PDA

View Full Version : Went fishing today

MBL
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Went out to a stocked trout lake this morning. Set up caught a nice rainbow, had one break my line,lost another. There was a couple other guys fishing a little way from me. Then a truck pulling a trailer made from a truck box drives out between us. They had a little plywood shack on the trailer. They unload it start a tire in it cause it had a chimney with smoke coming out. Then they fire up the chainsaw and cut a large hole in the ice and push the shed on top. Fishing slowed down so I put some fresh powerbait on my dead stick rod. Fish on get him on the ice, go to pull the hook and his mouth is so full of minnows they are falling out all over the ice. Never seen anything like it before. Does that mean these guys where just dumping them in there to try to attract fish to their hole?

MBL
12-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Caught another one after that and it had three minnows in its throat as we'll.

MBL
12-27-2015, 03:39 PM
This was the best of the day

waterninja
12-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Looks to me like you caught a trout that was filling up on small stickle backs. Nothing to do with your neighbor setting up his winter hideaway. Congrats.

catnthehat
12-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Yeah, doubt if they were chumming- hope they put the ice back in that big hole when they were done!:thinking-006:
Cat

58thecat
12-28-2015, 05:42 AM
Whatever fell out of the fish would go into the frying pan, butter a little salt and your good to go! Fresh left overs:sHa_shakeshout:

TROLLER
12-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Do not know which lake you were at but am wondering if those are not Prussian Carp minnows

MBL
12-28-2015, 11:49 AM
I have never seen a minnow or caught one there before that had minnows in it they were only in its mouth and they were all dead. The guys wre only about 50 ft away from me. They moved their shack after an hour and all they did was push snow in the hole and I heard them say it will be frozen over by morning. With the sow in the hole it just looked like a big booby trap for some kid to fall in. I am certain they were chumming because I caught one before they showed up and there was no minnows in its mouth.

MBL
12-28-2015, 11:50 AM
I live up north so no Prussian carp here