PDA

View Full Version : Makeing a list for next fly swap.

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone,

Well the first swap went considerably well with a couple delays. The fly's were sent out today!!!! Please PM me when you receive them!

Now I am making a list of who is in the next swap as I will be posting it soon!
It will be strictly lake fly's. So any of your favorites to use in a lake. I will be tying one of my favorite pike fly's for lakes!

so PM me if you would like to be in the upcoming swap and ill make the list and when I get enough people I will post the list and send out all the rules etc. This time I will send my email and any questions and stuff like that send to my email as my PM box was flooded last time lol.

THE TIME LINE RULE WILL BE ENFORCED more this time. Last swap one person was late due to being injured but still managed to send his in. Then anthers I STILL have not received. There will be no extensions this time without a valid reason. I have some fun things planned for swaps after this one!

This swap will also be FLIES ONLY. No wire worms or jigs or anything of that sort.

Might as well post the list of who's interested now, when I get enough Ill send everyone the details.

.LOON. (Cased Caddis or pike fly, have not decided.) RECEIVED
Honda450 (52 Buick) RECEIVED
spudislander (black micro leaches) RECEIVED
Kingfisher (Sparkle leech)
AlbertaAngler (conehead mohair leech
guysmiley (Doc Sapratley) RECEIVED
Kevin C
tonyflyfish ( Mickey Finn) (red and yellow)
tbosch Pike Fly RECEIVED
BigBull
Mudslide

Reeves1
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
No wire worms or jigs or anything of that sort.

Just the sissy fly rod type stuff, eh ! :evilgrin:

If I get in the mood I'll take pictures and post my weird inventions from 91-92.

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Just the sissy fly rod type stuff, eh !

lol, Your mad because your rod just doesn't wiggle like it used to.

Reeves1
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Fly rodders are limp wristed :evilgrin:

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Fly rodders are limp wristed :evilgrin:

that's what you think, at least are wrist moves:D

Albertabowhunter
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
did mine show?

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
did mine show?

no

Albertabowhunter
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
K, just send them back.... I thought you would have at least given them a few days to reach you 3 days isnt a long time for snail mail..... but thats fine...

I promise I wont ask to enter anymore of your swaps.

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
K, just send them back.... I thought you would have at least given them a few days to reach you 3 days isnt a long time for snail mail..... but thats fine...

I promise I wont ask to enter anymore of your swaps.

:rolleyes: Given a few days??...ahh its not even worth it now:rolleyes:...TOPIC DONE:cool:

Albertabowhunter
02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, when I told you friday I'd tie another set and send them out, maybe you should have told me not to bother.... but again, that fine...

honda450
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Count me in for this swap too Loon.:wave:

spudislander
02-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Loon I am in. Now I have to hit the books and figure out what to tie.

Big.Bear
02-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Loon I am in. Now I have to hit the books and figure out what to tie.

lol sounds good buddy!!!! Glad your in

Kingfisher
02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Of course you know I'm in. The dining room table is a mess with my tying stuff now as it is. So why not continue the mess?

Not sure what I'll tie.

I'll probably tie up some sparkle leeches. Not sure what color though Red, green, or black?

AlbertaAngler
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
I would also like to give this another go. I've got a couple patterns in mind already

guysmiley
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Count me in. Send me the details.

Garrick.

Big.Bear
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
awesome guys....Ill send the details when we get a few more in the swap.

Kevin C.
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey Loon Ill throw some of my flies in on this one. Not sure what to tie yet, we should get together soon for a tying session.

Big.Bear
02-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey Loon Ill throw some of my flies in on this one. Not sure what to tie yet, we should get together soon for a tying session.

sounds good buddy

Alliman
02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
What again does a person have to do ?Thanks in advance

Big.Bear
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
What again does a person have to do ?Thanks in advance

Well if 12 people join, then each person ties 12 flys, send them to me, I package them up so each person gets 12 different flys back.

spudislander
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Ok, my pattern is picked. I'm tying black micro leeches. No one else tie them or we'll look like two chicks who wore the same dress to the prom.

Big.Bear
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Ok, my pattern is picked. I'm tying black micro leeches. No one else tie them or we'll look like two chicks who wore the same dress to the prom.

LMAO, thats pretty true. On this I will put the fly the person is tying beside there name so everyone knows and doesnt tie the same thing.

Big.Bear
02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Looking good so far, lets try and get at least 4 more to make it 12 people.:):)

tbosch
02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Looking good so far, lets try and get at least 4 more to make it 12 people.:):)

Well I'm not four people but I'll count myself as one. I'm in. I have some home brew pike flies that I'll fab up. Open water pike fishing isnt far away now.

Big Bull
02-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Got my flies yesterday from the first swap, some of them look like they are going to work on Maligne! So who tied that tiny chironamid, I almost missed?Thanks Loon!
PS You can add me to this coming swap as well.

Big.Bear
02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Got my flies yesterday from the first swap, some of them look like they are going to work on Maligne! So who tied that tiny chironamid, I almost missed?Thanks Loon!
PS You can add me to this coming swap as well.

I believe that would be kingfisher lol.

tbosch
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I received my flies today too. Thanks again Loon and thanks everyone else involved in the swap. Those are some nice looking flies. I cant wait for open water to put them to use.

Big.Bear
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
awesome, im surprised how fast people are getting them! Lets try and get at least 2 more people to join this swap!!!! then I can send out all the details and info:D:cool:

tbosch
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
By the way what size are those chironimids kingfisher? I didnt know they made hooks that small. I'd guess 26 , 28?

Big.Bear
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
By the way what size are those chironimids kingfisher? I didnt know they made hooks that small. I'd guess 26 , 28?

lol, I actually love fishing flys that small. Its fun! Also when you tie them they normally go by quick as there so small and easy to tie.

Big Bull
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll be needing a microscope to tie on my tippet.

Mudslide
02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I didn't see my name on the list. Count me in.

Big.Bear
02-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I didn't see my name on the list. Count me in.

lol I new youd want in!! PM me what your tying!!!:)

We need at least 1 more person!!!!

Kingfisher
02-14-2009, 01:08 AM

I thought you guys would get a kick out of that little fly. I believe I tied that one on a size 24 hook.

Glad you liked the flies guys. I can't wait to get mine.

Big Bull
02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I thought you guys would get a kick out of that little fly. I believe I tied that one on a size 24 hook.

Glad you liked the flies guys. I can't wait to get mine.
Your a sick man!:evilgrin:

Kingfisher
02-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Hey I didn't just tie that one small chronomid though guys. I tied 3 other sets for the swap as well. I hope you guys know I wasn't just chucking in a wee little Chroni for you guys and that was it. The other 3 were a Ridgeback fly (the red/black leech pattern), There was also the caddis pupa and another small yellow bead head chroni sort of fly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh by the way Loon. My flies are done for this swap too. You can put mine down as a green sparkle leech.

I guess I can't be quite done yet as you haven't released the final details. So I'll just keep on tying. I'll tie up as many sets as I can until the deadline is here. That way everyone will get some extra in this swap too.

Maybe the next set will be damsels.

Rob

Big.Bear
02-15-2009, 02:16 AM
lol yeah I didn't bother taking a picture of the 2 smallest because I have a hard enough time taking pictures of normal sized flys lol.

honda450
02-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Well got my flys today from the first swap. at first I thought one fly came apart as there were pieces of something. On further investigation I saw that in fact they were hooks, will have to get my son to put those on my line and hope he don't snezze. All nice looking flys everyone and Thank you. I like this fly swap thing.:wave:

Big.Bear
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
k guys theirs got to be at least one more person who wants to join the swap...If not im sending out the final details to everyone tonight!

tbosch
02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
You have me on the list right loon? I learned my lesson with the postage and will be on time or early this time. Those are some beautiful flies from the last swap and i'm excited to see what everyone has in their arsenal for lake flies.

Big.Bear
02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
You have me on the list right loon? I learned my lesson with the postage and will be on time or early this time. Those are some beautiful flies from the last swap and i'm excited to see what everyone has in their arsenal for lake flies.

sure do buddy and no worries, your were not that late at all....

Kingfisher
02-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Well I finished my second set of flies for this swap. I figured even if we don't get 12 people involved we should at least get a dozen flies.

My second set is a purple micro leech. This fly was dynomite at Dragon Lake in Quesnel.

Rob

Big.Bear
02-17-2009, 12:54 AM
My second set is a purple micro leech. This fly was dynomite at Dragon Lake in Quesnel.

hahaha that was one of my favorite patterns for that lake to. I always made sure to have at least 10 in my box just for Dragon Lake. Was a very good pattern. Second was a chironomid for when the hatches started.

Kingfisher
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Finally got my flies from the first swap. Thanks a bunch guys. There are some fantastic flies there.

Rob

Big.Bear
02-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I sent everyone in the new swap the details tonight.....so check your pms and everyone has plenty of time to make them. I know most of you are already finished lol. The faster I get everyone's patterns means the faster everyone gets there 12 different ones back!

jts1
02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I love to fly fish this will be my third year. I always buy my flies , I would love to start making my own. Could anyone point me in the right direction to get started ?

Big.Bear
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
pm me

honda450
02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
My flys sent today. 52 Buick :wave: Dang those were nice cars.:wave:

Big.Bear
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
My flys sent today. 52 Buick :wave: Dang those were nice cars.:wave:

lol, that's a really good pattern to.

Hmm those cars must have just been around in your day:evilgrin:

Kingfisher
02-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I love to fly fish this will be my third year. I always buy my flies , I would love to start making my own. Could anyone point me in the right direction to get started ?

Great question JTS. First I'd take a visit to your local fly fishing store. They may have classes that you can attend. Also contact your local Hook and Hackle Club. I happen to belong to the Calgary Hook and Hackle Club. They meet every second and fourth Wednesdays of each month.

Here are links to each of their websites.
In Edmonton there is the Northern Lights Fly Tyers.
Northern Lights Fly Tyers (http://http://forum.nlft.org/index.php?act=idx)
Calgary Hook and Hackle Club (http://hookandhackleclub.org/)

Here is also a good website http://http://copperfly.net/index.php you can go to this site and look at some of the step by step tutorials.

Good luck and happy tying.

Welcome to the addiction.

tbosch
02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Well I will be sending my flies out today. I made sure they were done early this time...I cant wait to see what this session has in store. It wont be long before we can test these out on the open water boys!!!! yee haw. I cant wait.

spudislander
02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
My Black Micro Leeches are in the mail. I think this is the last swap for me.

AlbertaAngler
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Sent mine out last night, should be there by the weekend

guysmiley
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Mine are in the middle.

Garrick.

Big.Bear
02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
awesome guys!

Big.Bear
02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
starting to get the fly's in, good job everyone there looking real nice!

I will keep the list updated in the first thread of who's fly's I have received.

tonyflyfish
03-01-2009, 08:03 PM
should I be concerned that my amatuer ways will not meet your standards? Hopefully you will laugh and not get mad!
T

Big.Bear
03-01-2009, 08:24 PM
should I be concerned that my amatuer ways will not meet your standards? Hopefully you will laugh and not get mad!
T

lol, no not at all. I wouldn't get mad lol just happy you joined man!

tonyflyfish
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
10 subtract 3? lol

tbosch
03-02-2009, 08:00 AM
T

Dont worry Tony. You're not alone.... Wait until you see my fly

Big.Bear
03-02-2009, 10:24 AM
you guys all tie great flys!! so dont worry about it being bad or not....

honda450
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I tie a great fly.:lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:evilgrin:

AlbertaAngler
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
T

I too had the same concerns as I just started tying this winter. This swap was a great way to improve my skills. The first one took me a while but as I worked on the other ones I found I was getting faster and flies were getting better. So to whoever gets my first fly (hopefully me) I apologize.

Big.Bear
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
DONT WORRY LOL, if you guys are worried I could send you a firecracker tied to a hook, then you can be worried.

tbosch
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
My only worry about my flies is that I woke up on a saturday morning and found an envelope on my counter already addressed and stamped to be sent away. I dont remember tying the flies....Note to self...Move beer fridge out of fly tying area...:wave:

tonyflyfish
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
must of tied one on

AlbertaAngler
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
must of tied one on

lol. Good one

Big.Bear
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
ll the flys I have been getting look awesome guys!!

If you have not sent your flys out already please do so by the March 5th,

If you had some delay for some reason PLEASE PM ME!

Kingfisher
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Mine are on their way today.

Rob

Big.Bear
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Mine are on their way today.

Rob

everyone thank kingfisher as he tied an extra 12 flys for the swap.

honda450
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks Kingfisher and Loon some great guys on this fly swap.:wave:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow this swap sounds like its gone way smoother , then the other , Keep up the fine work folks .

Big.Bear
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Well the very first swap was the first swap this site has done as far as I know, A little more strict with the time limit this time and its working out just fine!.

Next swap is the competition for the fly reels guys.

There will be 2 divisions

1. Experienced
2.bought/beginners

so there will be 2 brand new reels up for grabs. ( I will tie but can not be included as I am hosting it lol)

hope we get allot of people in.

honda450
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Super fly swap 3. I will win all. hehehehe.:lol::lol::wave::evilgrin: I will throw in a prize for second place.:wave:

Big.Bear
03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Super fly swap 3. I will win all. hehehehe.:lol::lol::wave::evilgrin: I will throw in a prize for second place.:wave:

lol thought it'd get a few more interested. Who wouldn't want to win a new fly reel lol. When that swap gets going I will post pictures of the prizes.

and thanks honda that's awesome!

honda450
03-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow this swap sounds like its gone way smoother , then the other , Keep up the fine work folks .

Super fly swap 1 went fine BBJ just one guy was late so it prelonged things. Otherwise it was great. Like getting these Alberta home tied flys.:wave: Gotta give credit to Loon for putting his effort into all this.:wave:

Kevin C.
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey guys thought I would chime in here and let ya know that my flies are very close to completion and you all will be catching very large pike this year with them lol!

honda450
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
For Super Fly Swap 3 I will be donating a Springbrook pocket fly box. This will be for second place.:wave: Hope we have lots of guys.:wave: I excude myself from second place.

Mudslide
03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
My flies went out today by scudmarine. :)

Kingfisher
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey Looner, any idea what your thinking about for a theme for the next swap?

Rob

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Looner, any idea what your thinking about for a theme for the next swap?

Rob

still thinking about the theme..any ideas pm me

AlbertaAngler
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
lol thought it'd get a few more interested. Who wouldn't want to win a new fly reel lol. When that swap gets going I will post pictures of the prizes.

and thanks honda that's awesome!

I'm interested in the next swap. How could I resist, I get some great flies and more experience in fly tying.

Thanks again for organizing Loon, I've been really enjoying this.

Big Bull
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
12 Super Floss Bloodworms are headed your way!

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
LOon,

Why havent you responded to my PM's? I guess I'll ask you on here. I'm wondering if you have sent the flies back yet? A few weeks ago you said received them, and said you were 'going' to mail them back, but I havent seen them yet, or heard back from you in my 2 previous PMs. Just wondering if you have sent them or are going to send them. If not, what ever, just curious to whats going on.

Thanks

honda450
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
LOon,

Why havent you responded to my PM's? I guess I'll ask you on here. I'm wondering if you have sent the flies back yet? A few weeks ago you said received them, and said you were 'going' to mail them back, but I havent seen them yet, or heard back from you in my 2 previous PMs. Just wondering if you have sent them or are going to send them. If not, what ever, just curious to whats going on.

Thanks

Why not just donate them to the swap? Heck man its just a few flys.:wave: What goes around comes around eh

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
LOon,

Thanks

I will get to that , since they were not on time im not going to rush to have them sent out asap. Im looking after the current swap going on and planning out the next one.

03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Super fly swap 1 went fine BBJ just one guy was late so it prelonged things. Otherwise it was great. Like getting these Alberta home tied flys.:wave: Gotta give credit to Loon for putting his effort into all this.:wave:

Yeah , ah well crap happens . I wish I was a more experinced fly tyer , as I dont have much experince in tying flys , unlike jigs . We should try doing jigs , bucktails or something , that would be sweet .But that could be for another gig . Keep up the fine work folks .

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 06:22 PM
We should try doing jigs , bucktails or something , that would be sweet .But that could be for another gig . Keep up the fine work folks .

Yeah that would be a gear fishers swap. Plus once you get to jigs it gets more expensive to send them. Fly fishers don't really use jigs unless they also gear fish.

honda450
03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Yup agree BBJ and the same guy that caused crap on the first swap is causing crap now. Ya hear of any other complaints from the other fellows? Nope. Man these flys I am getting from other members on this forum are awesome. Its a fun thing to do only one person is dampening what all us others enjoy.:wave:

03-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Yup agree BBJ and the same guy that caused crap on the first swap is causing crap now. Ya hear of any other complaints from the other fellows? Nope. Man these flys I am getting from other members on this forum are awesome. Its a fun thing to do only one person is dampening what all us others enjoy.:wave:

Ill be honest with ya , for someone who builds tackle for a living , I cant tie a fly to save my life . I was the jerkoff who made the wire worms .:lol::lol::lol: But I didnt know . Thats why i didnt apply to this one otherwise I would have built something .I just wasnt gonna build shady hooks as thats not the way I go about doing business . Ah well I guess ill learn .

03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah that would be a gear fishers swap. Plus once you get to jigs it gets more expensive to send them. Fly fishers don't really use jigs unless they also gear fish.

Yeah its not cheep , but if you were to stick to 1 oz jigs and under youd be in good shape . I know I can send a package to someone priority post , for 6 dollars for ever 100 dollar order .So get guys to chip in and put a 5 dollar bill in or something .

honda450
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Man don't know where your coming from BBJ. Nothing relative to what I said. Ya leave me confused.:wave:

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah its not cheep , but if you were to stick to 1 oz jigs and under youd be in good shape . I know I can send a package to someone priority post , for 6 dollars for ever 100 dollar order .So get guys to chip in and put a 5 dollar bill in or something .

Im just going to stick to flys as its a fly swap and I don't want to do jigs. So if ya want to talk jigs and "building" them make another thread.

anyways...........

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
so the 2 prize reels for the next swap are

a fenwick blackhawk 5/6 large arbor

and a conquest 5/6 large arbor

both brand new.

honda450
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Tell ya what Albertabowhunter PM me your address and I will send ya out $10. And BBJ stay away because all ya want to do is create trouble.:wave:

03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Im just going to stick to flys as its a fly swap and I don't want to do jigs.

anyways...........

Naw man thats cool. Maybe in the future you can give me a few tips on things to make a swap work and see if I can get a few guys to build jigs and lures .Im not knocking what your doing , doing a hell of a job man . Keep up the good work .

03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Man don't know where your coming from BBJ. Nothing relative to what I said. Ya leave me confused.:wave:

I was refering to me , as the fella in the past swap , as I joined and made wire worms . I was refering to myself as a jack off , no one else LOL

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

anyways back to talking about flys and the swap

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Tell ya what Albertabowhunter PM me your address and I will send ya out $10. And BBJ stay away because all ya want to do is create trouble.:wave:

Im not worried about the flies, I can knock another dozen off if I I need to in no time. Just wanted to know why he wasnt responding to my question. All I wanted to know is if they were sent, plain and simple. Keep your money.

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I will get to that , since they were not on time im not going to rush to have them sent out asap. Im looking after the current swap going on and planning out the next one.

And a simple yes or no would have taken up to much time? :confused:

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Why not just donate them to the swap? Heck man its just a few flys.:wave: What goes around comes around eh

I dont care either way if he keeps them or sends them back, I just wanted to know what was going on.

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Honda450, I tried to send you this in a PM, but it says your mailbox is full.

I'm just wonder if this statement is refering to me? If so, How am I causeing crap? In the first swap, my first flies went missing after being mailed. So, I tied another batch to honor my spot in the swap. I cant help if they took a week to get to Loons' place. Now All I'm trying to do was find out if he had returned the flies or what his plans were for them. After a few inquiries, there was no response. I think I'm entitled to know what was going on. NO, please dont think I'm trying to cause crap. A simple reply from Loon would have been all that was needed. Instead he refused to respond therefor I had to ask him on the thread. At least he answered this time.

Again, if you feel I'm causing a problem, my apologies.

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Honda450, I tried to send you this in a PM, but it says your mailbox is full.

I'm just wonder if this statement is refering to me? If so, How am I causeing crap? In the first swap, my first flies went missing after being mailed. So, I tied another batch to honor my spot in the swap. I cant help if they took a week to get to Loons' place. Now All I'm trying to do was find out if he had returned the flies or what his plans were for them. After a few inquiries, there was no response. I think I'm entitled to know what was going on. NO, please dont think I'm trying to cause crap. A simple reply from Loon would have been all that was needed. Instead he refused to respond therefor I had to ask him on the thread. At least he answered this time.

Again, if you feel I'm causing a problem, my apologies.

man....this is a swap thread..post somewhere else...:mad3:

honda450
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Well make up your mind and quit whining. Ya want $10 from me no problem. Just quit whining. :wave: And BBJ is on here just to create trouble.:wave: Grow up BBJ. And really don't care what ya do for a living. :wave:

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Well make up your mind and quit whining. Ya want $10 from me no problem. Just quit whining. :wave: And BBJ is on here just to create trouble.:wave: Grow up BBJ. And really don't care what ya do for a living. :wave:

x2

tonyflyfish
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
were so realistic that they flew to Hinton to see Loon! I wish! But I know they work good.
Give them a chance.

Opps! I sent ten not eleven-Loon send them out to the others if you want and I get you one for yourself this weekend yet. I am out of town but will be back Fri PM.
T

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
were so realistic that they flew to Hinton to see Loon! I wish! But I know they work good.
Give them a chance.

Opps! I sent ten not eleven-Loon send them out to the others if you want and I get you one for yourself this weekend yet. I am out of town but will be back Fri PM.
T

not a problem

Albertabowhunter
03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
x2

Your 2 are amazing, I just wanted to find out what was going on, whatever, I'm done with this...

I hope I'm wrong, but with the way he has delt with all of this, I'm starting to think Loon just kept the first 12 for himself anyway, and has decided to do so with the following set. No worries, enjoy them. If this is the case, and I hope I'm wrong, it just goes to show what kind of person you are. Dont worry about sending them back.

As for Honda450, dont insult me with your $10. When I charge, I get paid alot more than that for my ties, this has never been about money. I'll be quite fine without your money, thank you though. This was more about honor. Maybe next time, just avoid commenting where it's not your concern. Maybe I should have just forgotten about it earlier, my mistake, but thats what I plan on doing from here. Question is, can you let it rest?

This is my last post on the subject. Unless either of you need or want to continue this further. If either of you have something to say, be a man and send it directly to me. If it was delt with properly from the start, then we wouldnt be in this predicament.

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
and your still sooo coool:wave:

Kevin C.
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
wtf:confused: :huh: Thats a thread hijacking if I ever seen one. Loon is a stand up guy IMO, I have had the pleasure of fishing with him on a couple ocasions now and had a few bull****ting sessions over the vice. I am sure that the response you got from him was spurred from your multiple posts about nothing and then basically calling him a theif. Sorry about your flies man but you know what they say **** happens!:cool:

tbosch
03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
I think anyone that doesnt have anything positive to say should **** off. This is a thread about a fly swap. A group of guys getting together to tie their favorite flies and exchanging them with other fisherman so that they can enjoy them. Seriously I dont know how these clowns get on here and ****** with everyones threads all the time. Loon again I appreciate what you are doing here with the swap. Awesome job man. We gotta toss a fly at some big bulls up in the athabasca some time.