PDA

View Full Version : Another Good One Gone RIP Glen Fry

IR_mike
01-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Glenn Frey, Eagles Guitarist, Dies at 67
3/10
Alex Stedman

35 mins ago

Glenn Frey, a founding member and guitarist for Eagles, died Monday. He was 67.

“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016,” the band said in a statement. Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia. The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery. Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.”

Frey wrote and provided vocals for many of the Eagles’ hits, including “Heartache Tonight,” “Lyin’ Eyes,” “Tequila Sunrise” and “Take It Easy.”

The musician, with Don Henley, also co-wrote “Hotel California” and “Desperado.”

north american hunter
01-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Very sad.

JimPS
01-18-2016, 04:11 PM
That's too bad.

I always liked the early Eagles when Bernie Leadon was in the band - not so much the 80's on rock star cocaine cowboy incarnations.

Frey had stomach problems for a long time - the result of the band’s raucous lifestyle early on

molly
01-18-2016, 04:13 PM
God, did I love the Eagles. What a great band! :)
This is truly sad news. Take it easy, Glenn.

Bigwoodsman
01-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Enjoyed his music. RIP

BW

Sooner
01-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Their greatest hits double cd is one of many bands on my Mp3 and its what i will listen to some nights as I relax and drift off to sleep. Wish i would have seen the band live but their shows were always so outrageously priced. Rip, thanks for the tunes.

J0HN_R1
01-18-2016, 04:57 PM
The first 2 summers after getting my drivers license, just about all we ever listened to was The Steve Miller Band and The Eagles...

R.I.P. Glen Frey - you were a true pioneer of Rock & Roll.

* admittedly, I was only 1 month old when this picture was taken.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/johnr1/image.jpg1_zpsn3u71isx.jpg

:sad0125:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/johnr1/image.jpg2_zpsyhxgqq3n.jpg

35 whelen
01-18-2016, 05:03 PM
RIP GLEN ,loved the Eagles

creeky
01-18-2016, 05:05 PM
had a pretty good solo career too-RIP

JimPS
01-18-2016, 05:13 PM
The first 2 summers after getting my drivers license, just about all we ever listened to was The Steve Miller Band and The Eagles...

R.I.P. Glen Frey - you were a true pioneer of Rock & Roll.

* admittedly, I was only 1 month old when this picture was taken.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/johnr1/image.jpg1_zpsn3u71isx.jpg

:sad0125:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/johnr1/image.jpg2_zpsyhxgqq3n.jpg

I guess he would have been a cosmic cowboy up and coming LA Country Rock legend when that first pic was taken. Early Eagles, late Byrds - Burrito's?

RIP - Sir.

Ha Ha - I just noticed Glens wiener in the picture too. You bad boy.

J0HN_R1
01-18-2016, 05:27 PM
I guess he would have been a cosmic cowboy up and coming LA Country Rock legend when that first pic was taken. Early Eagles, late Byrds - Burrito's?

RIP - Sir.

Maybe you can't see it clearly, caption says;

Fly like an Eagle: Frey (right) and Henley (snoozing) on the bands private jet, Sept 1974

They had already released "On The Border"...

JimPS
01-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Maybe you can't see it clearly, caption says;

They had already released "On The Border"...

On the Border was a good album - kind of the end of the country bluegrass influence era. Coke changed the music made them do funny things.

Thanks for sharing that pic.

JohninAB
01-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Love their music. RIP Glenn Frey.

Okotokian
01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Ha Ha - I just noticed Glens wiener in the picture too. You bad boy.

Calm down big guy. ;) That's a bicycle seat the woman is sitting on in the cover picture.

Joking apart, I'm a big fan of the early Eagles. They sort of lost me at Hotel California.

spyguy 0-0-7
01-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Another loss of a great singer and entertainer. Always flying high with the Eagles. RIP.:sad0125:

JimPS
01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Calm down big guy. ;) That's a bicycle seat the woman is sitting on in the cover picture.

Joking apart, I'm a big fan of the early Eagles. They sort of lost me at Hotel California.

Joking aside - you probably know more than I do about the picture..

Your dad probably had a copy of that issue of Playboy and and I bet you were intimately involved with it.

Early Eagles for me too - they were done by the "One of these Nights" album.

RIP Glen.

Okotokian
01-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Joking aside - you probably know more than I do about the picture..

Your dad probably had a copy of that issue of Playboy and and I bet you were intimately involved with it.

Touche! :happy0034:

Yeah, I've always liked girls. But I get that that's not for everyone. Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Please feel free to go back to your original fantasy of what that was. ;)

slingshot
01-18-2016, 06:57 PM
So sad

sewerrat
01-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Another lost Talent R.I.P Glenn

HeavyD111
01-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Wow this sure surprised me. Was a great musician in both countryish and hard rock genres, although unlike most posters I much prefer their material with Joe Walsh.