PDA

View Full Version : Food Culture War

Mangosteen
01-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Denmark rules to keep pork on the menu after banishment from Muslim-friendly institutions
https://www.rt.com/news/329607-denmark-keep-pork-muslims/

Now there is a meatball fury in Denmark. Trying to keep Danish culture alive by making sure Pork is on the menu.

Are there any restaurants in Alberta that do not serve Alberta Pork?

HighlandHeart
01-20-2016, 04:33 PM
http://lashish.ca/menu.htm Don't have any pork on the menu, but I have to respect any culture that puts sharpened sticks of charbroiled chicken, Alberta beef tenderloin and lean ground lamb all on the same plate.

KGB
01-20-2016, 05:35 PM
There is nothing wrong with the ethnic restaurant not serving certain type of food(like pork) to its patrons. Because it is a destination place where people are choosing to go to eat, people actually made a choice to go there.
It's a different story when the public places are starting to cater to a small minority because they are afraid of been called islamofob etc. The kids at the day care have no choice....

Grizzly Adams
01-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Denmark just happens to be a major pork producer, among the world's largest, would be idiotic to discourage consumption.

Grizz

rugatika
01-20-2016, 06:37 PM
:)

Push Back

schmedlap
01-20-2016, 07:17 PM
There is nothing wrong with the ethnic restaurant not serving certain type of food(like pork) to its patrons. Because it is a destination place where people are choosing to go to eat, people actually made a choice to go there.
It's a different story when the public places are starting to cater to a small minority because they are afraid of been called islamofob etc. The kids at the day care have no choice....

but if the parents of the kids going to daycare have a choice of which daycare they go to, then ...? If you don't like it, and you have no current alternatives, you always have the one of creating your own.

I know I am not going to get pork or beef when I go to one of my "ethnic" favorite places - it is just not permitted, and I don't care, of course. I am going to get delicious lamb, goat, chicken, etc. I don't know if the patrons of that particular ethnic persuasion boycott BP or Subway, or...? because it serves such - though there are other choices and they are under no obligation to eat such (?).

This seems like a business decision issue (?). Not something that should be legislated, regardless of the national economic issues.

Ivo
01-20-2016, 08:07 PM
This is just another small example of the conflict and frustration many Europeans are going through trying to keep their own cultures and traditions intact. It is brewing in Europe and we will see a major pushback in the next 10-15 years. In the meantime there will be many incidents of conflict escalating until it reaches a breaking point where Europeans unite and eradicate Muslims entirely. I wish it weren't the case but when one culture tries to push their views on another, especially not in their native country, eventually there is a pushback. No more tolerance.

Twist
01-20-2016, 08:18 PM
:)

Push Back

A pound of bacon a day...

I'm going to die soon though :)

kotode
01-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Domesticated meat is disgusting. Feral and venison meat isn't.

avb3
01-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Domesticated meat is disgusting. Feral and venison meat isn't.

Hog wild in other words :bad_boys_20: