PDA

View Full Version : Course help

Jamie
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Can you still take your safety course in your own home by hiring a instructor? Any contact info would be appreciated. AHEIA says you have to take it at there place. is there such a thing as a free lance instructor? My friends live in south Calgary, and the shooters edge seems to be way over priced.

xsniper
02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
What are they charging?

Tucumseh
02-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Are you referring to the firearm safety course?? You can buy the book "Canadian Firearm Safety Course" to study from, then challenge it. Chances are they will also lend you the video (not sure about buying it)
You can pick one up @ 911 Sylvester Cr., S.W. Calgary
Ph: 252-8478

osterb
02-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Phone around and get instructers names

Ask around, somebody's got a book to give you for free. You can challenge the exam (I would have). It's an easy course if you know your guns. If you're not too fond of guns then I suggest taking the actual course. Just remember your ACTS and PROVE everytime you go to touch a gun in the practical.

The written is easy in my opinion if you know much about guns bullets and common sence.

take care

xsniper
02-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Go to the AHEIA website, there you will find a list of all the instructors in the province and their phone numbers, and where they are located.

Tucumseh
02-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I happened to be surfing the web and stumbled across this video. Its the same one I borrowed when I challenged the course. Most questions on the test is in this video. I would also suggest you read your handbook.

www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/compli...ideo_e.asp (http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/compliance/safety-surete/safety_course_video_e.asp)