PDA

View Full Version : Got a reply from the Gov. concerning a letter I sent concerning APOS

pikergolf
01-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Sent the letter in Aug. complaining about guides being convicted but not loosing there guides licence. A late reply is better than no reply I guess. One paragraph she wrote, particularly caught my attention.

While our government has no role in determining how the society delivers its delegated
responsibilities - including the discipline of its members - we have initiated an
independent review of the society in its role as a delegated administrative organization.

PGH
01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Basically they are saying that the government cannot revoke the license because they do not posses that capacity (nor would they want to). Its up to APOS to revoke the license of a convicted outfitter.

An independent review means they've got someone researching it but likely in a limited scope. They may investigate the integrity and professionalism of the society's directors and operators. They could look further into any previous issues or complaints. Who knows what else? Also, didn't know much about these delegated administrative organizations...I attached a backgrounder in case anyone wants to know more about them.

Kanonfodder
01-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Don't get too excited folks they are reviewing all the ABCs in Alberta. Associations, Boards and councils. It's mandated by law every 7 yrs. 301 of them to be exact

avb3
01-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Don't get too excited folks they are reviewing all the ABCs in Alberta. Associations, Boards and councils. It's mandated by law every 7 yrs. 301 of them to be exact

I'm not sure if the delegated administration organizations fall within that review. Certainly they have not in the past.

purgatory.sv
01-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Ok I troll are you not in Florida
Enjoy your time, and send pictures.

avb3
01-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Ok I troll are you not in Florida
Enjoy your time, and send pictures.
Yup, recovering from near freezing temperatures last night, a tornado 20 miles away that killed 2 a couple of nights ago, an absolutely sickened what's happening with politics in Alberta and Canada.

How the hell did we elect those two idiots? I can't see Notley ever getting reelected, but I worry about liberals federally being in for a while.

purgatory.sv
01-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Well as long as we are above the surface all should be good.