PDA

View Full Version : Badger report

jts1
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Going down to Badger on Sat. Anyone know how the ice is Can I drive to north islands??

butcherboy
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Jts, i am not sure what you are driving, but i have fished Badger twice this year and the ice is between 14-20 inches of ice. The last time i fished it was about 3 weeks ago, so the ice should be safe. I usually come onto the lake along the north side and i sometimes have to punch through some snow drifts before getting onto the lake. Good luck and let us know how you make out as there is some really good pike in there.

jts1
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Thnx was there 2 weeks ago on the south side. ice was good then Just thought with the warm weather I should ask around. I will post results

Freedom55
02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Went to Badger yesterday. I drove N.E. from the boat launch 100m and stopped on the gravel bar. Walking out 100m from there I found blue/clear ice and punched a hole. 24" of ice before I ran the auger into the bottom. First time that I did not bring parts or my trusty hand auger. Time to go. Driving on should not be a problem and the drifts are frozen solid. North side has limited parking and a bit of a ski jump onto the ice. Have Fun!