PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Reservoir - This Weekend

WalleyeDeitz
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey all, I am heading out to Crawling Valley Reservoir for an ice fish this weekend. So far this year I have only fished the north and central portions of the lake. Has anyone driven onto the lake at the camp ground boat launch lately? If so do you think the ice is safe to head north east across the lake to the islands for a fish?

Hoep everyone can get out this weekend and bring as many first time fishers as possible. This weekend is free fishing.

CountryRoadz
02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
We were on last weekend and the ice was a good 14" -16". We will be out again this weekend entering through the campground. Iam new to ice fishing but noticed alot of cracks and shifting but people say its normal

kinwahkly
02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
was there last weekend also, lots of ice but stay away from west side shore as a truck went thru the ice due to an gas pocket.

Freedom55
02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
The area around the islands on the opposite side from the campgrounds is very shallow and not worth trying. Too easy to drill the mud.

WalleyeDeitz
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
the east side of the islands maybe. I spend a good portion of the summer season jigging the west side of these islands (big drop offs) and if you know where the good spots are, the walleye and pike fishing can be great. Just wondering if I can drive right across the lake to get there at this time of year. As this weekend is free fishing I am trying to get as many of my friends out as possible that dont often fish and I usually fish the north end of the lake on the bend.

kinwahkly
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I was there last weekend and there were a few guys driving around the lake I have only fished the lake last week for the first time and I fished about 200 yards out from boat launch and 5 or 6 hits in the afternoon with 2 fish landed will be out this wekend was going to brokks for the derby but i am going to stay at crawling valley for a couple of days

pencapchew
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
We were on last weekend and the ice was a good 14" -16". We will be out again this weekend entering through the campground. Iam new to ice fishing but noticed alot of cracks and shifting but people say its normal

THere's only 16inches of ice left? 2 weeks ago there was 26-28 inches.

Duster
02-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I Drive across the lake every couple of days, my shack is on the east side islands, was there tonight ice is a solid 24 inches, who ever says the ice is 14 to 16 inches better go back to school and learn simple math, this warm weather has not effected the ice at all. ice is safe, i dont think ther would be 25 foot trailers on there if it wasnt safe. good luck! fish ing has been okay!

CountryRoadz
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Duster's a little grumpy although I do stand corrected. With out a Math Tutor I measured the ice myself yesterday and it was 24" thick.

Lesson Learned: Do not post on here using someone elses info - lol.

Word of advice, If you decide to venture off the trails watch out for snow drifts.

Good Luck to all

kinwahkly
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Duster's a little grumpy although I do stand corrected. With out a Math Tutor I measured the ice myself yesterday and it was 24" thick.

Lesson Learned: Do not post on here using someone elses info - lol.

Word of advice, If you decide to venture off the trails watch out for snow drifts.

Good Luck to all

was out both days, a good 23 to 24 inches, need a 4x4 due to some drifts on the lake