PDA

View Full Version : Ste anne & devils lake...what a joke!!

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Seen 3 fish come up between the 2 lakes!! Lesson learned!

brohymn2
01-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Maybe it's you not the lake

Astrocyte
01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
We just came back from St. Anne. Went to Yellowstone by the big weed bed, 10-12 feet of water. Caught a bunch of small hammer handle jack and 2 walleye. Bite came in waves, every half hour or so. Did not see any whites.

The fish are there.

EZM
01-22-2016, 07:36 PM
strange .......... I was at St.Anne a few weeks ago (about 6-7 of us) and we all caught fish. Quite a few actually. All average to small though.

Have not been to Devils this season, but that lake is pretty good too - ussually quite a few fish throughout the day. Lot's of small hammer handles and the occasional decent perch.

trkrstu
01-22-2016, 08:17 PM
I was at Devils lake and caught 50 cm pike while looking for whitefish. So it depends on the day if you get a bite or not. My lures were very small and I still caught the pike. Just not keepers.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-22-2016, 11:53 PM
great reports of minnows!
guess me and the other fisherman just suck ,cause its tough to caught pike

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Maybe it's you not the lake

drop a hook hot shot:test:

SNAPFisher
01-23-2016, 05:30 AM
Going to St Anne for the first time this morning. I'll report back.

Maybe you need to have as much "hook in water" time as posting on forum time. Could increase your chance of success :)

Astrocyte
01-23-2016, 08:34 AM
great reports of minnows!
guess me and the other fisherman just suck ,cause its tough to caught pike

Oh I see you are looking for a specific size to count as catching something. No st anne and Devils do not produce constant numbers of massive sized fish. Best to avoid them in that case.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 08:40 AM
We just came back from St. Anne. Went to Yellowstone by the big weed bed, 10-12 feet of water. Caught a bunch of small hammer handle jack and 2 walleye. Bite came in waves, every half hour or so. Did not see any whites.

The fish are there.

i went left and right of the boat launch,talked to several guys.one guy was there the day before for 8 hrs and iced 2 small pike.Most guys were skunked or 1 or 2

ADH
01-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Maybe you need to have as much "hook in water" time as posting on forum time. Could increase your chance of success :)

Hahahahahahahaha:sHa_sarcasticlol: Priceless:scared0018:

waterninja
01-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Seen 3 fish come up between the 2 lakes!! Lesson learned!
Lesson learned??? You had a bad day of fishing so your complaining and quiting? And your blaming the lakes?
Thats funny. No lesson learned here.
My biggest problem with Anne is that it's hard to fill my Class B Wallie tags because of all the pike that bite and all the A Class Walleye caught.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Lesson learned??? You had a bad day of fishing so your complaining and quiting? And your blaming the lakes?
Thats funny. No lesson learned here.
My biggest problem with Anne is that it's hard to fill my Class B Wallie tags because of all the pike that bite and all the A Class Walleye caught.

If you would've read the part where I wrote that I talked to several fisherman you might have understood that the fishing was poor for everyone at Ste Anne.I then went to devils lake,talked to a guy there fishing for perch and a tip up for pike and he said he was there for over 2hrs and not a bite in 3 moves.He also said he had talked with others and it was about the same.

waterninja
01-23-2016, 09:57 AM
If you would've read the part where I wrote that I talked to several fisherman you might have understood that the fishing was poor for everyone at Ste Anne.I then went to devils lake,talked to a guy there fishing for perch and a tip up for pike and he said he was there for over 2hrs and not a bite in 3 moves.He also said he had talked with others and it was about the same.
Actually I did read that part. Makes no difference. Sure fishing might have been slow but thats why they call it fishing and not catching.
I could give you at least 10 tips on how to fish Anne, starting with locations, baits, timeing and even the lucky Lac st Anne fishing song, but in the end if your going to blame the lake, then you really haven't learned the lesson.
I know a guy who got skunked at Pinehearst. He still went back again.

Deep
01-23-2016, 10:11 AM
A long time ago I heard the quote" 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish" I think this rings true. After many, many years of angling- patience and a great variety of lures works for me.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 10:19 AM
A long time ago I heard the quote" 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish" I think this rings true. After many, many years of angling- patience and a great variety of lures works for me.

no tips needed here,been fishing my whole life and have landed numerous trophies from perch to blue marlin,from Costa Rica to the Yukon and from coast to coast.

Freedom55
01-23-2016, 10:53 AM
I'd say that if a world class angler such as P-P-F says the lake is dead then surely the lake is dead.

Fishermen of his calibre don't get skunked.

Makes you kind of wish you were him.

Not.

Free

Safety D
01-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Waste of time fishing those lakes ....

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 11:02 AM
i'd say that if a world class angler such as p-p-f says the lake is dead then surely the lake is dead.

Fishermen of his calibre don't get skunked.

Makes you kind of wish you were him.

Not.

Free

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

powerbob
01-23-2016, 11:26 AM
yup crapppy lakes . don't bother

livinthedream
01-23-2016, 11:28 AM
A friend is hammering jumbos this morn with less than 2' of water under the ice.He threw 8 in a bag and weighed it,over 13lbs!! What are they eating in such shallow water right now?

Why don't you just go fishing with your friend? He seems to know where there is some decent fishing.:)

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm lucky enough to have multiple contacts province wide,most of the good spots are 3-4hrs from me.Its not worth a 6-8hr drive in a day,I will go when I can stay 2-3 days.

SNAPFisher
01-23-2016, 03:13 PM
As promised, reporting back. First time fishing Lac St Anne. It was a bust for whites for sure. Didn't see a one :(
My buddy saw 3 on the cam. I was sight fishing.

Pike though, caught 5 pretty quick. Single hook, no bait. One lost at the bottom of the hole. All while trying to catch whites. Switched to the cam and a jig and minnow and it was walleye time. Caught one walleye and I swear I thought it had a side fin loose/broken but as I grabbed it the other fish landed on my hand and it was burb sticking out of the walleye's gills. First time for me seeing that. And technically, 2 species on one hook :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/3324brr.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/c22hi.jpg

Not bad for a first time and a morning. Of course, the lake is dead and so is Devil's I hear. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

SNAPFisher
01-23-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm lucky enough to have multiple contacts province wide,most of the good spots are 3-4hrs from me.Its not worth a 6-8hr drive in a day,I will go when I can stay 2-3 days.

Hmmm, maybe you need to call them up...

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 03:18 PM
no need we are in contact when theres a hotspot,so far all the good spots are 3-4 hrs away.In the last few days I have info on 2 lakes with perch up to 2lbs and another with multiple pike in the teens,some over 20.Going next chance i can and spend 3-4 days! oooops had to edit,I forgot about the 6 walleye buddy got over 10lbs!

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 03:20 PM
As promised, reporting back. First time fishing Lac St Anne. It was a bust for whites for sure. Didn't see a one :(
My buddy saw 3 on the cam. I was sight fishing.

Pike though, caught 5 pretty quick. Single hook, no bait. One lost at the bottom of the hole. All while trying to catch whites. Switched to the cam and a jig and minnow and it was walleye time. Caught one walleye and I swear I thought it had a side fin loose/broken but as I grabbed it the other fish landed on my hand and it was burb sticking out of the walleye's gills. First time for me seeing that. And technically, 2 species on one hook :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/3324brr.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/c22hi.jpg

Not bad for a first time and a morning. Of course, the lake is dead and so is Devil's I hear. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

move your hand your covering the whole fish!!!

sureshot
01-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Funny we were on Ste Ann yesterday and landed close to 30 fish. Today we have caught 16

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Funny we were on Ste Ann yesterday and landed close to 30 fish. Today we have caught 16

all together they weighed 6lbs?

canadiantdi
01-23-2016, 03:27 PM
move your hand your covering the whole fish!!!

lol

Talking moose
01-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Was out for an hr. Caught 4 fish. 3 small pike and a small eye. All on a tear drop loaded with maggots. Made the mistake of fishing within sight of the tavern. Here I sit! Lol.

Dewey Cox
01-23-2016, 03:57 PM
So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this thread?
You're not coming across in the best light.

SNAPFisher
01-23-2016, 03:58 PM
no need we are in contact when theres a hotspot,so far all the good spots are 3-4 hrs away.In the last few days I have info on 2 lakes with perch up to 2lbs and another with multiple pike in the teens,some over 20.Going next chance i can and spend 3-4 days! oooops had to edit,I forgot about the 6 walleye buddy got over 10lbs!

Why don't you head and stay for a year or 2. Oh wait. I forgot to mention your prowess. You didn't get skunked at a lake that is drop and catch fishing, you just didn't want to catch those "small" fish. The best thing about someone like you is I just have to comment, sit back, and watch you make an ___ of yourself.

sureshot
01-23-2016, 04:02 PM
all together they weighed 6lbs?

Funny considering my 1 eye was almost 4 lbs. Plus the kids don'tcare how big the fish are just as long as they are catching.

highwood
01-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Why don't you head and stay for a year or 2. Oh wait. I forgot to mention your prowess. You didn't get skunked at a lake that is drop and catch fishing, you just didn't want to catch those "small" fish. The best thing about someone like you is I just have to comment, sit back, and watch you make an ___ of yourself.
^ This. x100.

SNAPFisher
01-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Funny considering my 1 eye was almost 4 lbs. Plus the kids don'tcare how big the fish are just as long as they are catching.

Glad you and the kids did well :)
Congrats!

I'm sure with what you are teaching them they might be able to help out our fellow "fisherman". He did ask for a lot of help on a lot of threads so your kids would be doing him a real solid.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 04:10 PM
well i realize this lake has a zero limit,with hogs like the above mentioned fish I would measure length ,girth and photo beside a tape,then send the info off to get a replica of these trophies!!:bad_boys_20:

Rage.0
01-23-2016, 04:24 PM

:sSig_cool2: Don't forget to post all your pics of 2lb Perch, 20lb Pike and 10lb Walleye when you get back from your trip.

livinthedream
01-23-2016, 04:31 PM
P-P-F the new W&F! The way this thread is going it might qualify for the next "Epic Thread"! This is too good!:sHa_shakeshout:

Astrocyte
01-23-2016, 06:34 PM

Wait...you wait for your contacts to tell you where and when to fish then turn around to say you have the smarts to catch the big ones? Seems to me your buddies are the ones that really know what they are doing.

diamond k
01-23-2016, 06:46 PM
well i realize this lake has a zero limit,with hogs like the above mentioned fish I would measure length ,girth and photo beside a tape,then send the info off to get a replica of these trophies!!:bad_boys_20:

How about 1 photo of these giants you speak of.

I don't know under what name you posted before you were banned but if you want any chance of sticking around this time you might want to not come off like such a jack a s s .

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 06:50 PM

I don't know under what name you posted before you were banned but if you want any chance of sticking around this time you might want to not come off like such a jack a s s .

never been banned,I just like to call bs when I see it.All in fun ribbing guys a bit:sHa_sarcasticlol:

diamond k
01-23-2016, 06:56 PM
never been banned,I just like to call bs when I see it.All in fun ribbing guys a bit:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ok but I we are still waiting on these photos of giants that you have bragged up.

You remind me of a guy I worked with who would have stories off all these 180 inch deer he passed up yet only deer on his wall was 2 140 inch deer that he tried to claim were couse deer yet he had never hunted of Canada

Too much wild tv for some folks

crownb
01-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Wait...you wait for your contacts to tell you where and when to fish then turn around to say you have the smarts to catch the big ones? Seems to me your buddies are the ones that really know what they are doing.

This about sums it up!!! Buddy needs to dial it down a notch. I can wait for the big fishing trip, mostly for the pics of all the 2 pound perch, extremely common.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 07:34 PM
This about sums it up!!! Buddy needs to dial it down a notch. I can wait for the big fishing trip, mostly for the pics of all the 2 pound perch, extremely common.

we all share info,they all came out to Wabamun and slayed 20lb+ pike when i discovered a honey hole

Mackinaw
01-23-2016, 09:13 PM

I just can't understand he joined Dec 2008 but not a word from him till Jan 14 2016 and hasn't shut up since 170+ posts in 10 days seams a little strange ..... and not catching at ste Annes stranger yet.

Mack

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 09:16 PM
busy life since 08

Mackinaw
01-23-2016, 10:45 PM
busy life since 08

Or a bogus account sitting waiting 😉

does it ALL outdoors
01-23-2016, 11:53 PM
I just like to call bs when I see it.
As do I. Wanna know what smells like bull**** in here?

Opa
01-24-2016, 05:02 AM
p-p-f, do you drive a Dodge dually? Has it ever been mentioned to you that if bs were music, you would be directing the New York Philharmonic?

Kim473
01-24-2016, 09:26 AM
:party0052:

This is getting good. Can't wait to see who gets banned and how much longer it runs before beeing closed.

Both those lakes can be good at times. Just like any other lake, the right time and place ! Ohhh, and actualy knowing what your doing of course !

I wouldn't bother with Devils Lake though. Only good for killing an afternoon and getting out of the house.

I like going to St.Anne in the spring and catching 10 + Walleye in a couple hrs. Gotta try it for Whites one day. Hopefully next weekend cause my smoker has been getting bored.

4thredneck
01-24-2016, 10:09 AM
no tips needed here,been fishing my whole life and have landed numerous trophies from perch to blue marlin,from Costa Rica to the Yukon and from coast to coast.

You been fishing or working, a lot of things are conflicting in your life. I'm thinking you need to go back under the bridge you came from.

Brandon5555
01-24-2016, 11:04 AM
Just a mouthpiece

YeeHaw
01-24-2016, 08:47 PM
Just got to know where and when to find the fish on St Anne. Been having a decent year so far, no where near as many walleye as in the summer, but still getting a fair amount every trip