PDA

View Full Version : Hunting incident....

KGB
01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
We went coyote hunting yesterday. We're sitting at our last stand at the end of the day , looking down the hill. I was next to the brush and my buddy about 10 yards higher than me. He was covering the space in front of him and to his right and I was looking left... All of the sudden I hear him yelling "Duck buddy, duck!" I did and right on time.... The huge owl almost landed on my head! I felt the touch of her wing... Well, at least I think I did....
We were wearing all white camo and sitting pretty quiet when it happened.
Here is the picture of this bugger, it landed on a next bush, about 30 feet away from me.

reelhooker
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM
I have had this happen as well, Both with owls and hawks.

Talking moose
01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
I too have been swooped at by owls. Crazy buggers.

Grizzly Adams
01-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Hooted in an owl once, just for the heck of it. Boy was he ****ed when he got there. :lol:

Grizz

Red Bullets
01-25-2016, 04:13 PM
The owls are in rut this time of year.

243 wild cat
01-25-2016, 04:23 PM
I too have been swooped at by owls. Crazy buggers.

Me two had :scared:one hit my hat as i ducked! lol

Talking moose
01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Me two had :scared:one hit my hat as i ducked! lol

When I was a teenager, was out at a bush party and needed to pass out, so I crawled into a culvert(so nobody would run me over...) and when I woke up it was getting to be morning. Everyone was gone so I started xcountry for town about 5 miles away. A pair of owls dive bombed me for about 1/2 a mile. I'll never forget it. Especially having dry mouth so bad and drinking ditch water after the Owls buggered off.

GunnerySgtJackson
01-25-2016, 05:04 PM
Good on your partner for his quick call!
My decoy usually gets attacked every stand by Hawks. I do not wear one of those fur trimmed bomber hats because of that.

KGB
01-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Yeah that was an amazing experience that day, LOL!! Another one was almost been eaten by a huge great pereneese dog.... Please don't lecture me on this one, it was an honest mistake.... So we are driving around looking for a good calling spot. Ended up on some God forgotten road with a dead end, took a few turns, ended up on a lake, called and got a dog, great! Time to get out of there. Trying to find the road out of there, ended up in some thick bush following somebody's tracks. The track came to the dead end against somebody's fence. We had no choice, couldn't reverse the vehicle. Opened the gate, drove thru, closed the gate and start driving trying to get out of there. Finally found the road. I got out of the truck to open the gate when my buddy says:" Look at this huge coyote coming wright to us! Oh no, it's a huge dog! Hurry up, open the gate and let us out or we won't be able to get out of this field!" Man.... I never ever moved faster in my life! I was able to open the gate, let the vehicle out and close the gate behind us AND jump into the truck before this huge dog made it to the opening...
That was fun.

KGB
01-25-2016, 06:40 PM
The owls are in rut this time of year.

Oh my do I look sexy?!!

drake
01-25-2016, 07:25 PM
When I was a teenager, was out at a bush party and needed to pass out, so I crawled into a culvert(so nobody would run me over...) and when I woke up it was getting to be morning. Everyone was gone so I started xcountry for town about 5 miles away. A pair of owls dive bombed me for about 1/2 a mile. I'll never forget it. Especially having dry mouth so bad and drinking ditch water after the Owls buggered off.

Classic TM lol. I like it!!

RedLabel
01-26-2016, 12:45 AM
The very first time I went duck hunting I was around 12. My friends father shot 2 ducks in a single shot on the water, and told us both to retrieve them 20 ft out in a cold slough. We weren't excited and we're trying to determine who should have to swim when a huge owl swooped down and grabs one of the floating ducks. His eyes must have been bigger than his stomach because as he was trying to get altitude, and flying straight towards us, he was only about 8 ft off the ground by the time he made land. The father shouted, waved his shotgun, and the owl dropped the duck right at my feet.

I'll never forget it. Crazy birds

IR_mike
01-26-2016, 01:13 AM

We need a AO confessions section. :sHa_shakeshout::)