PDA

View Full Version : Sang Lake

Artaxes
12-28-2015, 08:21 PM
I am new to the Edson area and am trying to find some close to home ice fishing. Does anyone know if there is public access to Sang lake? I drove around and didn't see anything. I looked at the satellite map and it doesn't look promising neither. Are there even any fish in there? Thanks.

3blade
12-29-2015, 12:42 AM
Iirc the access is through private property. There used to be small pike in there years ago, not sure about now, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

On the same road is jackfish lake. There is public access but I would not take my truck down that access road. Very steep and rutted, quad or sled only. In the summer you can tell who doesn't listen, there is always bumpers and various other parts in the ditch. Lol. Small pike, you could fish for a week and not get one over 63cm.

If I was you I'd head to chip and figure out the wintering holes. Be careful out there.

Artaxes
12-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks 3Blade. I will steer clear of Sang. I went to the Wolf Creek stocked pond yesterday, and had good luck with some small rainbows. Chip lake is a big lake and I'd like to wait until our winter conditions improve before I try my lines out there. I might head down to Minnow Lake. I've been hearing grumblings about town that it has been productive.