PDA

View Full Version : Scam warning usedfirearms.ca

bat119
01-18-2016, 03:52 PM
This site is infested with scammers so bad you can't even contact the admins to report a breech.
I responded to an ad on Nov.29 after several back and forth emails he gave his PAL# and I gave him mine no pictures just the number so he could check to see if mine was legit. I started to wonder why a seller would give his number? I backed out of the deal and good thing I did the whole site seems to have been taken over by scammers.
I reported the incident and my RPAL # was suspended they will send me a renewal by mail. they also asked for some copies of the correspondence I had with Jerry, after a little digging I found the scam ad was still up! I logged back on the site to report it to moderators this was the automated response:

We are completing the final stages of testing on the new site design. The new design will resolve many of the issues currently experienced with the site including stopping the scammer bypassing moderation.

Please note, due to the demands of this process support will be minimal during the transition.

We care about all your requests and concerns and will do our best to address them as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will be back to regular support shortly.

This message is an auto response. All emails will be read and responded to as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
UsedFirearms.ca
Now reaching 1.5 million per month!

In the mean time until they fix the site more people are being scammed there are 33 complaints of fraud most about a guy named Jerry using at least six different PAL numbers.

Twisted Canuck
01-18-2016, 04:49 PM
That site, and Firearms Canada, are notorious for scammers. Simple 'DO NOT' regarding anything on their forums.