PDA

View Full Version : How To Obtain Grazing Lease Land

AlbertaWhitetail
01-26-2016, 04:29 AM
I've looked long and hard on many Alberta Government websites on how to obtain grazing lease land for grazing. My uncle isn't tech savvy & asked if i could look into it for him. But i cannot find one ounce of info on actually obtaining grazing lease land. Can anybody fill me in on it ?

Thanks Mike.

blgoodbrand1
01-26-2016, 06:17 AM
Try a realtor in the area your looking. Grazing leases are traded privately much like deeded land.

densa44
01-26-2016, 06:45 AM
The answer you already have is correct, but my advice is to write to the Premier.

Let's see what the new government thinks the process ought to be.

We will all be very interested in the response that you get.

bobinthesky
01-26-2016, 07:11 AM
Try a realtor in the area your looking. Grazing leases are traded privately much like deeded land.

I've seen lots of it advertised on MLS listings over the years. I haven't looked lately though.

lannie
01-26-2016, 07:20 AM
I've looked long and hard on many Alberta Government websites on how to obtain grazing lease land for grazing. My uncle isn't tech savvy & asked if i could look into it for him. But i cannot find one ounce of info on actually obtaining grazing lease land. Can anybody fill me in on it ?

Thanks Mike.

Long and hard? You give up very easy. Its the government so you are going to be on hold a lot. This took me 43 seconds..... I promise you if you really want a grazing lease it's easy to get if you are willing to work for it. If not it will be very difficult. Like most things in life. I would can the idea of getting a lease because what can be difficult is things like fencing with a hand auger on steep slopes. If you believe searching on the net is hard work taking care of livestock and a leases just aint for you.

Environment and Sustainable Resource
Development
Rangeland Management Branch
-
108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5K 2M4
Telephone:
780-427-3595

FCLightning
01-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Subscribe to all the local area newspapers and scan them each week for ads of lease land up for sale.

BlackHeart
01-26-2016, 03:05 PM
Here is one, from a quick search on kijiji

Ranch land for sale $950,000

17 quarters of wonderful ranch land with good feed and water. Two of the quarters are deeded and 15 are long term grazing lease. The grazing lease land is adjacent to the deeded land and is rated for 457 AUM's. A small cabin comes with the deeded land (in photo). The property generates approx. $18,000/yr. from oil surface rights. This land is located about 45 min. SW of Whitecourt, AB. The property can be found on the district of Yellowhead No. 94 Land Ownership Map, in townships WP 56 & 57 R ...

But I wouldn't bite yet.....the NDP review may make this price come down a lot........the revenue is what really makes the right to these leases worth a lot more. If they change the system, a big % of your value will evaporate overnight.

AlbertaWhitetail
01-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Long and hard? You give up very easy. Its the government so you are going to be on hold a lot. This took me 43 seconds..... I promise you if you really want a grazing lease it's easy to get if you are willing to work for it. If not it will be very difficult. Like most things in life. I would can the idea of getting a lease because what can be difficult is things like fencing with a hand auger on steep slopes. If you believe searching on the net is hard work taking care of livestock and a leases just aint for you.

Environment and Sustainable Resource
Development
Rangeland Management Branch
-
108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5K 2M4
Telephone:
780-427-3595

i could send you a screen shot of the 30+ sites i visited, & id rather be working outside on land then on the computer. Land work is easy work that i like doing

Ranch11
01-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Here is one, from a quick search on kijiji

Ranch land for sale $950,000

17 quarters of wonderful ranch land with good feed and water. Two of the quarters are deeded and 15 are long term grazing lease. The grazing lease land is adjacent to the deeded land and is rated for 457 AUM's. A small cabin comes with the deeded land (in photo). The property generates approx. $18,000/yr. from oil surface rights. This land is located about 45 min. SW of Whitecourt, AB. The property can be found on the district of Yellowhead No. 94 Land Ownership Map, in townships WP 56 & 57 R ...

But I wouldn't bite yet.....the NDP review may make this price come down a lot........the revenue is what really makes the right to these leases worth a lot more. If they change the system, a big % of your value will evaporate overnight.
Good deal! Don't forget to purchase livestock to run on it as well.