PDA

View Full Version : Cuba Shore Fishing

moosesqaw
12-31-2015, 08:40 AM
Good day to all. We are heading to Cuba for a vacation and just wondering if you can fish from shore without a licence. I know its ok in Mexico but have never taken my rod to Cuba. Thanks to all and the best in the New Year!

Sundancefisher
12-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Where are you going? There is not a lot of fish along the shoreline in most areas due to local subsistance fishing. There are also fishing business monopolies such as Avalon which tried to discourage fishing without their guides.

Where you are going is key.

moosesqaw
01-01-2016, 09:07 AM
We are going to Varadero.

Sundancefisher
01-01-2016, 09:27 AM
We are going to Varadero.

No flats there. You could try off the beach but right at sunrise until the swimmer tourists arrive.

Like always rocky points are better. You could ask the front desk to find a taxi to take you where the fishing is better. You could also see about fishing in a boat tour.

No licences are required as this is not a park like Zapata.

I would strongly suggest you go tarpon fishing with Alfredo. Not free but it is a blast. Cost in CUC IS about $350 fishing, $100 taxi, $40 guide tip and $10 taxi tip.

Alfredo fishing (http://www.iwanttofish.com/app/dkfish/ViewBusiness.php?id=3307)

Loads of fun.

moosesqaw
01-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Thank you very much sundancefisher. Will be packing the rod. Even when the fishing is slow, you sure meet lots of interesting people from around the world! Everybody wants to know how the fishing is.