PDA

View Full Version : RCMP on Rural Breakins in Brazeau County, and Area

Dick284
01-23-2016, 08:08 AM
I don't care for the tone of the RCMP NCO's in this article, it smells of blaming the victim, for a lack of physical presence on the RC's part.
People are frustrated, and victimized, yet the RCMP feel they need to hammer down on the victims for doing what the Mounties don't seem to be doing very well.

http://bigwestcountry.ca/2016/01/residents-trying-to-serve-their-own-justice/

Residents Trying To Serve Their Own Justice

After a string of break and enters and thefts in Tomahawk throughout December, residents are starting to take things into their own hands.

Drayton Valley Staff Sergeant Malcolm Callihoo told Brazeau County council at Tuesday’s meeting, that the RCMP have been receiving disturbing reports of people getting into their vehicles with firearms and going around looking for those responsible for the crime wave.

Callihoo said vigilante justice is unacceptable and won’t be tolerated, and anyone caught will be charged.

He said that the RCMP is doing everything they can by following up on all the break and enters, utilizing all the evidence they have but in the end they might not solve every one or have enough evidence to charge someone in relation to each offence.

Thorsby/Breton RCMP Detachment Commander, Sergeant Corey Kyle told council that if people want to see results from the judicial system, that they need to follow through with it and the best way is to give victim impact statements.

Callihoo said 10 people have arrested, eight are remanded in jail, two are out on bail with conditions and over 40 charges are being laid in connection to the Tomahawk crime wave, with possibly more on the way.

JustMe
01-23-2016, 08:21 AM
There is no place for vigilante justice in our province or country. A justice system is one of the things that separates a civilized nation from the uncivilized. I would hope we never degenerate to anarchy in our country!

The public does however have the right to demand better enforcement of the law. You would do this by petitioning your council, MLA and MP etc.

Dick284
01-23-2016, 08:26 AM
There is no place for vigilante justice in our province or country. A justice system is one of the things that separates a civilized nation from the uncivilized. I would hope we never degenerate to anarchy in our country!

The public does however have the right to demand better enforcement of the law. You would do this by petitioning your council, MLA and MP etc.

In no way am I condoning vigilantism, but the track record of the Mounties being twits and goofs, going after the low hanging fruit, meddling in politics, and worrying about media sound bites, is now pushing victims to do things on their own.
Perception easily becomes reality, and until such things are acknowledged by the RCMp, expect people to do what the yellow stripes seem to be failing to do......

Just say'n, fix your image, and do some police work for a change.

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 08:28 AM
It is quite apparent that in this case the RCMP is not capable of dealing with this crime wave, and the thieves don't appear to fear the RCMP enough to stop their criminal activities. I do like the idea that they are reporting that armed citizens are supposedly patrolling the area, as just the thought of this happening may make the thieves think twice about continuing this crime wave. The thieves are probably a lot more scared of armed civilians, than they are of the police, and I find that in itself disturbing.

The problem is that there is no justice system in Canada, we have a legal system instead. And if you look at the number of repeat offenders in Canada, it;s obvious that our legal system is inneffective at deterring criminal activity. The government and the authorities seem to be more interested in making more laws, than in enforcing the laws that we have. One example is the government and RCMP making more restrictive laws for law abiding citizens to obey, instead of dealing more harshly with people that use firearms in their criminal activities.

JustMe
01-23-2016, 08:31 AM
In no way am I condoning vigilantism, but the track record of the Mounties being twits and *****s, going after the low hanging fruit, meddling in politics, and worrying about media sound bites, is now pushing victims to do things on their own.
Perception easily becomes reality, and until such things are acknowledged by the RCMp, expect people to do what the yellow stripes seem to be failing to do......

Not arguing. My point is, have we put enough or any pressure on our politicians that we want our laws enforced and we're tired of the crappy sentences etc for those convicted? I, for one, don't believe we have. We seem to be content to sit idle until it affects us directly then howl...... Real deterrents, in my opinion, will go a long way towards quelling the amount of crime we have today.

Hat in the Cat
01-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Once oil settles and the NDP are out of office, perhaps this province can coral the RCMP to the cities for Federal cases and form a provincial police force to patrol smaller communities and highways.

Dick284
01-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Not arguing. My point is, have we put enough or any pressure on our politicians that we want our laws enforced and we're tired of the crappy sentences etc for those convicted? I, for one, don't believe we have. We seem to be content to sit idle until it affects us directly then howl...... Real deterrents, in my opinion, will go a long way towards quelling the amount of crime we have today.

This is rural Alberta, where the mantra still is, we handle things ourself, and keep the politicians out of my life is a strong desire.

Remember a Government powerful enough to give you everything you want, is also powerful enough to take everything away from you as well.

elkdump
01-23-2016, 08:41 AM
In no way am I condoning vigilantism, but the track record of the Mounties being twits and goofs, going after the low hanging fruit, meddling in politics, and worrying about media sound bites, is now pushing victims to do things on their own.

And consider when you take a close look at the average RCMP recruit these days ?

The end result graduating officers isn't fit to be security guards at a land fill location,
The hiring process boggled by political direction to hire on a basis of sex , race , and special minorities,
What a f' in joke

When these lackadaisical low achiever cops do manage to locate a crook ? The limp wrist judges turn the crooks loose with swift resolve , and in many cases enabling the looser crook by sympathizing with his lame excuse for being a dirt bag,

And on and on and on,,,,

I think maybe King Ralph had it Right > S.S.S.

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 08:41 AM
Remember a Government powerful enough to give you everything you want, is also powerful enough to take everything away from you as well.

And recently, our governments seem a lot more interested in taking away than giving.

Dick284
01-23-2016, 08:51 AM
It's funny how some folks got it, and others still don't.

chris762
01-23-2016, 08:52 AM
It seems the way things are going there will a lot more "vigilante justice" wanting to end the criminals way of life. People are upset and afraid, the justice system is failing the victims, and people have no other choice but to take the law into their own hands.
My Aunt and Uncle were having a few friends over to their house on an acreage about 15-20 years ago, a group of intoxicated/drugged out young people show up and walk into the house saying 'We're here to party!' They were at the wrong address so were kindly asked to leave, then one punk pulled out a hand-gun, no one knew it was a replica, and started waving it around. Well, not sure of the sequence of events, but the punks ended up out-side the house, and their vehicle got some lights and tires shot out by my uncle with a .22, who was a crack shot. Punks were charged by the cops when they finally did show up, as they couldn't drive away, and a stern warning given to my uncle.
Try that these days and see how soon you are in court, defending your-self for defending family and friends.

horse_men
01-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Being watchful over neighbors and property in an area where there is little to no actual police patrols or presence does not mean one is a vigilante. Looking out for one another or scaring away potential criminals by simply being present and aware does not harm anyone. Rural crime watch groups have stepped up to watch over these areas, now they are being labelled as vigilantes for simply watching out for themselves in an area well known to be a target for criminals. police coming after the fact does not stop the crime in progress, they may or may not catch the actual criminals later, but neighbors showing a presence by watching over each other will certainly send the message for the criminals to go elsewhere.

histyle
01-23-2016, 09:12 AM

Canadians no longer have a justice system, we have a legal industry. The public has been demanding better enforcement of the law for years, but it's not happening, as that would interfere with the bureaucracy of said legal industry.

Saying that vigilante justice is a step towards anarchy is correct, but the same goes for not having an accountable 'justice' system. When criminals are have the ability to victimize people on their terms, with apparently no repercussions, that in itself is anarchy.

Ralph did have it right, s.s.s.

elkdump
01-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Canadians no longer have a justice system, we have a legal industry. The public has been demanding better enforcement of the law for years, but it's not happening, as that would interfere with the bureaucracy of said legal industry.

Saying that vigilante justice is a step towards anarchy is correct, but the same goes for not having an accountable 'justice' system. When criminals are have the ability to victimize people on their terms, with apparently no repercussions, that in itself is anarchy.

Ralph did have it right, s.s.s.

An old engine block and a piece of chain goes a long way to prevent replete offenders

hal53
01-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Where you live now, what would your reasonable expectation of a response time be for the police if you called them and said somebody is breaking into your garage?

6tmile
01-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Up in the Evansburg, Wildwood area some years ago, There was a rash of theft going on. I heard that some of the local boys had gotten together to oust some of the problem out of the area. When the vermin were caught they were given a "hickory shampoo". After said "hickory shampoo" the vermin were told that if anything else went missing in the area this treatment would be "repeated as necessary" even if it wasn't them. This grooming practice was only repeated a couple of times thereafter. It definitely helped slow down the little crime wave.

elkdump
01-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Where you live now, what would your reasonable expectation of a response time be for the police if you called them and said somebody is breaking into your garage?

Myself. 32 klms from the local FiveO, had breakin in progress( 9:30pm) mid week ,

The RCMP Response time ? >>>>> 3 hours and 45 minutes , oh yes' dry roads,early fall weather, no fog, rain etc

The dirt bags were long gone, so were the neighbours belongings,

I vented on the Sleepy Duo ( 2 cops ) ( Dum & Dummer ) I wouldn't be calling their lazy ^sses the next time , I would take care of it MYSELF !

They didn't like that , and said I could get in trouble I replied " From WHO" and slammed the door of my house and turned off the yard lights !

Bushrat
01-23-2016, 09:34 AM
have we put enough or any pressure on our politicians that we want our laws enforced and we're tired of the crappy sentences etc for those convicted? I, for one, don't believe we have. .

Yes we have put enough pressure, problem is we seem to be a minority or at least we are not being heard, The majority of political officials out there seem to believe in not punishing criminals but rather 'rehabilitating' them. They haven't figured out the success rates of a real and useful rehabilitation of criminals is near nil. Until these people become the victims of crime not much is going to change. Add to that the Legal system is built and it's livelihood is dependant on a revolving door sentencing system that is required to sustain the bloated over sized industry it has become.

To effect change of the system politicians and judiciary must be victimized for them to understand. As long as politicians, judges, police officials, lawyers are wealthy enough to live in secure neighborhoods and are rarely victimized they will Listen to the crap spewed by criminal advocates and groups like the John Howard society things will never change.

rugatika
01-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Wrong! There absolutely is a place for vigilante justice in our province and country.

I have been saying this for months now. If the police and the "justice" system don't get a handle on this then the people will do so out of necessity. We have and pay for a justice system to ensure peace and order. We don't pay for a justice system in the hopes that they will be able to line their pockets over the course of their career. When these people fail to provide peace and order it is fully within the rights of citizens to re-instate that peace and order of their own accord. (and I would argue that we as a society are OBLIGED to do so)

IF the police and the legal beagles have a problem with people doing their job for them, then they had better get to work. Start arresting actual criminals, AND putting them in prison. Quit hassling law abiding citizens that are getting frustrated with the lack of law and order.

By the way, in my opinion the bullk of blame lies on lax sentencing by liberal judges and prosecutors. Out of 10 or 20 crimes committed, I suspect only 1 will result in an arrest, and likely a similar ratio of those arrests result in actual time served of any consequence.

Anecdotally: When I was a younger lad growing up in a rural farming community, there was a farmer that had stumbled upon a sticky finger type leaving his house. A shotgun was fired and some pellets hit the guy in an ankle. The farmer was cautioned by the police that he really shouldn't have done that. The end.

JustMe
01-23-2016, 10:05 AM
A lot of valid and perhaps not so valid points made on here. I still do not condone vigilante justice and luckily, IMO, neither does most of our society.

I continue to maintain we don't do enough to reverse the current trend in the justice system. The squeaky wheel will get the grease, and by that, I don't mean just a few of us complaining on here. Whether you like them or not, the majority of gains made to our system have been through peaceful protest. Examples would include women getting the right to vote, same sex marriages etc etc. You may not support all the causes, but those who do have done something about it instead of just complaining on a forum.

We can have better police presence, but remember that will cost taxes and we don't seem willing to pay for everything we want. Even if the police do catch 100% of the bad guys, the court system is so out of whack that little happens to them. That's where the change needs real change IMO.

Mr Conservation
01-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Things really took a turn for the worse when they changed the name of a penitentiary to a "correctional facility". Even if they are caught and sentenced to "federal time" they are out long before their sentence is over due to "mandatory release". :mad0100:

I'm not advocating locking them up by the thousands the way they do south of the border, as I don't think that totally solves the problem. Some people do make a mistake, do their time, and are never heard from again. However repeat offenders obviously don't get the message and should be dealt with accordingly.

Years ago, when I was working in a Provincial Park, there was a group of inmates from a work camp working in the park. One of the inmates stole a radio from the shop. When discovered his work privileges were revoked, but even better was the justice served by his fellow inmates who feared losing their opportunity to work "outside the walls".

If caught breaking into someone's house or property, or caught stealing, then some of these people need a real "tune up" :Lightning:, as it is more than they will get from the legal system.

Just my thoughts....

Mr Conservation

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
01-23-2016, 10:11 AM
There will never be enough law enforcement to protect canadains in real life situations and the only thing they could be effective at is imposing longer sentences for those convicted. This is long over due

I have no sympathy for those who break and enter people's homes and I hope next time we read about these circumstances it's because someone was forced to stop the threat imposing them selves and their family.

This is not vigilante justice and is merely protecting your family and self from harm. The odds are there would be a firearm envolved but it would be nice to hear a person was forced to protect them selves with a large spear or machete and the intruder was killed in the process.

The odds don't stack up in such a scenario because if they are brave enough to unlawfully enter someone's dwelling they are prepared for it going south as well. Tough on crime is the best answer and is long over due in today's society of people getting off so easily because of cost as the bottom line.

All these billions of dollars we will be paying for a very long time under the liberals could be well spent if they wanted it to be, especially now that the justice system will have hundreds of millions not being wasted in court rooms and jails for marijuana crimes.

bobtodrick
01-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Results of vigilante justice.
The bad guy is armed and 'bang' your dead...or
You have a weapon things go south and you kill the guy...minimum (even if the guys a thief) 7 years in the can for you.
You have (or should have) insurance...your precious ATV will be replaced.
On the other hand...there is no excuse for the response time of police these days. And it isn't the cops fault...I've been on ride alongs and there is a lot more to their jobs than a lot of bozo's here realize.
But WTF...we have lots of tax dollars (it seems) to build a new arena for the basement dwelling Oilers than we do for policing (I know this doesn't apply to rural areas but there is the same B.S. there).

6tmile
01-23-2016, 10:37 AM
You have a weapon things go south and you kill the guy...minimum (even if the guys a thief) 7 years in the can for you.
On the other hand...there is no excuse for the response time of police these days. And it isn't the cops fault...I've been on ride alongs and there is a lot more to their jobs than a lot of bozo's here realize.
But WTF...we have lots of tax dollars (it seems) to build a new arena for the basement dwelling Oilers than we do for policing (I know this doesn't apply to rural areas but there is the same B.S. there).

In a rural setting, when seconds count the RCMP are minutes away. As for "You have (or should have) insurance...your precious ATV will be replaced." This comment is becoming the norm from law enforcement and is getting to be ridiculous.

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 10:41 AM
If we are going to reduce this type of break in and theft, we need to change the laws. If we were to allow lethal force to be used on anyone caught breaking into a home, there would be fewer break ins. Make it a case of you can't shoot unless he is in your home, but once he has entered the home, he is fair game. Bring back the death penalty for murder. Bring back hard labor for all people sentenced to prison, create an actual deterrent to a life of crime. For lesser crimes, bring back corporal punishment. We could reduce crime if we wanted to, but some people don't want to reduce crime enough to make it a possibility.

hal53
01-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Tell you what, you can pay the deductible and buy a new ATV, the next time it happens, you can pay a higher deductible and higher insurance rates because some low life scum thought he should have one and not you. I will make sure my ATV stays where it belongs Thank You......

bobtodrick
01-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Tell you what, you can pay the deductible and buy a new ATV, the next time it happens, you can pay a higher deductible and higher insurance rates because some low life scum thought he should have one and not you. I will make sure my ATV stays where it belongs Thank You......

So saving that deductible will count lots when your kid asks their mom why daddy is in jail for the next 7 years.

Hat in the Cat
01-23-2016, 10:59 AM
So saving that deductible will count lots when your kid asks their mom why daddy is in jail for the next 7 years.

I would smile every day in my cell knowing my kid wasn't asking me why the man killed mommy for the rest of my life...

jhl
01-23-2016, 11:06 AM

was at a Crime Watch meeting where the DV RCMP attended and were quite proud of the fact that the Brazeau County gave them over 300k for extra patrols and they only used a little over 100k, said they were saving tax payers money. Go Figure the logic.

hal53
01-23-2016, 11:17 AM
Pretty sure I didn't say I was going to shoot anybody?, but make sure you have a nice cozy spot in your basement to hide in while your garage/shop is being cleaned out.....

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 11:21 AM
was at a Crime Watch meeting where the DV RCMP attended and were quite proud of the fact that the Brazeau County gave them over 300k for extra patrols and they only used a little over 100k, said they were saving tax payers money. Go Figure the logic.

So they are proud that they didn't use the money that they were allotted to protect the public? You can't fix stupid.:rolleye2:

powerbob
01-23-2016, 11:22 AM
You have a weapon things go south and you kill the guy...minimum (even if the guys a thief) 7 years in

the rcmp should instead take away our guns and it will all be ok :angry3:

Savage addict
01-23-2016, 11:22 AM

When was the last time you heard of manslaughter resulting in anything more than a couple years?? I know of a life long criminal, who got drunk and stabbed his friend while they were fighting. POS got five years. Now he's in remand in red deer for the exact same thing. Drunk at bar and stabbed a guy to death. Two lives lost because of our weak weak weak justice system.

My wife works in a jail and pediphiles are serving weekends. And it's the norm for people to check in for their weekends drunk or hi. Even with conditions to obstain, they still get out Sunday night. WTF?

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 11:23 AM
The biggest problem is the cops attitude,I know a few guys that have had their acreages robbed,guns,quads,snowmobiles etc. One guy I know told me the cops wouldn't even come out to finger print or take pictures etc.....they told him to take pics and send to his insurance company! Last yr the wife was following a post on FB with pics of the crooks and their truck,every few minutes someone would post they seen them.These idiots must have been on FB too because they ditched the truck for another.About an hr in all posts were erased,I contacted 2 friends in the area about these guys in the area,both text back....locked and loaded! The next morn 2 were arrested by Fort Assiniboine with a stolen truck/trailer and a whole load of goodies!

Blame the RCMP for people getting mad and our justice system for giving these parasites a slap on the wrist!

Mistagin
01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes we have put enough pressure, problem is we seem to be a minority or at least we are not being heard, The majority of political officials out there seem to believe in not punishing criminals but rather 'rehabilitating' them. They haven't figured out the success rates of a real and useful rehabilitation of criminals is near nil. Until these people become the victims of crime not much is going to change. Add to that the Legal system is built and it's livelihood is dependant on a revolving door sentencing system that is required to sustain the bloated over sized industry it has become.

To effect change of the system politicians and judiciary must be victimized for them to understand. As long as politicians, judges, police officials, lawyers are wealthy enough to live in secure neighborhoods and are rarely victimized they will Listen to the crap spewed by criminal advocates and groups like the John Howard society things will never change.

Right and well said. Recent news pointed out that the Liberals now want to reverse 'tougher on criminals' legislation the Harper Conservatives passed, and make it easier for convicted criminals. The 'hug a thug' mentality is back in charge :thinking-006:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-criminal-justice-pardons-1.3412533
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/undoing-the-tories-a-guide-to-harperisms-that-the-liberals-have-or-might-kill

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
01-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Get firearms liability insurance and make sure you follow the law.
Having items that mean a lot to you are not considered grounds for taking a life and you would loose the battle.
There is nothing wrong with letting will be thieves know people are present and watching.
This can be done easily with out letting such people know you have a firearm handy. If a situation escalated given it's a rural area, back off and call it in.

We definitely don't need any more negative publicity that the media feeds on

I still believe that the castle doctrine is the best solution but until it's on paper we are limited.

Sooner
01-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Pretty sure I didn't say I was going to shoot anybody?, but make sure you have a nice cozy spot in your basement to hide in while your garage/shop is being cleaned out.....

If your rural, couple blasts from a shot gun in the area of the perps should get their attention and get them changing plans. Who needs to shoot anyone. :) Try that in the city and it's a whole different ball game.

Real crappy how bad the rural folks are being targeted.

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 12:17 PM
If your rural, couple blasts from a shot gun in the area of the perps should get their attention and get them changing plans. Who needs to shoot anyone. :) Try that in the city and it's a whole different ball game.

Exactly, who is going to call the police? Certainly not the thieves. And they don't know if you are shooting at them or not, so they likely won't be back. And if you are paranoid about someone calling the police, and having them accuse you of shooting at someone, clean the firearm, have a good shower, and change clothes, and there will be no evidence of you having fired any firearms recently.:)

histyle
01-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Exactly, who is going to call the police? Certainly not the thieves. And they don't know if you are shooting at them or not, so they likely won't be back. And if you are paranoid about someone calling the police, and having them accuse you of shooting at someone, clean the firearm, have a good shower, and change clothes, and there will be no evidence of you having fired any firearms recently.:)

At least you had the testicular fortitude to say what I'm thinking! :)

rugatika
01-23-2016, 12:24 PM
The biggest problem is the cops attitude,I know a few guys that have had their acreages robbed,guns,quads,snowmobiles etc. One guy I know told me the cops wouldn't even come out to finger print or take pictures etc.....they told him to take pics and send to his insurance company! Last yr the wife was following a post on FB with pics of the crooks and their truck,every few minutes someone would post they seen them.These idiots must have been on FB too because they ditched the truck for another.About an hr in all posts were erased,I contacted 2 friends in the area about these guys in the area,both text back....locked and loaded! The next morn 2 were arrested by Fort Assiniboine with a stolen truck/trailer and a whole load of goodies!

Blame the RCMP for people getting mad and our justice system for giving these parasites a slap on the wrist!

I have some issues with the RCMP, but to be fair, I can see it being very demoralizing for them.

I had a car broken into once and the RCMP caught the guy with my plate and a bunch of break in tools, big knives etc. He was a 40something career criminal with a rap sheet that filled a novel. RCMP asked me to testify and they were quite sure he would going away for a long stint. I took a day off work and sat in court the whole day waiting for his trial. Judge took a gander at the charges, his lifelong commitment to crime and gave him a "time served, smarten up". My faith in the justice system has been on the wain ever since.

Everyone should go and sit in court for a day to get an idea of how our "justice system" works.

OpenRange
01-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Everyone who lives in rural Alberta knows, "if you have seconds, the police take minutes". I quit relying on them to serve rural Albertans a long time ago. We have had problems with trespassing and have called them and they tell me not to worry about it. I have to pursue the trespasser in my vehicle before it increases the call rating where they will even send a unit, and they send one because they are worried about me causing a situation to get worse, not because they want to handle the original issue. If they want rural Albertans to trust them and take them seriously they need to act on the calls that come in, not pick and choose. PS, after pursuing a trespasser I drove by a Tim Hortons on the way to the police station to speak with them about their lack of action, they had 2 units sitting in the parking lot with the officers inside getting I'm sure coffee and their beloved donuts. That really ticks a guy off when you call and that's how much they care to respond.

waiting41
01-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Im pretty sure there are a few guys on this thread that have never been in need of police assistance, while knowing it may be 2 to 3 hours away.......certain situations can quickly change the way a person thinks.
I'm sure i still have the right to protect my family, myself, and my stuff.....

CaberTosser
01-23-2016, 12:53 PM
The RCMP officer quoted needs his head shoved up his own backside. The police are getting carried away in telling the citizens what to do based not upon the law, but upon the recommendations from their lawyers. We are legally allowed to conduct citizens arrests and we are legally allowed to use force in self defence (defense, not offense mind you). The police seem to forget that any additional legal leeway they are granted in arrest, carrying weapons or use of force is granted by we the citizens. They do not get to issue stern warnings to tell people not to perform citizens arrests or to not protect their own property. That is utter idiocy when the legal counsel of the police departments worry so much about liability that they'd sooner trample upon our rights than be involved in a lawsuit. If a rural type happens to have a varmint gun in their vehicle so be it, just because it was in the truck when the perp happened to get a whooping from fighting during their legal arrest then that's not relevant to the issue at hand. That issue being the unaccountability of the judiciary in perpetually re-releasing recidivist dirt-bags. With the economy as it is, its just going to get worse.

Opa
01-23-2016, 01:41 PM

My father, bless his memory always had some 12 ga. shotshells loaded with rock salt. Amazing, when the old double barrel made noise, the vehicle(s) that were in the yard left in a hurry. More than one had their blue jeans shredded in the arse area!!! The cops never bothered him, even though they knew the results of an uninvited visit in the middle of the night!!!

elkdump
01-23-2016, 01:51 PM
The RCMP officer quoted needs his head shoved up his own backside. The police are getting carried away in telling the citizens what to do based not upon the law, but upon the recommendations from their lawyers. We are legally allowed to conduct citizens arrests and we are legally allowed to use force in self defence (defense, not offense mind you). The police seem to forget that any additional legal leeway they are granted in arrest, carrying weapons or use of force is granted by we the citizens. They do not get to issue stern warnings to tell people not to perform citizens arrests or to not protect their own property. That is utter idiocy when the legal counsel of the police departments worry so much about liability that they'd sooner trample upon our rights than be involved in a lawsuit. If a rural type happens to have a varmint gun in their vehicle so be it, just because it was in the truck when the perp happened to get a whooping from fighting during their legal arrest then that's not relevant to the issue at hand. That issue being the unaccountability of the judiciary in perpetually re-releasing recidivist dirt-bags. With the economy as it is, its just going to get worse.

hahaha, couple of years back I cornered 2 dirt bags inside my neighbours truck about 2 am in the morning , the neighbor away for a few days asked me to keep 6 on his property,
Well all I had with me when I left my yard was a short handled spade, when I caught the 2 sh:t bags I the pickup, tearing the dash apart, the 1 came out with a large screwdriver when I told him to be still, stay where he is' I had already called the popo's
When his head cleared the door of truck and his screwdriver still pointing at my face, he got the flat side of the spáde on his head with a echoing BONG, his accomplice lay perfectly still on the floor of the truck till the cops arrived ábout 40 minutes later, the guy I smacked with the spade woke up about 5 minutes after being tuned in , and was completely cooperative till the cops came .

The cops were quite happy to throw them in the car with the stolen articles, take them to court to get set free

Word traveled fast and far,

B&E,s dropped by 99.9% in our rural community for the next couple years,,,

And while we were all waiting for the cops to come I explained to them the concept from King Ralph's book of solutions,

Apparently S.S.S , was easy to understand if you paid attention

mudbug
01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
How can you have faith in the rcmp when they've never had to answer for their performance in High River and other incidents? :thinking-006:

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 02:30 PM
How can you have faith in the rcmp when they've never had to answer for their performance in High River and other incidents? :thinking-006:

Every incident where they are not held accountable for their actions, further diminishes the trust that the public has for them. That is unfortunate given the great respect that the public had for them many years ago.

elkdump
01-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Every incident where they are not held accountable for their actions, further diminishes the trust that the public has for them. That is unfortunate given their once stellar reputation.

Kinda like every time a POS walks out of a courtroom free and giggling with contempt , more likely he will be back at shxt disturbing quicker than the last time and for bigger issues !

coolpete1
01-23-2016, 02:41 PM
i have an empty septic tank in a field for someone dumb enough to break in here , i'll let the cops know where to pick him up after a week or so. not my fault if he fell in while escaping capture.

elkhunter11
01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Kinda like every time a POS walks out of a courtroom free and giggling with contempt , more likely he will be back at shxt disturbing quicker than the last time and for bigger issues !

Exactly, the legal system has become a big joke for many of them.

skidderman
01-23-2016, 02:46 PM
The other day someone I know got stopped east of Edmonton. Three sheriff cars. What were they looking for? Tinted windshields is what the sheriff said. Wether RCMP or Sheriff that is where our tax money is going. Meanwhile we are getting to a point where the frustration of the system is getting to a boiling point. For the do-gooder's that think petitioning the current government for tougher laws is going to make a difference all I can say to you is sure!!! Good luck on that one.

elkdump
01-23-2016, 02:47 PM
i have an empty septic tank in a field for someone dumb enough to break in here , i'll let the cops know where to pick him up after a week or so. not my fault if he fell in while escaping capture.

2 weeks in the septic tank and a quick escape aided by a hydro-vac would certainly guarantee Rehabilitation , and the cost to taxpayers very reasonable, might I add :test:

last minute
01-23-2016, 03:33 PM
I love the internet :) truly entertaining:sHa_shakeshout:

JimPS
01-23-2016, 04:22 PM
B&E,s dropped by 99.9% in our rural community for the next couple years,,,

And while we were all waiting for the cops to come I explained to them the concept from King Ralph's book of solutions,

Apparently S.S.S , was easy to understand if you paid attention

That would have been fun explaining the King Ralph Doctrine to the greaser you just bonked with the short handled spade.

Priceless.

Mulehahn
01-23-2016, 08:07 PM
First of all, People are allowed to patrol around their properties, and their neighbours. In fact, it is often encouraged in cities and in the country. It is also very rare that any ranchers I know don't toss a rifle in the truck when cheking things out in case of predators, a injured animal, anything. I fail to see what the RCMP is taking issue with as no laws are being broken.

A seperate issue issue is the killing an intruder. Then that raises the issue of how do they prove you knew. Anyone remember the woman who killed her husband, in NewFoundland I believe, claiming she thought he was a bear. Now in that case the RCMP never charged her, and it was only after it came to light that she had planned the whole thing that American police charged her.

Simple hypotheseis. I shoot a bear and it turns into a person. There is no way the police could prove I knew someone was going to be breaking into my barn or truck at a certain time so that is not an issue. The fact that it is quite common to have bears on my property also gives my belief that is was a bear credibility. I can legally shoot a bear so in reality what have I done wrong?. In low light I saw a bear damaging my property, I went a got my legaly stored firearm, came back and shot it. Pretty simple. Just a terrible accident.

Kurt505
01-23-2016, 09:44 PM
The way the RCMP are handling the rural break-ins is pathetic to put it nicely.

roper1
01-23-2016, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=bobtodrick;3117120]You have (or should have) insurance...your precious ATV will be replaced.

You've mentioned this ride along with the cops before, do you really think they're taking a citizen to Timmies just to show you how busy they aren't???

Rural break-ins are a civil matter now, between you & your insurance co. Not many of us on this forum have ever one-upped them yet. So the cops we pay to serve & protect have other things to do........

243 wild cat
01-23-2016, 09:55 PM

X2 on this Dick284 :mad3:
I had a truck broken into and stolen once and the RCMP caught the 2 guys and a girl with my truck 2 days later with meth for drugs two stolen guns, knives bats & a welder. They the 2 punk scumbags had a career criminal rap sheet that filled a novel. RCMP had said they were quite sure they would going away for a long stint. After there trial a Judge gave the charges, for the lifelong commitment to crime and drugs and gave them a one year!!! time served!, with a smarten up" get some help BULL ****!! Rehabilitation crap for the two of them & the girl walked. Had did some reserch 7 months later found out they were both out in 6 1/2 months. One was back in jail two months later form getting out for the same **** but this time it was a house:snapoutofit:. My faith in the justice system will never be what i go for ever! till i see things change for the people in peace. I'll go with what i think is safe for me and my family and that will be that.

Talking moose
01-24-2016, 05:21 AM
The other day someone I know got stopped east of Edmonton. Three sheriff cars. What were they looking for? Tinted windshields is what the sheriff said. Wether RCMP or Sheriff that is where our tax money is going. Meanwhile we are getting to a point where the frustration of the system is getting to a boiling point. For the do-gooder's that think petitioning the current government for tougher laws is going to make a difference all I can say to you is sure!!! Good luck on that one.

Tickets for petty stuff...(tinted windows) pays the bills, catching theives and scumbags costs money. And our justice system is the same way of thinking, the shorter the sentence, the less it will cost to feed and house these criminals. Sick.

58thecat
01-24-2016, 06:52 AM

Yeah going around looking for trouble will end ya up six feet under. Unless being in immediate danger as in a plug coming through your door, whack em, but dont go out looking for the plug or plugs because like I mentioned you will more than likely end up six feet under or in jail.

58thecat
01-24-2016, 06:55 AM
Im pretty sure there are a few guys on this thread that have never been in need of police assistance, while knowing it may be 2 to 3 hours away.......certain situations can quickly change the way a person thinks.
I'm sure i still have the right to protect my family, myself, and my stuff.....

Yep but don't jump in a truck and go on a man hunt...might be your last hunt,
These are criminals, and as in all packs, one or two are really bad...choices.

Bushrat
01-24-2016, 10:02 AM

Catch 22, inaction from our councils, MLA, MP, etc are going nowhere, Harper was trying for stiffer repercussions for crime. Trudeau wants to go back to lighter sentences and more 'rehalibitation'. The officials are leaving the public hanging in the wind at the mercy of criminals. The officials are forcing the hand of the public and Vigilante justice will become common place, what else is the public supposed to do?

elkdump
01-24-2016, 10:10 AM
That would have been fun explaining the King Ralph Doctrine to the greaser you just bonked with the short handled spade.

Priceless.

I explained with great patience while waiting for the cops, that a shovel could be utilized In several different ways,

1 to smack something with the flat surface which is very painful,, but seldom fatal,

2 to smack something with the sharp side/edge of the spade, which most certainly would be fatal,,

3 to dig a deep hole and cover something up if option # 2 has been utilized , thus NO ONE EVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED DURING OPTION # 2

This really seamed to get their attention,,,,,,,

243 wild cat
01-25-2016, 05:41 PM
I explained with great patience while waiting for the cops, that a shovel could be utilized In several different ways,

1 to smack something with the flat surface which is very painful,, but seldom fatal,

2 to smack something with the sharp side/edge of the spade, which most certainly would be fatal,,

3 to dig a deep hole and cover something up if option # 2 has been utilized , thus NO ONE EVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED DURING OPTION # 2

This really seamed to get their attention,,,,,,,

Buy what you hear lately it may be happing now or real soon buy what all them scumbags seem to be doing. If they think going around looking for trouble will end ya up six feet under. Just a thought but if it works then so be it! :budo:

deerassassin
01-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Another reason why we should be allowed to have property rights in Canada. "Hang em high"

Swampratt
01-25-2016, 07:21 PM
I certainly don't condone some of the extremes that have been mentioned, but it's also real tough to understand just what an alone feeling it really is when rural break ins occur. Even if there is immediate police response, RCMP have a massive area to cover in some counties, and it is just you and the thieves. Lucky for my one occurrence I have a dog that really likes things left just the way they are.
The initial post in this thread is on brazeau county, and though I don't live there, I'm aware of just how many years the crime has been rampant out there. We don't even camp out there anymore cause I hate coming home with the truck lighter every second time. I dont think I could blame a brazeau county resident for taking action, you can only take so much, a message needs to be sent to these thieves

Red Bullets
01-25-2016, 10:44 PM
The area's RCMP needs to set up a bait farm or bait campsite like city police use a bait car to catch car thieves and fish & wildlife use a mechanical deer to catch poachers.

purgatory.sv
01-25-2016, 11:19 PM
As a person who values respect, be careful. React if you are present.

End it at that point.

After that, you as an outdoors person can manipulate potential events.

Good luck.

Savage addict
01-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Braseau county is really close to rocky (Clearwater county) and massive amounts of theft are occurring daily. Every night an alley get ransacked. Note the close proximity to ochese. I like to hunt around there, hopefully the thefts slow down before a new game animal starts presenting itself.....

Bushrat
01-26-2016, 07:58 AM
Braseau county is really close to rocky (Clearwater county) and massive amounts of theft are occurring daily. Every night an alley get ransacked. Note the close proximity to ochese. I like to hunt around there, hopefully the thefts slow down before a new game animal starts presenting itself.....

It's no worse than anywhere else in the oil patch, It's a constant problem in every similar rural area with hotspots of thievery breaking out here and there from time to time.