PDA

View Full Version : Ghost or Spray whitefish location and tips requested

WhitefishLady
12-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Hi there

Really interested in some winter whitefish fishing but we can't seem to find them! Anyone have any tips for locations on either spray or ghost? I've read a few past threads and it seems close to shore 10-20 ft of water is best however not sure where on these two lakes to try? We just left spray lakes and drilled many holes close to shore with depths from 10-20ft at the first parking lot (from Canmore) and nothing at all on the camera.

Thanks so much! PMs are welcome too. :)

Scott N
12-29-2015, 01:45 PM
At Spray Lakes, Driftwood and Sparrowhawk seem to be the most popular areas to fish. I've pretty new to fishing Spray and I've only fished for lakers, but I've talked to a few people at these locations who were catching whites.

goose
12-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Hello there, for Spray Lake tie a royal coachmen #6 size tipped with a maggot or two placed 1 foot above a jig head tipped with a piece of smelt. Bounce the jig head on the bottom as it will attract fish. The white fish really go for the fly and I also have caught some nice lakers on the fly too but mainly white fish. Go straight out from the driftwood boat launch to the middle of the lake 50-60 feet of water. Have fun!!!

Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

WhitefishLady
12-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the replys guys! At ghost now. A few whites on the camera in about 15 FOW near the boat launch.