PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne Today

the pilot cock
12-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Went out this morning right in front of Willowbend Resort. Tried in 18 feet of water then moved to 13 feet. In 4 hours only saw 1 small pike on the camera and never had any other contacts on the sonar. Ice was approx 12-13" of good clear ice. In the afternoon moved to the south end right out front of the boat launch in 9 feet of water. Never saw a single fish. The ice was at least 3" thinner at the south end of the lake. Probably no more than 8". Saw one set of tire tracks on the ice at the south end but they only went 80 yards out or so, did an s-hook and headed back to shore.
Landed one fish all day. Extremely slow but nice to be out.

pitw
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
One is enough. The fun is in the doing. Good job on the doing.
Merry Christmas.

Jamie Black R/T
12-23-2015, 08:50 PM
The winter kill last spring was quite substantial. The nay sayers from that thread are oddly quiet now. Its sad. The lake was doing quite well.

nsaskpirate
12-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Try the north side by the old crap boat launch. Walk out near where the locals have set up and you might have success. Couldn't find the perch but did hook about 10 pike and a few eyes in 6 hours between 2 guys last week.

nsaskpirate
12-24-2015, 08:46 AM
I should note I do think the numbers are down due to the winter last year. I'll probably not be back out again this year but will take opportunity to explore new lakes

DonTreadOnMe
12-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Did well there this year in open water. Numbers of fish I caught were quite comparable to the 2 previous years.
Hell if people want to believe the hype more lake for me.

The BS of a substantial winterkill made it a fairly quiet place to fish this summer.

the pilot cock
12-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Did well there this year in open water. Numbers of fish I caught were quite comparable to the 2 previous years.
Hell if people want to believe the hype more lake for me.

The BS of a substantial winterkill made it a fairly quiet place to fish this summer.

I can't comment on the extent of the winterkill last year but it was hardly BS. My final trip to Lac La Nonne last march I fished in 4 different areas of the lake and there were dead fish all over the bottom. If you did well throughout the summer that is very encouraging news, but there was a substantial winterkill as far as numbers of dead fish go. It is possible that it only killed a certain species or size of fish...

EZM
12-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Winter / Summer Kills don't necessarily kill off the entire lake ..... a complete kill happens less than half of the time on a lake of that size ..... smaller watersheds experience complete kills more often compared to larger water bodies.

The end results vary by lake bathymetry, size and species, etc...

Also if there are tributaries, fish can re-habitate pretty quickly although the total aggregate population suffers for many years.

neilsledder
12-28-2015, 02:46 AM
I grew up 2 miles from the lake. Had some awesome fishing out there over the years. The biggest perch I have ever seen came from there.