PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coullee Mon.

brandon
02-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Any reports or tips for walleye or burbot.
Thanks,
Brandon

mustard73
02-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I was down there about a month ago and my crew managed to land about 10 burbs. Glow jigs with either a glow or green tail worked, tipped with smelt. We Caught most in roughly 25-30 feet of water straight off the boat launch. One guy was nailing 'eyes but closer to shore. I think he was using smelt as well.

Hope this helps and good luck.

calgarygringo
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
As last post and fish in around 20 ft of water. Anywhere around the boat launch and in front of the campground. We hooked into a dozen or so last week and will be going again tomorrow afternoon for the burbot run.

AlbertaAngler
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
We're heading out tomorrow afternoon as well, see ya there. We'll be in a ford superduty reddish colour with an ice cube. We'll be fishing in the same vicinity, stop in and say hello if you see us.

WalleyeDeitz
02-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Fished Pine Coulee from sun up until 2 hours after sun down on Monday. Spoke to a group at the boat launch that said it was slow. We were by the bridge in deep water and managed to catch 10 or so burbot during the day and 1 Walleye. Then once night hit, we couldnt keep the ling off. Would have stayed later but the cold was starting to make me shake......had a great time. Thanks to this forum, the glow jig is a new hook in my tackle box and it sure seemed to work with the ling......all ling were very small but it was still a blast as we had a couple kids with us.

Good luck out there.

CountryRoadz
02-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Anyone have an update on the ice thickness at Pine Coulee? I have never been here before. Sounds like the entry point is from the boat launch and some where in the vicinoty may be a place to try.

Any suggestions?

SuCraM
02-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Well i was there a couple weeks back and the ice was about 25 inches of nice clear black ice. It is probably still around the same thickness. Just be careful because it is very slippery beacuse it is really good ice. Maybe consider getting some spikes for the bottom of your shoes. The guys I went with had them and they had no problems but I was slipping and sliding everywhere.

goldscud
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM
There's fresh snow on the ice...good traction. Ice is around 2 feet thick.
Ice is very thin under the bridge (1-2"), use caution if fishing around that area.