PDA

View Full Version : Travers Tuesday

Hueston
12-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Went looking for White's on Tuesday at the resort turned left off the boat launch drove 100 yards along the shore got out drilled in 3 ft of water ice was 3" thick freaked me out

the local angler
12-30-2015, 08:18 PM
wow really, i have heard there were currents out there by the boat docks but yikes.

Hueston
12-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Walked out about 20ft drilled 4" ice 14 ft of water I couldn't believe it

anthony5
12-30-2015, 09:41 PM
That part of the lake is usually some of the last to freeze because of the wind factor. It was wide open on the 20th Dec with white caps and +3 degrees. Far East by the dam was 75% frozen which is usually the last to freeze but the ducks and geese thought it was great along with the 11 Bald Eagles. Be very careful on that area around the resort it is always sketchy with the freeze thaw weather that we have been having. The upcoming weather is not gonna help a bunch with plus temps for the next week😠 Should gain a couple of inches, just be careful and enjoy the warm temps while fishing.

Out Trouting
12-31-2015, 06:04 AM
It's usually best to drive the truck on then check for ice thickness:snapoutofit:

Newellknik
01-03-2016, 07:53 AM
I have seen a the water open in Feb out from the spillway and full
Of geese . I'm sure the ice is iffy all over travers , just hasn't been
Cold enough .

anthony5
01-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Been fishing this lake for over 30 years and have never known that piece of water to be open at that time of year. Geese in the area yes but not open water, maybe run off from a Chinook, but not open water. If earlier than the time frame I've stated then I stand corrected. I've seen the east end by the dam open but never by the spillway.