PDA

View Full Version : Movie "The Hateful Eight"

arrow dog
01-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Went and saw this today. Real gory shoot em up western. Enjoyed it more than The Revenant.

roper1
01-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Tarantino is a psychopath, good thing he has an outlet....:):)

Crankbait
01-18-2016, 10:13 PM
liked reservoir dogs, didn't like the kill bill movies or Pulp Fiction. but last night I watched Django Unchained and thought, man if Tarantino could franchise him like Clint Eastwood as Nobody, that would be great.

sdimedru
01-18-2016, 10:58 PM
liked reservoir dogs, didn't like the kill bill movies or Pulp Fiction. but last night I watched Django Unchained and thought, man if Tarantino could franchise him like Clint Eastwood as Nobody, that would be great.

Hateful8 wasn't my fave... but I totally agree with your Django comment.... one of my top 5 movies :sHa_shakeshout:

Hunter1602
01-18-2016, 11:01 PM

Just finished watching Django, pretty good movie.

HunterDave
01-18-2016, 11:02 PM
I'll wait to see this one on video on demand. Tarantino puts out some pretty weird yet entertaining stuff. I think that he's a little torn between creating a serious drama and a low budget grind house flick. I'll watch his movies for the entertainment value though.

Flieguy
01-19-2016, 12:06 AM
I absolutely love Tarantino, I'm really stoked to see the hateful eight

kylelaw
01-19-2016, 06:15 AM
The producers did great job... Shanon McIntosh all the way

tacomama
01-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Could have been an excellent movie except for a few scenes, if you've seen it, you can probably guess which one... and it was about an hour too long. Just way too drawn out. The 70mm panavision was cool and cinematography was excellent, that's about it. Almost 3 hours of my life that I will never get back.

Everyone has different opinions on it though.

creeky
01-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Could have been an excellent movie except for a few scenes, if you've seen it, you can probably guess which one... and it was about an hour too long. Just way too drawn out. The 70mm panavision was cool and cinematography was excellent, that's about it. Almost 3 hours of my life that I will never get back.

where'd you see it in 70mm Tacomama, only Van, TO, and Montreal had the "roadshow"?

Selkirk
01-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Official movie trailer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRbXn4-Yis

Behind the scenes; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_SuNfs9_s

I'll pass on this one ... I got better things to do with my time.

Mac

tacomama
01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
where'd you see it in 70mm Tacomama, only Van, TO, and Montreal had the "roadshow"?

Guess it wasn't the real deal 70mm but it looked really wide on the theatre screen

jayboots
01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Could have been an excellent movie except for a few scenes, if you've seen it, you can probably guess which one... and it was about an hour too long. Just way too drawn out. Almost 3 hours of my life that I will never get back.

Agreed. it took about an hour too long to get things heated up, very slow moving, middle section was bla, then the last part was alright but you've already been sitting for 2:30 so your zoned out. it was the slowest 3 hours of my life.

creeky
01-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Guess it wasn't the real deal 70mm but it looked really wide on the theatre screen

that's too bad, wish YYC could have done 70mm-by the time i got everyone to agree to head out to the Vancouver show they got sold out.

tho i can't wait to see the digital version either.