PDA

View Full Version : Things Don't Change If You Dont Change Things!

8x68S
01-20-2016, 09:34 PM
What was the statement....2% of people will do what 98% of the population won't. How many members does this forum have...60Kish? How many of them have written their MP's, Trudeau, or Goodale voicing their concerns about possible future gun control? Doesn't affect you or you don't care because you live in no-wheres-ville, or only have a 22 or 303. Shouldn't matter should it. If the firearms community doesn't work together to achieve a common goal then we get what we deserve.
As I have stated in another forum; "Working as a team will get a lot more accomplished. In this instance a "few cannot help the many". It is the "many who must help the few" To think otherwise is foolish.

reddeerguy2015
01-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Context to your rant ??

260 Rem
01-20-2016, 09:45 PM
I have given both my MLA and MP a tour of the Range to which I belong. I will also be inviting both Provincial and Federal members of cabinet in 2016.

ETOWNCANUCK
01-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Possible future gun control
Is not definite future gun control

rugatika
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Done it all and etc.

Agree with you completely. Gun owners should be a much more powerful lobby group in Canada than they are. Too many people don't care about the "other" guns/.

reddeerguy2015
01-20-2016, 10:55 PM
Done it all and etc.

Agree with you completely. Gun owners should be a much more powerful lobby group in Canada than they are. Too many people don't care about the "other" guns/.

Just curious - whats your definition of "other guns" ?

rugatika
01-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Just curious - whats your definition of "other guns" ?

Usually starts out with handguns, or ar15's, then other semi-auto's, lever actions, military calibers, etc etc etc.

Someone has a bolt action rifle and a pump action shotgun, and they don't care if ar15's get banned. Next it's ruger mini-14's, and on down the line. "other guns"

reddeerguy2015
01-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Usually starts out with handguns, or ar15's, then other semi-auto's, lever actions, military calibers, etc etc etc.

Someone has a bolt action rifle and a pump action shotgun, and they don't care if ar15's get banned. Next it's ruger mini-14's, and on down the line. "other guns"

For me - i've got no use for handguns. On the other hand, my father in law owns several (legally) and quite likes them.

To each his own.

Long rifle or not, as long as they are in the hands of responsible owners (handguns included, i guess), whos the government to say whats what??

Illegal guns will always end up in the hands of criminals, no matter how many guns they try to take away from legitimate owners.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but its not going to come from firearm prohibition of law abiding gun owners.

8x68S
01-20-2016, 11:56 PM
Context to your rant ??

Quit whining, get off your ass and do something!

8x68S
01-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Possible future gun control
Is not definite future gun control

I couldn't say gun control because it hasn't happened yet. Pretty good chance it will but we'll have to see to what measure.

reddeerguy2015
01-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Quit whining, get off your ass and do something!

Muffin.

8x68S
01-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Muffin.
Blueberry?

reddeerguy2015
01-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Blueberry?

Yum!

elkhunter11
01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
I have written several MPs not only the one in my riding.

Boogerfart
01-21-2016, 08:47 AM
I know it's been done several times in the past but now is a perfect time to post any available contact information and remind people not to send angry rants- coming across as calm and controlled is a good thing on something like this.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
01-21-2016, 11:54 AM
It is clear that everyone who is involved isn't supporting enough for this cause or we would see more results and is now being showcased by new and possible legislation.
Being active in standing up for your recreational enjoyment or way of life is key to success
A good start is joining the NRA where you will receive loads of useful information on innovations and efforts being made and the opportunity to have your voice heard at top the levels of government more clearly.
Less spectators and more activism, let's put the gloves on here :fighting0030:

ETOWNCANUCK
01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
3 million Albertans (assuming not too many left to return to Eastern provinces)

Of that number 60K are members on this site. Of which several are banned, absent, moved on Etc. Leaving but a few hundred that actually consistently post, contribute anything of actual value for Alberta outdoorsmen.

Of which maybe a couple of hundred might actually get involved in a letter writing campaign.

VS.

Nearly 40 million Canadian, 37 million of whom are not in this province,
Of that number, how many are card carrying rifle openers, and would pick up the phone in support of those that do everything right in regards to guns,

Against

How many are against those that use guns, and not in a recreational, practical way.

Long and the short of it.

If they want stricter controls on guns, given the will of many vs the will of a few. It will happen.
Or as we all have seen.

It generally takes one stupid Apple in the bunch to upset the apple cart.

Seems an uphill battle, to which there will be no gain.

Twist
01-21-2016, 12:40 PM
What was the statement....2% of people will do what 98% of the population won't. How many members does this forum have...60Kish? How many of them have written their MP's, Trudeau, or Goodale voicing their concerns about possible future gun control? Doesn't affect you or you don't care because you live in no-wheres-ville, or only have a 22 or 303. Shouldn't matter should it. If the firearms community doesn't work together to achieve a common goal then we get what we deserve.
As I have stated in another forum; "Working as a team will get a lot more accomplished. In this instance a "few cannot help the many". It is the "many who must help the few" To think otherwise is foolish.

Amen to that!

Context to your rant ??

Um...rant?

The government has been on a diarmament mission since the early 1900's.

Slowly but surely. Read up on your heritage and history...or not, and contribute to the enslavement.

Redfrog
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Done it all and etc.

X2