PDA

View Full Version : is it much of a hassle

grizzily
12-11-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm going to get my pal on sunday and was wondering if it was
worth it to also go for the restricked as well?
how much hassle is it to say get a handgun

osterb
12-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Go for it, no sence going back twice and if you decide not to get any restricted guns for a while at least you'll have it.

Restricted guns are bull**** to get but fun to shoot. You can buy one and have the owner ship them to your house (should he have the proper att)
CANADA POST NOW SHIPS RESTRICTED GUNS!!!!!!
but for you to own it (or have someone ship it to you), you'd have to get a range membership or file for collector status (collector status can be a pain). You'd then have to file for an ATT (authorization to transport) should you want to go to your range with it.

hope this helps. It's bull**** but so are gunlaws
get your restricted, you mine as well.

Tucumseh
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Q. How do I upgrade my PAL so that I can acquire restricted as well as non-restricted firearms?

You will need to submit a new application (form CAFC 1039) and a new photo, as well as evidence that you have passed the tests for the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CFRSC). If you successfully completed the CFSC before February 1, 1999, when it included information on restricted firearms, you are deemed to have completed both courses.

If you took a firearm safety course but are not sure if it is the one you need, or if you need help in finding out where to take the tests or course and tests in your area, call 1 800 731-4000. You can generally take the tests without taking the course............................................ ..................

I would say both classes of firearms require separate applications to acquire your certificates. Therefore you must apply (2 applications) for both.

grizzily
12-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your reply guys i think i"ll go for the restricted that way i"ll have it if I ever decide to get a handgun!!!

pal
12-11-2004, 07:03 PM
f you plan on buying a gun in the next 3 months and you don't have a pal. your to late. This is a gov't program, so it takes 3x as long as they say it does.

firearmssafety
05-20-2005, 07:09 PM
i am an instructor and most of my students are getting their licences back within 40 days

osterb
05-27-2005, 08:29 PM
depends on your location. Miramichi is apparently decent