PDA

View Full Version : School in lockdown, report of a shooting in La Loche, Sask. 4 dead

bat119
01-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Both the La Loche Community School and elementary school in northern Saskatchewan are in lockdown, according to the school's Facebook page.

A student in La Loche said there were multiple shootings at the community school this afternoon, and a nurse at the local health centre confirmed to CBC News that there are patients suffering from gunshot wounds

"I ran outside the school," Noel Desjarlais told CBC News. "There was lots of screaming, there was about six, seven shots before I got outside. I believe there was more shots by the time I did get out."

Desjarlais said he believed a suspect was in custody.

A Facebook post on the school's page described an emergency occurring at the Dene Building of the school.

No one is being allowed in or out until further notice is given by the RCMP, according to the post.

Saskatchewan's air ambulance system has also tweeted it has been dispatched to La Loche, which is about 500 kilometres northwest of Prince Albert, Sask.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/la-loche-community-school-lock-down-jan22-1.3416143

bat119
01-22-2016, 03:14 PM
A school schooting in the northern Saskatchewan community of La Loche has reportedly left two dead.
La Loche RCMP confirmed that there had been a school shooting at the La Loche Community School in the Dene high school building.
Clearwater River Dene Nation Chief Teddy Clark said there are at least two dead but that that the total number of causalities are not known.
“We are in the preliminary stages of investigation,” a spokesperson for the RCMP said in a release.
The Dene high school, which houses students from Grades 7 to 12, is in lockdown. Nearby Ducharme Elementary School has also been locked down as a precaution.
Mounties are also asking parents and residents to stay away because the situation is active and ongoing.
“There is currently an emergency occurring at the Dene Building and we are asking the public to stay away while the matter is resolved by the RCMP,” the school said on its Facebook page. “The elementary school is also under a lock down which will not be lifted until we hear that it is safe from the La Loche RCMP. We will not be allowing anyone in or out until we have a clear idea of what is going on.”

Ken Ladouceur, the division’s director of education, says he received a call from the principal of La Loche Community School shortly after 1 p.m.
CTV also quotes the community’s fire chief as saying a boy with a gun is in custody.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/01/22/saskatchewan-school-in-lockdown-after-reports-of-shooting.html

Nova
01-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Yikes! I know somebody that teaches there.

sjemac
01-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Five dead. Justin has his excuse now

HalfBreed
01-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Damn, condolences to the surviving families. Sad when it involves kids.

Newview01
01-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Sickening. You gotta have some serious head problems to carry this out.. Too bad nobody had a chance to defend themself and the people around them.

kotode
01-22-2016, 05:26 PM
That's sad. All I've heard from the news was that all the drama happened in the High School section of the school, not the elementary side.

3blade
01-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Five dead. Justin has his excuse now

Yep. Welcome to Australia 2.0

Newview01
01-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Yep. Welcome to Australia 2.0

Not so fast.. I like to think there is a bit more common sense then that.

elkhunter11
01-22-2016, 05:51 PM

Common sense? Trudeau? Get real!

3blade
01-22-2016, 05:55 PM

Horse crap......Just watch.

Nothing personal against you, but you haven't been paying attention. the turd has had the CBC running anti gun stories for weeks. It was gonna happen regardless, this just gives him a pile of graves to use as a podium.

norwestalta
01-22-2016, 05:59 PM

That ****er. Looked like he was trying his hardest not to smile when he was interviewed on the news.

Sad situation there for sure.

play.soccer
01-22-2016, 06:05 PM
We are so F'd

Savage addict
01-22-2016, 06:08 PM
If alcohol was involved would they try to reform liquor laws... No. On a side note anyone looking to purchase a tavor? Like right now... For anywhere close to what I paid for it..... Please....

dmcbride
01-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Horse crap......Just watch.

Nothing personal against you, but you haven't been paying attention. the turd has had the CBC running anti gun stories for weeks. It was gonna happen regardless, this just gives him a pile of graves to use as a podium.

Yep, sadly the real problem won't be addressed.

"The annual suicide rate in the Keewatin Yatthe Regional Health Authority is the highest of any health authority in Saskatchewan. The area, which includes La Loche, Buffalo Narrows, Ile a la Crosse and other communities in the province’s northwest, averaged 43.4 suicide deaths per 100,000 people between 2008 and 2012. That’s more than triple the average annual provincial rate of 12.7 suicide deaths per 100,000. The average annual suicide rates in the Saskatoon and Regina Qu’Appelle health authorities were 10.2 and 11.5 per 100,000 people respectively for the same time frame."
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/crime/la-loche-community-school-in-lockdown-stars-dispatched-we-will-not-be-allowing-anyone-in-or-out

Newview01
01-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Ok I'll jump on the bandwagon. I am a hardcore conspiracy theorist. Watch 'everything is a rich mans trick' on YouTube. Very enlightening. As far as gun laws in Canada though, what does Justin have to gain in a political sense by banning certain guns? I know that more people than ever that I speak to feel the need to protect themselves, preferably by a gun. I don't see him coming down to hard. There is a lot of people out east too who looove their guns..
What are everyone's thoughts on Sandy Hook? Hoax? Or true story?

Savage addict
01-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Ok I'll jump on the bandwagon. I am a hardcore conspiracy theorist. Watch 'everything is a rich mans trick' on YouTube. Very enlightening. As far as gun laws in Canada though, what does Justin have to gain in a political sense by banning certain guns? I know that more people than ever that I speak to feel the need to protect themselves, preferably by a gun. I don't see him coming down to hard. There is a lot of people out east too who looove their guns..

I said it in another post. Predators will kill their prey by whatever means necessary. Gun, knife, rock, stick. Let's just give them their own land and let them sort their issues out themselves.... Wait... That's exactly what just happened. And I bet he used government/tax payers money to get drunk and buy his gun... Just saying

rugatika
01-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Terrible to hear when anything happens to anyone, but it always seems doubly worse when it happens to kids. Condolences to all the families and the entire community.

elkdump
01-22-2016, 06:30 PM
I said it in another post. Predators will kill their prey by whatever means necessary. Gun, knife, rock, stick. Let's just give them their own land and let them sort their issues out themselves.... Wait... That's exactly what just happened. And I bet he used government/tax payers money to get drunk and buy his gun... Just saying

In the not so distant past the riot in La Loche when locals rioted and burned police vehicles, assaulted police officers, attacked emergency personnel and damaged vandalized equipment , trashed the local hospital , didn't get much national attention, but just take a guess WHO payed for the damages ?

And murder and suicide is not an uncommon occurrence ,

A well rounded community ,, just misunderstood

qwert
01-22-2016, 06:44 PM

I was not there, and have no new knowledge or information, but there are many troubling questions and reported inconsistencies regarding what is often termed the 'Sandy Flag' incident.

However the fact remains that the worst USA school mass murder only involved a firearm very peripherally.

1927 Bath_School_disaster
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Sandy Hook compared
http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/12/mass-school-bombing-in-1927-puts-sandy-hook-in-context/

Good Luck, YMMV.

Flight01
01-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Condolences to the families involved.
Any word on the type of firearm?
Wonder if it was owned by a responsible PAL holder and properly stored?
Other scenario is random firearm that's been sitting under grandmas stairs that goes out hunting when needed. No case , lock or safe. Ammo Likley sitting there next to it in a back pack....

Sepuculation of course. My point is though, if any laws were violated aside from the obvious offence that occurred, then passing more restrictions along to law abiding owners will solve nothing. As so many times before bad people do bad things , giving good people more laws or restrictions does not stop the bad. The bad just don't care... They're bad. This time it appears they are crazy too

Seems simple to us but to the masses the common sense is sometimes elusive.

Sad times

bat119
01-22-2016, 07:07 PM
The loss of lives so needlessly is tragic words can't express the grief this incident has caused.
Witness's on facebook say he was a nice guy and they can't believe he would do this, they describe him a young offender that just walked in with a shotgun and started shooting.

Newellknik
01-22-2016, 07:07 PM
No matter what shiny pony and princess Sophie want I would
believe a lot of illegal firearms up there and that's not likely
To change .
But if the Feds can convolute this into having anything to do
with law bidding gun owners ....then time to take to the streets .
Very sad event but could happen anywhere . Tough times for
all involved .

bobtodrick
01-22-2016, 07:16 PM
I figure this could work to our advantage.
If Trudeau was to try and use this as an excuse to ban guns, the aboriginal will scream bloody murder that it infringes upon their treaty rights to hunt, which is granted in the constitution.
As to the type of weapon, it sounds from early reports to have been a shotgun.

Holy Grounds Coffee
01-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Another shooting on planet earth. Whats new

Albertacoyotecaller
01-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Wife use to teach there. I had many good times there but she is a rough place for sure.

Unregistered user
01-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Now more than ever it is time to join one or more pro-gun orgs instead of wetting your panties.

2 Tollers
01-22-2016, 08:48 PM
Terrible to hear when anything happens to anyone, but it always seems doubly worse when it happens to kids. Condolences to all the families and the entire community.

X2 -- Our hearts go out to the affected families and the community. Very sad situation.

Nova
01-22-2016, 08:52 PM
http://leaderpost.com/storyline/suspect-opened-fire-in-the-building-at-least-five-people-are-dead-and-a-suspect-is-in-custody-after-a-school-shooting-in-la-loche

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/saskatchewan/27la+loche+devastated+least+dead+suspect+custody+a fter/11670438/story.html

Looks like it is four dead, not five. Two took place in the shooter's home.

Newview01
01-22-2016, 08:57 PM
All conspiracies aside, this was the real deal. Sad situation. Hope everyone can pull through.

Hopefully this incident does not get used for the detriment of our safety, privacy, and society as we know it.

histyle
01-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Tragic, and pointless loss of life. Thoughts, and prayers to all affected.

Positrac
01-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Condolences to all of those families and people affected.

Another case of mental illness that results in tragedy.

Smokinyotes
01-22-2016, 10:22 PM
I feel sorry for the families. On the other hand I am not surprised. I have only ever been to la loche once, that was enough for me.

huntsfurfish
01-22-2016, 10:50 PM

X2 and one of few proper posts.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
01-22-2016, 10:54 PM
We are all very saddened to hear of this recent tragedy

May peace and comfort find all the families involved after justice has been served to this one person.

Albertaguide
01-23-2016, 06:04 AM

X2

TripleTTT
01-23-2016, 08:43 AM
When is Trudeau going to restore health payments to Provinces so that mental health issues can be addresses? :)

Twist
01-23-2016, 12:03 PM

Justin has everyghing to gain.

Unarmed slaves cannot fight back. He'll do his part to further restrict things.