PDA

View Full Version : aqua vu camera troubles

Girlsfishtoo
12-25-2015, 07:22 PM
hey folks just got a new aqua vu from cabelas its the 715 cz series and i turn it on its got a red light on the power button and the screen is grey but no picture,but however the led lights on the fish work, any solutions thanks

spoons
12-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Always take them back. Get your exchange or money. Most of these companies are good for fixing the problem. I think alot of it is due to social media. Word spreads fast when companies rip of consumers

Habfan
12-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Try turning the brightness and contrast up

Zip-in-Z
12-26-2015, 09:39 AM
My Marcum did something similar two years ago, had the blue screen of death, sent it in and they said it was a video driver board, I imagine same problem here.

italk2u
12-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Try this website first:
http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-Viewing-Systems/AV760cz.
It may be nothing more than a misplaced cord or weak battery.

hookset
12-26-2015, 10:14 AM
bought the same one this year for a gift for xmas. Just pulled it out and played with brightness and contrast to see if I could replicate what your explaining. I always see a little movement or shape that the camera is picking up.
Sounds like a defect or manufacture problem?? Id make sure its charged or plugged into wall outlet and try if you haven't done yet

Good luck!

Walleye44
12-27-2015, 06:48 PM
hey folks just got a new aqua vu from cabelas its the 715 cz series and i turn it on its got a red light on the power button and the screen is grey but no picture,but however the led lights on the fish work, any solutions thanks

It is probably just a bad battery or connection. You do not know how long this one sat in the warehouse. I would check the battery connections and test the battery or swap with a flasher battery to test it. Then give Aquavu's customer support a call. I have heard they have great customee supppert from a buddy. They will help you out. I have that camera and love it. It's hard to not fish with a camera now. Fish on.

TROLLER
12-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Just take it back and exchange it for a different one.

huntsfurfish
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^