PDA

View Full Version : Long shot

kinwahkly
12-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Was fishing on the NW side of Gull Lake today at Sandy point beach in about 5 ft of water. List my prescription eye glasses. Could not see them as there was a bit of grass on the bottom. Tried a magnetic but no luck. If by chance anybody this year finds a pair of glasses. Pm me. Thanks again.

Zip-in-Z
12-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi "K" .... I know exactly were you where anchored, we were parked a bit further east near that pressure ridge. If you have or know someone with a camera, it's not all that difficult to get them out, in the past I've drilled 2-3 holes to make one large hole and used a telescopic golf ball retriever with a small aquarium fish net wired to the far end to retrieve something I lost. With the assistance of the camera and some surgical skills it's an easy extraction. As well, you could try a 4" Williams Flutter spoon with the large treble & side hooks, it would probably work to snag them. I would volunteer to help, unfortunately, I'm in Vegas on my way to California for the winter.

Hope you get them out .... best of luck.

kinwahkly
12-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Thanks will try on Sunday.

Zip-in-Z
12-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Will be watching for an update ... good luck & good fishin.

kinwahkly
12-30-2015, 10:44 PM
Oh the fishing was so so. Landed one nice whitefish and a couple nice perch.

mikebossy
12-31-2015, 11:05 PM
don't wait make sure to go mark hole well so u have a chance

Zip-in-Z
01-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Kinwahkly ... after watching the cell phone recovery video, was wondering if you fished out your glasses ?

Kim473
01-25-2016, 09:25 AM
if you were in only 5 fow you could use a painters extention bar with a wire on the end to grab them.