PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and flatscreen TVs

stuckincity
01-25-2016, 12:11 PM
We have a 38" flatscreen and whenever the dogs see a dog on tv, they go right up to it and bark their @$$es off, and sound real angry and mean, as though the tv dog is trying to "invade their territory" even if its not looking at the camera.
I have a "heck" of a time shutting them up so I can hear the narrator.

The absolute worst times was when I was watching Stillwell's "Its Me Or The Dog", which showed dogs all the way through.

I can only assume the dogs think the flatscreen is a 'window' of some kind, so they react the same way as when they see a dog being walked and passing by through the real living room window.

Crazy mutts! :D

Foot Stomper
01-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Since we placed the 55 Samsung we can no longer watch nature shows! It was cute at first but now lions, bear, wolves are all fair game! Scares me to think what he'd do if we actually encountered a mountain lion or wolf or bear!

He even looks behind the TV!

chauncy
01-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Our Jack Russel cross will jump at the TV, and all 4 paws leave the floor- when she sees another animal on the TV.
Funny to watch.

bat119
01-25-2016, 12:44 PM
When my dog sees a animal, bear, lion or mad dog she runs up whining likes she wants to play. She wouldn't last 5 minutes in the wild

Johnny G1
01-25-2016, 01:11 PM
I have a Lasso Shethead that even knows the music with any animals and goes nuts long before they show up.

KGB
01-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Hmm, mine could care less... If there is a dog barking - he might lift his head off the pillow, look at the screen and goes back to sleep....

Sooner
01-25-2016, 01:22 PM
None of my dogs or the parents dogs ever went nuts at the TV, if they heard a bark on screen, maybe an ear raise. Funny how some are affected, some not.

J0HN_R1
01-25-2016, 01:32 PM
My cats watch my 46" Samsung TV all the time... Nature shows with HD video of insects is the best !

stuckincity
01-25-2016, 01:50 PM
He even looks behind the TV!

My daughter's tomcat which we take care of here "temporarily" :rolleyes: (yeah, right) does the same thing when it sees rodents and fish on the flatscreen......and it yowls in confusion, and then swipes at them on the screen.

Makes the dogs real curious to see what all the "fuss" is about, so they come and have a look.

Newellknik
01-25-2016, 02:44 PM
When the coyote is shot on Mojo tv ,he spins right out .
Dog food commercials mayhem . You can't leave him alone
With the tv on . I'm afraid he is going to jump on it .
60" smart ....he will make a lovely rug if that happens .

When the bad guy on Clint Eastwood movies , lee van cleef
The man in black comes on the screen . Man he gets his growl
On , very scary .

ivegonefishing
01-25-2016, 02:48 PM
I once had a Golden Retriever who was lying on the ground beside me when I was watching a program that had a bunch of wildebeest running from right to left on the TV screen. She got up and went to the left of the TV, and facing the left side of the TV, stood there trying to figure out where they went :thinking-006:

ETOWNCANUCK
01-25-2016, 04:25 PM
Now when someone on the TV rings a doorbell...

3blade
01-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Cousins dog has a hate on for squirrels, some hunting show had footage of one and for a second it looked like it was sitting on the tv stand...holy f...ing smokes did that dog launch itself outta its bed...just in time for the screen to switch to a bear.... Dog skid-stops and her nose just touches the glass, static shock...yelps and burns rubber getting outta there! ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erik
01-25-2016, 06:25 PM
My sister-in-law used to have a dog that barked at all sorts of nature on TV, basically anything that resembled an animal. That dog would even bark at animated Disney animal characters, which I found amazing.

My hounds, not so much. Unless they hear hounds baying and hunting on TV they could care less.

Jadham
01-25-2016, 09:24 PM
My dogs could care less. The only time I've seen them pay attention was when watching a pheasant dvd and then it was to the cackling more than the image.

Maybe I should get a new TV!

WCTHEMI
01-25-2016, 09:28 PM
My dogs could care less about the tv most of the time. But this never fails to set one of them off.

rugatika
01-25-2016, 10:36 PM
I had a dog that went nuts when she saw a grouse on TV. Went sniffing all over the place, behind the TV, other side of the wall etc. Her full sister doesn't even register any happenings on the TV no matter what's going on.

Iskra
01-25-2016, 10:51 PM

Wakes me up from my afternoon nap and I go to the door. LOL.
I have two dogs a mute that goes bananas at any animal on tv and Karelian Bear Dog that does not pay attention to the tv.

SamSteele
01-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Our three month pup seems most interested in hockey games so far.

SS

shakeyleg02
01-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Mine loves dog shows or any wildlife on the tube especially bears ..then runs outside to see if it's in the yard lol

Erik
01-26-2016, 10:11 AM

The worst! My daughter was watching a children's show and the doorbell must have rang 20 time during that show. I don't think anyone heard anything else on that show. Nothing like getting blasted full bore by 2 Beagles for 20 minutes. :rolleye2: I usually treat my hounds like royalty around the house, but they spent a considerable amount of time in a doorbell free crate that day. :(

Bellero
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Same here, dog goes nuts when she sees other critters on TV. Even some noise or people on TV will get her to bark.