PDA

View Full Version : Litter training a four year old - funny!

avb3
01-21-2016, 08:48 PM
From my daughter's Facebook posting today:

OMG!!! Sorry this is long, but it's funny! So when we bought this place, we inherited a cat. He's super sweet and (edit out granddaughter's name) is absolutely in love with him. He's honestly the most chill cat we've ever seen and we let him in to be fed and to warm up on cold days. We thought we better put a litter box in the house just in case. Now you should know I have zero cat experience! A couple of weeks ago we saw the litter box had been used and were super excited. Yay this will be easy we thought, but there hasn't been any usage since then.

Well today I was in the basement with my 4 year old when all of a sudden he grabs himself and says in a desperate voice, "I have to go to the bathroom". I said, "Well run up then and go". He says, "Well mom there's a bathroom down here you know. It's right in this pit (pointing to a tiny sand pit in the basement where the old boiler would have been). I said, "Excuse me??? It is not...(edit grandson's name) did you boys (his cousin was here the day the 'cat' peed in the litter box) pee in the litter box"? His face said it all!!! Well folks, it appears I've litter trained my son! Yikes!!!!