PDA

View Full Version : Cool new style of electric OHV/ATV

Red Bullets
01-19-2016, 12:15 AM
I am not an OHV user nor do I really like what they do in our back country but I do like new innovations. I like this design because of the safety factor, so low to the ground. Would be nice and quiet too because it is electric. I'm sure it would be useless in soft muddy ground unless you put tall tires on it. Probably leave a deep rutted footprint too but on private land....

Excerpt:
"With each motor producing between 1 and 1.5 kW (1.3 to 2 horsepower), the four-wheel drive Swincar is not a powerful vehicle. But at just 310 pounds, it doesn’t need to be. It’s capable of a top speed of about 25 mph, can scale a 70-percent gradient, can recharge in about two hours, and although the company doesn’t specify range — the Swincar can drive for around four hours per charge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbW_kVYcl0

Selkirk
01-19-2016, 12:55 AM
No offence, but a good pair of hiking boots works just fine for me.

Others may differ :rolleye2:

Mac

Hawkhills
01-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Very innovative design.I wonder what the price is.

Red Bullets
01-19-2016, 10:06 AM
No offence, but a good pair of hiking boots works just fine for me.

Others may differ :rolleye2:

Mac

I too am like you. I have always enjoyed being an outdoorsman on foot.

V_1
01-19-2016, 12:27 PM
recharge in about two hours, and although the company doesn’t specify range — the Swincar can drive for around four hours per charge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbW_kVYcl0
I'm not a ATV fan but this would turn me away right here

Jayhad
01-19-2016, 12:44 PM
That suspension is slick, I'm impressed with the traction it gets.

Hogie135
01-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Not very practical in my eyes. Sure would be fun in your backyard if you have some property. I wouldn't be taking that through any mud or anywhere else I like to quad.

The Elkster
01-19-2016, 01:35 PM
I could use it to great effect where I hunt. It'd be pretty insane to have a totally quiet hunting vehicle. I've lusted after a good range electric offroader for awhile. Anyone found any price estimate on these things? Haven't found any mention of price myself. Apparently they just started production in the Fall 2015 and people seem quite interested so I'm sure there will be a backlog for awhile.

Stinky Buffalo
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
I'd be all for something like this, but in a game cart format. Wouldn't that be awesome? :D

traderal
01-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Awesome, I just found the electric all terrain wheelchair I always wanted.

grouse_hunter
01-19-2016, 08:28 PM
Oh man, this has hipster written all over it! I'd give one a try for a few minutes though

Twisted Canuck
01-19-2016, 08:34 PM
I think that with that innovative suspension it has, if you could scale it up a bit in size, and so it could handle mud, more range and power, maybe a small deck for payload.....that could be a really neat and quiet hunting rig (and probably lighter weight than conventional quad, less footprint). Certainly less stink coming off it. Throw in some solar panels or a small turbine for recharging it while you are out hunting, and it gets better yet. I think as a prototype to grow from it has some potential. Thanks for posting, always good to see new ideas that seem well executed.

elkhunter11
01-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I just don't see it hauling an elk or a moose out of mud, snow, or rough terrain

brslk
01-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Awesome, I just found the electric all terrain wheelchair I always wanted.

Bingo! I bet it's pricey though.

Stinky Buffalo
01-19-2016, 08:54 PM
I think that with that innovative suspension it has, if you could scale it up a bit in size, and so it could handle mud, more range and power, maybe a small deck for payload.....that could be a really neat and quiet hunting rig (and probably lighter weight than conventional quad, less footprint). Certainly less stink coming off it. Throw in some solar panels or a small turbine for recharging it while you are out hunting, and it gets better yet. I think as a prototype to grow from it has some potential. Thanks for posting, always good to see new ideas that seem well executed.

Some great ideas there, TC! Good thinking.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
01-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Very innovate idea !

It's very rare I use any OHV for anything and when I do it's to scout and I rent what I need.