View Full Version : Please remove

brianedward69
01-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Exhibition Park, always a great show.
Feb. 6th. & 7th.,/2016

lannie
01-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder!
I will be there if Rayner or Shine Gunworks is going to be there.

brianedward69
01-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Always a great show!

brianedward69
02-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Come out and see the show!

Gade81
02-03-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm sure I'll swing by. There's always so many "deals" to be had lol

oldgutpile
02-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Last year Raynershine passed due to the previous year's record shoplifting out of the show. All the vendors were watching really hard, almost invasive! Can't blame them though. They had extra security working the doors, and sure hope that helped to get some of the vendors back.
Always a good show, but don't go looking to strike gold and find awesome deals. I love rooting through all the odd and unusuals, and look forward to finding some vintage peice that is shootable, or crying out to be restored!
I was amazed last year to see the amount of powder that showed up on the tables. More than I have seen in a while at any of the chain stores.

rocky3
02-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Raynershine did not pass. He wore out his welcome a few years ago!!!!

oldgutpile
02-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Just going by the story I got direct from him! I was hoping to pick-up some product there from him, and got the whole unabridged version:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Halfton
02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Just going by the story I got direct from him! I was hoping to pick-up some product there from him, and got the whole unabridged version:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Well now the Lethbridge show is turning interesting....a little drama to go along with the super high overly priced "On Sale" stuff....I may have to go back again this year just to see.....2nd thought....Nah....not a chance.
:bad_boys_20:

Jim

lannie
02-05-2016, 04:35 PM

He did not like the table set up that left him open to theft. If they did not want to change the set up he did not think it was worth his while to show up. Doug is a huge draw for any gun show and its a real loss for anyone attending imo.

rocky3
02-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Just to clarify, Rayner has been asked not attend quite a few shows on the circuit. When you attend a show as an exhibitor, you go with the setup provided as every show has a different layout. Lethbridge has no trouble filling all the tables with very long waiting list. Putting the tables 2ft closer together in the row makes no difference in the theft rate.

acrtech
02-06-2016, 12:23 AM
I cant wait ! I'm still up ! lol cant sleep :sign0176:

lannie
02-06-2016, 07:20 AM
Just to clarify, Rayner has been asked not attend quite a few shows on the circuit. When you attend a show as an exhibitor, you go with the setup provided as every show has a different layout. Lethbridge has no trouble filling all the tables with very long waiting list. Putting the tables 2ft closer together in the row makes no difference in the theft rate.

Thanks for the inside track 3 post Rocky! There are quite a few shows on the circuit that aren't worth attending now. Many of the gougers will be happy at shows he does not attend as they won't have any real competition and can charge what they want.....

whitetail Junkie
02-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Well How was it? Any quality firearms at the show ?

Deals to be had ? :)

helluvahunter
02-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Yup overpriced and way to crowded 5 min after the doors opened. Should have arrows on the floor so the speial people know which direction to go when 30 people are heading one way and 5 people try to switch the direction of travel. And then the people that see a buddy and want to stop and chit chat when others are trying to make it threw and find stuff of interest. Its not a coffee shop to go and bs it's supposed to be a gun show to go and buy or find something you want. If you want to hold up traffic and slow the whole process of others trying to make there way around the show then probably better to go chit chat outside. Worse and worse every year. Probably wont attend next year.

VOODOO
02-06-2016, 07:41 PM
I've been going to the Lethbridge show for years and in my opinion this years show was pretty decent. Busy as usual, and hard to walk through the crowds. mainly filled with "new" guns that are priced higher than retail... But that's never going to change, buyer beware.

There were a few good deals to be had, but you needed to be looking hard.
I might head back tomorrow to see if I can haggle a bit on a few things

crosman177
02-07-2016, 09:13 AM
First gun show I've traveled to. Drove down from Calgary and enjoyed it!! Half the fun is the wheelin and dealin and seeing familiar faces. :)

flyguyd
02-07-2016, 09:26 AM
I've been going to the Lethbridge show for years and in my opinion this years show was pretty decent. Busy as usual, and hard to walk through the crowds. mainly filled with "new" guns that are priced higher than retail... But that's never going to change, buyer beware.

There were a few good deals to be had, but you needed to be looking hard.
I might head back tomorrow to see if I can haggle a bit on a few things

You must have had a bigger magnifying glass than me :thinking-006:
There was a few nice looking peices there tho... $50 for 50 brass is a little hard to take tho and i appreciate that youve taken care of your 30 yr old Forstner trimmer , but $100 :scared: