PDA

View Full Version : gull lake

d bowhunter
12-19-2015, 02:25 PM
just wondering how the ice is, last week my friend said 6-7 where he was a nice fellow on here told me the same in close but 300 yards out was 3'' hope for more ice this week. thanks to all good luck Dave

yoteblaster
12-19-2015, 03:51 PM
I,m on the lake right now. A good 8 inches at least. People driving full size 4 x4 diesels on 😳. Fishin totally SUCKS for me so far. Been out 5 times already. Worst year for me in quite a while. Hope you have better luck

latenite
12-19-2015, 04:10 PM
a friend of mine heard a truck went through the ice on Gull this week, has anyone heard anything on this?

Hydro1
12-19-2015, 04:12 PM
a friend of mine heard a truck went through the ice on Gull this week, has anyone heard anything on this?

Heard a rumor of this too. Haven't seen any proof. Either way, be safe guys.

latenite
12-19-2015, 04:16 PM
I read on the ice thickness post that is was a f-150 8-10 feet out on Brownlows, tires went in apparently, lucky guy!

yoteblaster
12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Just caught a nice gator. Maybe my luck is changing

Hydro1
12-19-2015, 04:31 PM
I read on the ice thickness post that is was a f-150 8-10 feet out on Brownlows, tires went in apparently, lucky guy!

Yeah no kidding. Foolish but I'm glad he got out.

kinwahkly
12-19-2015, 06:36 PM
https://goo.gl/photos/ZPygQpUDXVQ8iYa4A

https://goo.gl/photos/f5mqwN5uvpR48VKXA

WildCats
12-19-2015, 10:13 PM
Truck broke through just south of the Brownlows access in a few feet of water. Fished Friday and found ice from 4" to 10" without moving very far.

WC

Hilgy
12-19-2015, 10:40 PM
The rumor is true. Full size Dodge diesel. Older couple just out for a drive. Very lucky. His wife sat in my truck on shore until he got it out with help from another fisherman.

We drilled holes all the way out to where we put the shack. Anywhere from 8" to 11.5" where the shack is.

This week should help but please be careful. That was the first vehicle I have seen go through and it scared the crap out of me.

Dom4
12-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Yeah no kidding. Foolish but I'm glad he got out.

X2 no matter how silly that seems to drive on I would never want to see anyone get hurt

pikester
12-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Was out at Brownlows yesterday, found 8.5"-9.5" ice everywhere I drilled. A few trucks drove south right along the edge of shore & made out ok. One intrepid fellow with a half ton drove about 75 yards offshore to set up his stuff, he made it but I wouldn't risk it yet!

Double-Eh
12-20-2015, 11:01 AM
How's the fishing? Hoping to land my first white either tomorrow or Tuesday

Nikanit
12-20-2015, 11:24 AM
One intrepid fellow with a half ton drove about 75 yards offshore to set up his stuff, he made it but I wouldn't risk it yet!

I was there too and the guy drove past me when we were walking out with the sled. I gave him a "what the hey look" after feeling the ice crack and heave underneath me", and he just smiled and waved, was totally clueless. If he would have come near us I was going to tell him to grab a few more brain cells.:snapoutofit:

Don't want someone like that near me on the ice. I'm pretty vocal about someone else putting me in danger.

David Henry
12-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Fished yesterday afternoon and caught this brute, LOL. Its my best Gull Lake perch so far at just under 1lb. David.

SNAPFisher
12-20-2015, 04:41 PM
I was there too and the guy drove past me when we were walking out with the sled. I gave him a "what the hey look" after feeling the ice crack and heave underneath me", and he just smiled and waved, was totally clueless. If he would have come near us I was going to tell him to grab a few more brain cells.:snapoutofit:

Don't want someone like that near me on the ice. I'm pretty vocal about someone else putting me in danger.

I agree with you. Idiots risking their lives are one thing but when they risk others, or, at least potentially ruining their day to, they have crossed a new line into scumbagton.

pikester
12-20-2015, 05:06 PM
How's the fishing? Hoping to land my first white either tomorrow or Tuesday

I was with my 9yr old & we did ok, 1 pike & 22 perch but only 3 were worth keeping. I moved about 3 times & drilled probably 40 holes in order to find that many fish. The fish we did locate seemed reasonably aggressive as they were all caught jigging; got nothing all day on the tip ups. Only saw a couple whites, had one on but lost it. Strange that we didn't see 1 burbot all day; not on the flasher, cameras, or just looking down holes. Don't ever remember a trip to Gull without at least seeing 1 or 2 :confused:

fluxcore
12-20-2015, 05:28 PM
I got out for two hrs last minute today, fished 8-12ft of water and caught a tone of perch! This could be the year of the small guys lol not many keepers but I'm sure they have the pike and walleye's full to the gills lol