PDA

View Full Version : The Bundy's Bunch

Don Andersen
01-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Good morning,

I've been lurking waiting for the discussion on the Bundy Bunch. Nada. What's up with this?

Don

Okotokian
01-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Is there something new? I enjoyed the occupier who was outraged that in response to their appeal for supplies, they got sex toys sent to them. He didn't quite grasp that members of the public were telling them to F themselves. LOL

CaberTosser
01-19-2016, 09:44 AM
From what little I know of their situation I don't think it is cause for an armed uprising, but then again they have maintained non-violent behaviour so I can't fault them in that aspect. Really its not much different than a sit-in where everyone happened to CCW.

What I understand of the fellows who had come from out-of-state is that they were wayyy behind on their grazing lease payments when they had their previous government stand-off.

3blade
01-19-2016, 09:49 AM
There was a thread on it, looks like it got nuked. Can't find it.

Long story short the ranchers were indeed terrorists with a long history of convictions for intimidation, attacking hunters, poaching, arson, assault and various other things.

The bundys are freezing their future bundys off while most everyone else goes on about life.

Okotokian
01-19-2016, 09:57 AM
I don't support them one iota, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them terrorists. They aren't terrorists. We've seen what terrorists are and do. These guys are just deadbeats and crooks masquerading as freedom fighters, who have sucked in a few other gullible types.

Cops don't need to do anything but cut off electricity, water, supplies, and wait them out. Arrest them when they come out waving the flag. That's how the government should handle a sit-in or occupation by any group, be they militiamen, aboriginals, environmentalists, students...

3blade
01-19-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't support them one iota, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them terrorists. They aren't terrorists. We've seen what terrorists are and do. These guys are just deadbeats and crooks masquerading as freedom fighters, who have sucked in a few other gullible types.

Cops don't need to do anything but cut off electricity, water, supplies, and wait them out. Arrest them when they come out waving the flag. That's how the government should handle a sit-in or occupation by any group, be they militiamen, aboriginals, environmentalists, students...

I called the ranchers terrorists.

The ranchers have disavowed any representation by the militia.

Notice how the community doesn't want the bundy militia around? Probably a reason for that.

As for the bundy militia, they largely pick the wrong side in this fight. Showed up without knowing the whole story and now are stuck between admitting they called it wrong or sticking around where they aren't wanted or supported.