PDA

View Full Version : Few questions for Hal

Crankbait
01-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Hal;

What would the lowest cost production be?

What would be a reasonable cut in wages (top to bottom) to meet affordable production costs?

In 82, the company my dad was with didn't want to do lay-offs so everyone agreed to a pay cut over collecting pogey. this worked for awhile until other up-steam contracts started shutting down.

A third question to anyone is; let say keystone and pipelines west and east were up and running, how would you see this as a game changer?

old dog
01-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Oil prices r as low as they can go without huge financial problems for companies. Syncrude was about to shut in at $8 in the late 80's cause they were loosing money. If U take the rate of inflation since then the present price is the same. Most companies that rely on energy companies spending Capital r already in major trouble. Ie number of drilling rigs working

More pipelines bring about more markets which would help even at low prices.

Wage reductions may not work but 10% would keep more folks employed for awhile. Just my thoughts

Bergerboy
01-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Calling Hal53.....calling Hal53.

Crankbait
01-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Calling Hal53.....calling Hal53.

he's in a phone booth getting changed into his cape and spandex.

hal53
01-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Hal;

What would the lowest cost production be?

What would be a reasonable cut in wages (top to bottom) to meet affordable production costs?

In 82, the company my dad was with didn't want to do lay-offs so everyone agreed to a pay cut over collecting pogey. this worked for awhile until other up-steam contracts started shutting down.

A third question to anyone is; let say keystone and pipelines west and east were up and running, how would you see this as a game changer?
Lowest cost production is a tough one to nail down, so many variables come into play. I guess a guy that owned 6 wells on his own property with slow, low rate jacks on them and the only cost involved was a part time production accountant to fill out the endless Gov't. forms would be cheapest...as I say, very tough to pick a particular area, well type etc. As far as pay cuts, they are only a stop gap measure in most cases I have seen, most salaried employees have taken anywhere from 10-20% so far, after that it's usually lay offs, contractors are usually asked for lower rates and you either comply with a rate they are happy with or the phone doesn't ring much...