PDA

View Full Version : Jigging techniques for walleye

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 08:49 PM
I use these 3 basic techniques when ice fishing:

1-i will raise and drop silver spoons that flutter down of diff sizes,no tail

2-jig lipless rattle baits silver or tiger pattern tipped with minnow head

3-basic jig n minnow,jig it lightly but rapid 2" off the bottom,lay it on the bottom for 10 secs min,repeat......if nothing i lift it and hold it dead still for 10-20 secs,back to the bottom.Next i lift fairly rapidly about 3' and let it fall and stop it slightly as it drops.If after 10 min i get nothing its time for live leaches or worms with same techniques.

For extra slow bites I leave it dead on the bottom for extra long ,often down sizing too with a stinger

PlayDoh
01-23-2016, 09:00 PM
I find what works one day, won't the next, and what works on one lake is useless on another.
I'll do some quick rips with a crank bait to make some noise. I'll also drop a 3/4 oz spoon off the bottom, of a rock if I can find one.
This time of year I'm finding less action to dead stick is preferred.

huntsfurfish
01-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Im a fish whisperer, I let them tell me what they want.:)

EZM
01-23-2016, 09:07 PM
I find what works one day, won't the next, and what works on one lake is useless on another.
I'll do some quick rips with a crank bait to make some noise. I'll also drop a 3/4 oz spoon off the bottom, of a rock if I can find one.
This time of year I'm finding less action to dead stick is preferred.

Agreed - todays ticket was pounding the sand/silt bottom (with no fish around) and then, when they appear (often circling in and slowly cruising in) just barely twitching it down to have the walleyes strike just as it hit the silt. Any jigging and they were gone like a bolt of lightning.

pinelakeperch
01-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Is there a point to this thread? You aren't enquiring about anything, you're just telling us the basic ways in which you jig for walleye.

You've started 23 threads in less than seven days, none of which are of much substance.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Is there a point to this thread? You aren't enquiring about anything, you're just telling us the basic ways in which you jig for walleye.

You've started 23 threads in less than seven days, none of which are of much substance.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

highwood
01-23-2016, 09:43 PM
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Alright, can a moderator can this guy already. He's plugging up the board with garbage and I'm fairly certain most would agree with my request.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 09:46 PM
threads are for adding your tid bit of info

Nester
01-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Alright, can a moderator can this guy already. He's plugging up the board with garbage and I'm fairly certain most would agree with my request.

:happy0180:

pinelakeperch
01-23-2016, 09:58 PM
61 posts today, and counting.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK
01-23-2016, 09:59 PM
61 posts today, and counting.

this thread is about jigging

pinelakeperch
01-23-2016, 10:04 PM
this thread is about jigging

These are great for jigging:

http://i.imgur.com/9r6Ph2w.jpg

drhu22
01-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Is there a point to this thread? You aren't enquiring about anything, you're just telling us the basic ways in which you jig for walleye. You've started 23 threads in less than seven days, none of which are of much substance.

What's the problem? He's sharing useful information about fishing on a fishing thread. It's appreciated by me, and I'm sure some others. His comment of "soooooooooooo" is completely understandable... somewhat similar to :confused:, which is how I feel about your post (confused).

Thanks for the info PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK, EZM, and PlayDoh.

pinelakeperch
01-24-2016, 12:47 PM
What's the problem? He's sharing useful information about fishing on a fishing thread. It's appreciated by me, and I'm sure some others. His comment of "soooooooooooo" is completely understandable... somewhat similar to :confused:, which is how I feel about your post (confused).

Thanks for the info PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK, EZM, and PlayDoh.

The guy is trolling the forum and ****ing multiple people off. Are you telling me that with 1000+ posts on a fishing and hunting forum, you didn't know how to jig?

Brandonkop
01-24-2016, 03:23 PM
The guy is trolling the forum and ****ing multiple people off. Are you telling me that with 1000+ posts on a fishing and hunting forum, you didn't know how to jig?

Haha I agree..... i just wish he at least posted some picture of those huge pinehurst pike. Or pictures of anything.

I am guessing he doesn't have a flasher because once you have a flasher it's all about the flashy lure getting them into your cone and then finess the bite. No more 10 seconds, 1 minute stuff anymore, just get er done.

Jjolg123
01-24-2016, 05:02 PM

His threads have more often than not lead to civil discussions, if it wasn't of interest to you, then your not obligated to post in his thread. In fact it seemed there was enough substance in this for a few people before you came in trying to derail it. Will all the threads getting locked up do we really need this?

Almost all his new threads have generated conversation, a lot on the topic of fishing which i looked through and found a couple interesting. There are a lot of people on here with different amounts of knowledge and its a great place to share ideas. That is if people are allowed to do so, if you don't like the topics then you can click the thread above or below but no reason to enter it to hijack it.

For an online community of outdoorsmen there sure is a lot of hostility on here.