016, 01:08 PM
So I got my camera back yesterday. I have to say I have never had such good service. I had the camera for two full seasons and this would be the third. sent it in and got it fixed free of charge. Great service. When I buy a flasher I will be buying a Marcum product. thanks for the help guys.

Jamie Black R/T
01-13-2016, 01:24 PM
So I got my camera back yesterday. I have to say I have never had such good service. I had the camera for two full seasons and this would be the third. sent it in and got it fixed free of charge. Great service. When I buy a flasher I will be buying a Marcum product. thanks for the help guys.

they are a true stand up company with a very helpful staff. Its rare these days and nobody should hesitate to buy marcum products with confidence.

FWIW ive had the same level of customer service from humminbird/minn kota. Stand up and help even when out of warranty.

Its nice to see.

Happy to hear you are all fixed up Tony. See ya on the hard water.

wbaj
01-13-2016, 01:40 PM

I can't agree more with their service. I had the blue screen of death last spring on my Marcum camera. The unit was 2 1/2 years old,sent it in and a new unit was returned to me in less than 2 weeks. Excellent service, I would not hesitate to buy another Marcum product.