PDA

View Full Version : Southern AB Resevoir Pays Again for Walleyes

taipan
01-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Bit of a tough bite to start, we were on the ice before light but only started getting in to the walleyes at 1 pm? That was a unique midday bite, one we haven't actually experienced yet. Crazy but Blue Gill Pattern rattle baits out fished all other "native" patterns? Strange conditions but a fruitful day never the less. Sometimes the fish don't read the same books and magazines we do...

Tight Lines..

dodger
01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing some pics.

Dodger

Commander B
01-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Seems right on schedule if you believe in such things. Be sure if you use such charts you adjust for your position. This is for Calgary. Followed same timeline for my results. Nice catch!!

Average Day
Major: - - -
Major: 12:14 - 14:14
Minor: 07:31 - 09:31
Minor: 16:58 - 18:58

B.

EZM
01-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Ever try those Kamoki lures? just teasing ..... I have a couple .... they are pretty unique and work well.

Walleyes often spend the afternoons in deeper and darker water at the bottom sides of structure. In low light they move into the shallows and feed.

If you didn't get into them until later in the morning or early afternoon, I would speculate you might have set up a tad too deep (or too far off the drop off or structure).

either way - you ended up catching - which is the main thing. Thanks for the post - great pictures !

Sumara
01-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Nice fish!

whitetail Junkie
01-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Thats pretty sweet you got them on a lure! was it tipped with some bait?

Btw ...what lake?.....lol

taipan
01-25-2016, 04:33 PM
We were stuck in 14 fow for the whole day as we had some auger troubles... Ran out of Gas... Yes you can tip the SmartFish I usually set up a deadstick close by and tip it sometimes. Really worked well a couple weeks ago on La Biche.