PDA

View Full Version : Ice Shacks on Slave Lake

kcward
01-21-2016, 07:31 PM
I just wanted to reach out to those that have rented the cabin/shack on slave to get your opinion. I am from Grande Prairie, so want to hit the west side either north or south of the lake. From what I have been able to find so far there is South Shore, Larsen's and Reel Time Ventures. I've heard the bite has been good on the North side at the Cutbank where Reel Time Ventures is. Not sure about the fishing at Jousard where Larsen's and South Shore shacks are.

If anyone has experienced any of them please drop me a line, as I want to book one...talked the wife into going and staying over night in one, so I want to try and get the best area so she can catch lots of fish!

Thanks for any info,

mike780
01-21-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm going to be staying at reel time over night cabin the last week of jan. Once I get back I can let you know how it is.

Cheers, mike

kcward
01-21-2016, 09:53 PM
I'm going to be staying at reel time over night cabin the last week of jan. Once I get back I can let you know how it is.

Cheers, mike

Thanks Mike...You bugger, that's the weekend I wanted to go but it's booked by you :)

Have fun out there...look forward to hearing how you make out.

Ken

BEHR
01-21-2016, 10:37 PM
We're here now and the bite is on. 3 burb 16 walleye and 15 jack. Walleye are anywhere from 17 to 23 inch. Come on out. Careful with the drifted snow, been windy here the last couple days. Add another walleye to that total as I type.

BEHR
01-21-2016, 10:39 PM
As for the rentals. They both have good cabins. South shore does provide a toilet of sorts.

BEHR
01-21-2016, 10:41 PM
For clarification. We are set up in joussard at the shack village.

kcward
01-22-2016, 12:28 AM
For clarification. We are set up in joussard at the shack village.

Sounds like fun...are you in your own shack or which company did you rent from? Not sure if there are only two companies renting over there or more?

BEHR
01-22-2016, 10:22 PM
We are in our own shack. Things are a little slow tonight but I'm sure it will change. Sorry for the late post.

BEHR
01-22-2016, 10:23 PM
We are beside south shore shacks and 500 yards from Larsen shacks.

kcward
01-22-2016, 11:46 PM
We are beside south shore shacks and 500 yards from Larsen shacks.

Nice having your own shack I bet...I'm sure things will pick up. Thanks for your reply.

equad4
01-23-2016, 12:26 AM
How much ice is up that way? Also wondering what's been working for u up there? Heading out that way this coming week. Thanks.

BEHR
01-23-2016, 11:52 AM
We're using every colour jig head you can think of with a minnow. Ice is at the 24 inch Mark. Good luck.

outdoors forever
01-23-2016, 04:33 PM
The guys in the cabins this weekend have caught burbot, walleye, and pike so far so are doing pretty well.

Like BEHR said, a good 20 + inches of ice. But after the storm that blew through last night the accesses might need some work - I know I was plowing through drifts at 10:30 last night on the way off the lake.

Hopefully lots of guys go out and pack down the roads again......

Cory1
01-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Was out today and came home with 11 fish... Guess I'm cooking some up for the guys at work, 6 whites, 2 eyes, 2 burbs, and a pike.

21 feet of water and fished the same 2 holes all day.
South east end of the lake.

husky hunter
01-24-2016, 07:06 AM
I just wanted to reach out to those that have rented the cabin/shack on slave to get your opinion. I am from Grande Prairie, so want to hit the west side either north or south of the lake. From what I have been able to find so far there is South Shore, Larsen's and Reel Time Ventures. I've heard the bite has been good on the North side at the Cutbank where Reel Time Ventures is. Not sure about the fishing at Jousard where Larsen's and South Shore shacks are.

If anyone has experienced any of them please drop me a line, as I want to book one...talked the wife into going and staying over night in one, so I want to try and get the best area so she can catch lots of fish!

Thanks for any info,

We rented from Roadrunner Cabins at Joussard 75/day. Six holes and wood heat. Nice people and you can get a nice cabin for 100/day. Satelite tv etc. 776-2203. Pat

Kim473
01-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Might be a little hard to find anything not booked now.

bucksman
01-25-2016, 09:22 AM
yeah we booked in february but couldnt book any weekends as they were all booked up

retten
02-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Thanks for any info,

Spent Thursday to Sunday in two Larsen's shacks, shacks were ok, but the crap we had to go through just BS.

Had negotiated a price with the owner, once we arrived the price was different by $ 50.00 per shack per night than we agreed on. Paid the higher price which was to include wood delivered to the shacks, never happened, we had to go to shore on two occasions to get wood, the six of us spend good money to fish not work for the shack owner. We were told there was a outhouse NOT.

I think if you are going to provide a service or operate a business you should at least make an attempt to do your best.

Rating out of 5 Stars

I will never go to them again.

husky hunter
02-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Spent Thursday to Sunday in two Larsen's shacks, shacks were ok, but the crap we had to go through just BS.

Had negotiated a price with the owner, once we arrived the price was different by $ 50.00 per shack per night than we agreed on. Paid the higher price which was to include wood delivered to the shacks, never happened, we had to go to shore on two occasions to get wood, the six of us spend good money to fish not work for the shack owner. We were told there was a outhouse NOT.

I think if you are going to provide a service or operate a business you should at least make an attempt to do your best.

Rating out of 5 Stars

I will never go to them again.

We used Roadrunner and it was good. Just basic but lots of wood and cleaned out etc. 776-2203

Mike_W
02-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Was out today and came home with 11 fish... Guess I'm cooking some up for the guys at work, 6 whites, 2 eyes, 2 burbs, and a pike.

Any pics of the whites?
I have only ever caught one white in slave (never targeted them though) and it was wormy but I have caught a pile of tuibee which look very similar to a white but pretty oily and fishey I have heard....halibut really like them lol.

Albertacoyotecaller
02-01-2016, 11:18 AM
I have stopped using a lardons as well because of what you encountered. Looking for a good rental place still.

bucksman
02-01-2016, 11:30 AM
uh oh, we rented with larsens, bring lots of wood, a bucket and extra money??

kevinhits
02-01-2016, 11:31 AM

Sounds like you are having a great time up there:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishing sucks down here but you already know that:bad_boys_20:

MikeGreenstein
02-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time up there:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishing sucks down here but you already know that:bad_boys_20:

What are you still doing down here then buddy?

kevinhits
02-01-2016, 11:56 AM
What are you still doing down here then buddy?

Business:bad_boys_20:

If I could live up North for the fishing, I would be there already:scared0015:

equad4
02-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Myself and a friend spent from the 27th to 29th at the overnight shack out on cutbank. Had an amazing time the fishing was great. Check out Reel time shacks very nice shack cozy and comfortable.

kcward
02-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Myself and a friend spent from the 27th to 29th at the overnight shack out on cutbank. Had an amazing time the fishing was great. Check out Reel time shacks very nice shack cozy and comfortable.

That's where we are headed at the end of the month...glad to hear they are bitting. Did you have a camera ....must be fairly clear and reasonable visability

Shekka
02-01-2016, 08:41 PM
That's where we are headed at the end of the month...glad to hear they are bitting. Did you have a camera ....must be fairly clear and reasonable visability

We had a camera when we were up there (Jan 19-24) and we couldn't see much with our camera. What we did see, was a lot of murky water...

But on the other had, we caught loads of walleye, and several Burbot! So I didn't care about the camera. :)

equad4
02-01-2016, 10:04 PM
No camera and we caught all kinds of walleye pike burbot. Pike were all small maybe a couple keepers. Went home with couple nice Wally's and a couple nice burbs. Them burbs are awesome. Check out Reel time if your lookin for a shack.

RHJ
02-01-2016, 10:16 PM
How is the ice at Joussard up there next thurs - sun. Fishing usually solid..

kcward
02-03-2016, 12:14 AM
We had a camera when we were up there (Jan 19-24) and we couldn't see much with our camera. What we did see, was a lot of murky water...

But on the other had, we caught loads of walleye, and several Burbot! So I didn't care about the camera. :)

That's awesome...should be good times!

kcward
02-03-2016, 12:17 AM
No camera and we caught all kinds of walleye pike burbot. Pike were all small maybe a couple keepers. Went home with couple nice Wally's and a couple nice burbs. Them burbs are awesome. Check out Reel time if your lookin for a shack.

Booked with Reel Time Feb 27...can't wait.

Safety D
02-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Any Joussard reports? Is it dead ?

bubba 96
02-03-2016, 06:58 PM
One week and we're at reel time. Can't wait....

Shekka
02-03-2016, 07:03 PM
I hope you all enjoy your time there! We had a great time at Slave lake when we were there!

cannonc
02-04-2016, 08:21 AM
Southshore Ice Fishing,Joussard. Good place nice shacks. Ramona 7805366555 / Dean 7805236315

lromanchuk
02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Just did an overnight rental with Reel Time Adventures. Paul has an excellent setup and the fishing was great. I will defiantly be supporting his business again. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun day or 2 of fishing.

FishHunterPro
02-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Out at joussard now,fishing was good yesterday and this morning but mostlly jacks today and no action for the evening bite so far.Had a good dey last night but so far isn't loooking to good tonight.

outdoors forever
02-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Just did an overnight rental with Reel Time Adventures. Paul has an excellent setup and the fishing was great. I will defiantly be supporting his business again. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun day or 2 of fishing.

Thanks for the kind words, I do appreciate it :)

And thanks to everyone else in this thread and in general who have supported me and encouraged me with this venture. I've poured my heart and soul into it and I am SO happy with how its been going. I've met a lot of great members from here and I look forward to meeting more of you!

Forest Techer
12-21-2016, 07:58 AM
what happened to the other Slave hut rental thread?

There was new contact info for south shore. If anyone has that info I would appreciate it.

catnthehat
12-21-2016, 08:17 AM
what happened to the other Slave hut rental thread?

There was new contact info for south shore. If anyone has that info I would appreciate it.

It was deleted because he is not a sponsor, and there are sponsors on this forum who pay for that privilege.
BTW it was NOT Reel Time Adventures that hit the complaint button.:thinking-006:
Cat

Forest Techer
12-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the follow up Cat.

I don't think the fellow who posted the updated contact info was the business owner, think it is still safe for someone to post ice shack contact information like the op here has asked for. We share information regarding non sponsor companies all the time.

BTW I'd love to use Reel Time , sounds like a great outfit. Just on the wrong side of the lake for some family coming a long way.

Mr Eye
12-25-2016, 07:31 PM
search kijiji ice fishing cabins. There are other providers with monster perch pics. 15.5" perch