PDA

View Full Version : taking brother hunting

taking brother hunting
09-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Taking bro elk hunting, lending him my 338 WIN, he has no FAC or possession permit, he does have a hunter safety, I'll be with him when hunting. Could my gun get confiscated if checked in the field?

Don Meredith
09-05-2002, 07:08 AM
Brewster,

If you loan a firearm to your brother and he does not have an appropriate licence or FAC then he must be "under the direct and immediate supervision of a licensed adult (18 or older)" (see the Canadian Firearms Centre's FAQ page on the subject (http://www.canadianfirearms.com/en/faq/default.asp).

Don

winged1
09-05-2002, 01:55 PM
So you'll be leaving it up to the interpretation of the attending officer. My guess that would have your brother within arms length.

better safe tha
12-05-2002, 04:46 PM
my brother got me a borrowing liscence to use a gun of his for a deer hunt it cost me 30.00 dollars you fill out one side of the form and he fills out the other side then you send it in they will give you a call asking whay gun he or she will be useing and the general area you will be in and how long he will be useing it then they will give you a temp licence if everything checks out ok .i think there around the petroleum culb in edmonton i dont know the number to call .but it is better to be safe than sorry its to much red tape to get a new one i hope this helps a little good luck.