PDA

View Full Version : Fishing cameras

Supergrit
12-20-2015, 06:18 PM
For those that own fishing cameras have they actually helped you catch more fish.

Mr.Brookie
12-20-2015, 06:35 PM
I find my camera helps if I am fishing deeper water. Also keeps the kids interested!

Pyraci
12-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Good for perfecting presentation techniques

deerguy
12-20-2015, 06:44 PM
The flasher has helped me catch more fish, the camera has helped me pass the time

EZM
12-20-2015, 06:54 PM
There is no doubt watching a fish react to, either rejecting or attacking your presentation certainly helps you catch more fish.

PerchBuster
12-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Yes, 100%, never leave home without it!

kcward
12-20-2015, 07:21 PM
A good example is we had pike coming in, but not biting...we noticed that the pike were picking up the minows that fell off the hook that were laying on the bottom. I dropped my hook right to the bottom and let it lay there and within seconds got the pike. Plus it is nice to see the structure on the bottom. I also have a lowrance HDS-5 rigged for ice, but haven't played with the flasher setting enough to learn it because I am busy playin with the camera.

I have the Marcum pancam that several people can wifi into and love the technology. I had trouble with the one I had last year and had it replaced with the new ones that have a beefed up motor, but haven't tried it yet.

Good luck with your choices.

raw outdoors
12-20-2015, 08:30 PM
I have a flasher and i have a marcum pancam but i still prefer to look down the hole. All three will help you catch more fish. The flasher is the most versatile. The camera has its place but i have lost several big fish using the camera if you hook into a good one and you don't get that camera up almost instantly you will have a ratsnest and a lost fish. Flasher works day night and all water depths and clarity. A flasher can tell you water depth without even drilling a hole. Just scape snow off ice pour a little water on ice put down the puck and it will read right through the ice.

schleprock
12-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Yes they do. Sometimes the perch will suck your hook in and spit it out without you knowing it but with the camera you can set the hook before they spit it out. If you weren't seeing this, you wouldn't know that this was happening.

huntsfurfish
12-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Good for perfecting presentation techniques

Yes, 100%, never leave home without it!

Yes they do. Sometimes the perch will suck your hook in and spit it out without you knowing it but with the camera you can set the hook before they spit it out. If you weren't seeing this, you wouldn't know that this was happening.

[QUOTE=EZM]There is no doubt watching a fish react to, either rejecting or attacking your presentation certainly helps you catch more fish.[QUOTE]

Yes, see above.

WayneChristie
12-20-2015, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=EZM]There is no doubt watching a fish react to, either rejecting or attacking your presentation certainly helps you catch more fish.[QUOTE]

Yes, see above.

yup, pus you can see what species is there unlike a flasher.

old dog
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
If I just had one unit, it would be the flasher. I do like the the camera to see what the bottom is like and how active the fish are around the hook

huntsfurfish
12-20-2015, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=huntsfurfish;3077500][QUOTE=EZM]There is no doubt watching a fish react to, either rejecting or attacking your presentation certainly helps you catch more fish.

yup, plus you can see what species is there unlike a flasher.

True.

deerguy
12-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Let's go fishing for lakers or Bull trout. I'll bring a flasher and you bring the camera. $100 per fish. That'll settle the camera/flasher debate pretty quick lol

slingshotz
12-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Each has their own place and time.

On the camera yesterday I could see trout bumping my hook or mouthing it, but I could wait until they took it good to set the hook. I could also see if jigging it aggressively was scaring or exciting individual fish, each one actually had different personalities and reacted differently which was neat to see. Landed over a dozen with the camera which I don't think I would have been able to with the flasher. Plus I managed to keep the hook away from the suckers, otherwise I would have ended up with a dozen suckers too lol.

Two weeks ago I could see lots of whitefish on the camera but they were all at different depths and water was murky. Flasher helped me catch a few by adjust the hook at various depths and not bothering to jig when there were no fish around.

I like to use the camera to see the structure and the type of fish, flasher is great at finding the depths plus invaluable at night.

Gillfisher
12-21-2015, 04:56 AM
I picked up an aqua view last season I can say for sure we are catching more fish now, Sat we were at Beaver Mines a bow came into the picture and sniffed around my buddies bait it was not interested in his presentation, I told my buddy the fish was coming over to my hole which it did. I did not pan the camera to my hole but seconds later I had the fish on and landed. Sat was my first time using the remote it is pretty neat. My buddy got his first trout through the ice with the assistance of my camera.