PDA

View Full Version : SGGC court date

Mobil
01-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Edmonton Law Courts is on*Thursday, January 21st, at 9:30 AM and the Club needs you there!!
SGGC needs lots of representatives in court to show support, the dozen people that got club shut down will certainly be there let's show them we care and support the club.
You don't need to be a member, just someone that cares about our rights as gun owners.
Check out sggc website for more information.

Thanks in advance

powerbob
01-18-2016, 11:13 PM
maybe a bit more info might help your cause ?

what is sggc ?

link to their website ?

the more info and links you put the better chance people may have of finding this and helping

mudbug
01-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Spruce grove gun club
Located by spruce grove
Range was there long before any other development and now acreage owners etc had the range closed due to noise issues etc
Range has passed all the safety concerns etc but still got shut down
The range is appealing the closure in the hopes of reopening
Now the ranges appeal to have the range reopened is this week and they're looking for members as well as non members who want the range reopened to show up at court to show their support for the range
I'm not a member of this range so I'm just posting what I've heard, I think everyone who supports our shooting sports so attend this court date I'm going to try and attend :)

Spruce Grove Gun Club
www.sggc.ca

powerbob
01-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Spruce grove gun club
Located you spruce grove
Range was there long before any other development and now acreage owners etc had the range closed due to noise issues etc
Now the ranges appeal to have the range reopened is this week and they're looking for members as well as non members who want the range reopened to show up at court to show their support for the range

thanks for the info !

here is a link to their website :
http://www.sggc.ca/members.html

mudbug
01-18-2016, 11:23 PM
thanks for the info !

here is a link to their website :
http://www.sggc.ca/members.html

Your welcome :)

purgatory.sv
01-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Edmonton Law Courts is on*Thursday, January 21st, at 9:30 AM and the Club needs you there!!
SGGC needs lots of representatives in court to show support, the dozen people that got club shut down will certainly be there let's show them we care and support the club.
You don't need to be a member, just someone that cares about our rights as gun owners.
Check out sggc website for more information.

Thanks in advance

Spruce grove gun club
Located by spruce grove
I'm not a member of this range so I'm just posting what I've heard, I think everyone who supports our shooting sports so attend this court date I'm going to try and attend :)

Spruce Grove Gun Club
www.sggc.ca

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=277603

Another thread.

260 Rem
01-18-2016, 11:36 PM
What is the court being asked to decide?

mudbug
01-19-2016, 06:20 PM
What is the court being asked to decide?

To reverse the decision by a lower court to have the range closed I believe so that the range can reopen

260 Rem
01-19-2016, 06:27 PM
I was under the impression the DAB decision was binding and there was no avenue for appeal. And that the issue was "contestable" only on jurisdictional and or procedural errors? Anybody know what the actual court documents say?

mudbug
01-19-2016, 06:32 PM
I was under the impression the DAB decision was binding and there was no avenue for appeal. And that the issue was "contestable" only on jurisdictional and or procedural errors? Anybody know what the actual court documents say?

That I don't know so I can't help you there, go to there website link that I posted it might say in there :thinking-006:
I'm not involved with this club so I don't have all the details. I just believe in supporting ranges etc to keep our shooting sports going :)

260 Rem
01-19-2016, 06:41 PM
That I don't know so I can't help you there, go to there website link that I posted it might say in there :thinking-006:
I'm not involved with this club so I don't have all the details. I just believe in supporting ranges etc to keep our shooting sports going :)

No doubt the closure was bad for shooting sports, so many shooters now looking for alternative spots. I hope the decision goes in their favor.