PDA

View Full Version : Rural Internet

jaywroe
01-24-2016, 04:16 PM
Hey everyone,

What does everyone rural use for Internet services? How's the speed? What prices do you pay?

Roadgear
01-24-2016, 04:34 PM
CCI Wireless, great speed, $47/month

Bulletproof
01-24-2016, 04:53 PM
CCI here too but the pro plan is 95 I think. Good speed for Netflix and other streaming but it can slow down occasionally where I am. We are using a point to point device to bring the signal from the top of a hill though so there may be other factors involved when it does slow down.

Paintedblac
01-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Cci LTE $95 a month unlimited GB get about 9mbps very little down time in December we used 755GB downloading games for xbox and streaming movies etc

Mangosteen
01-24-2016, 05:16 PM
You will have to call around five or six providers depending on your location.
Hopefully you are in a direct line of sight of a tower that's not too far.
Everyone in the area was saying Internet was not good but I kept digging and if you give the provider your legal land location they can determine from their office if you have proper coverage. Many providers just flat out said not good coverage.
Explornet for me. 60 bucks a month roughly for 250 GB. I can upgrade that later but for now it's fine. Can stream movies no problem.
Hopefully your not in a valley.

Cfinck
01-24-2016, 05:17 PM
I have heard good things about CCI. Stay away from efirehose or they might be called platinum now. They were very slow lots of issues and poor customer service. In my experience anyway.

Vacation
01-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Xplornet... It's decent. Not great when it's stormy.

reddeerguy2015
01-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Xplornet is great if you are within 10 km of their lte towers...if you are stuck with satilite... good luck. Forget steaming ANYTHING.

Redfrog
01-25-2016, 01:35 AM
Xplornet is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with for customer service for anything bar none.

Their local techie dropped them. he said they do not give a rat's patoot about the customer. Like it or leave.

Kenny Blankenship
01-25-2016, 05:32 AM
I have heard good things about CCI. Stay away from efirehose or they might be called platinum now. They were very slow lots of issues and poor customer service. In my experience anyway.

I'll second this, been on Efirehose for years, would switch in a heartbeat if I had any viable alternatives. Unfortunately platinum which bought Efirehose just got bought by xplornet, so I'm sure it will get even worse with time.

rookiemoosehunter
01-25-2016, 06:13 AM
We use MCSNET.... It's ok for speed. It's a bit pricey but we don't have much options living out here.