PDA

View Full Version : Demolition Derby on Ghost Lake

Foot Stomper
01-26-2016, 08:09 PM
I was hoping for either all the snow to melt OR to get 18 feet of snow to get the retarded demolition derby idiots OFF Ghost near the boat launch.

Here's hoping the warm weather takes ALL the snow and leaves a surface suitable to host the NHL playoffs!!

Talking moose
01-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Interfering with your fishing?

JReed
01-26-2016, 08:29 PM
I was hoping for either all the snow to melt OR to get 18 feet of snow to get the retarded demolition derby idiots OFF Ghost near the boat launch.

Here's hoping the warm weather takes ALL the snow and leaves a surface suitable to host the NHL playoffs!!

Agreed, those guys are clowns. Hopefully natural selection runs its course on some of those einstein's

the local angler
01-26-2016, 08:47 PM
really didn't know there was such an event there. the only thing i have ever seen there is the oval ice racing.

Wes_G
01-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Am I reading this right.. they are doing a demolition derby out on the ice?

Wes_G
01-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Wouldn't smashing up cars and the resulting leaking of oil, anti freeze and engine coolant all over the ice make this a bit of an environmental concern?

FlounderPounder
01-26-2016, 10:11 PM
The contamination risk was what I was thinking about too. That's not cool......

CowichanBay
01-26-2016, 10:19 PM
The contamination risk was what I was thinking about too. That's not cool......

+1. Unreal.

Kim473
01-27-2016, 04:06 AM
Wouldn't smashing up cars and the resulting leaking of oil, anti freeze and engine coolant all over the ice make this a bit of an environmental concern?

X2

Pcs of steel, plastic, oil etc... in the lake also. One would think that a permit would be needed at the very least, if possible. RCMP need a call and shut them down. If there is any truth to this information.

Foot Stomper
01-27-2016, 07:19 AM
Ok, guys... For some clarity....Where the boat launch gives access to the lake is where the knuckleheads are "driving" everything with wheels in an unsunctioned drift test... Service vans with booms, Ford Taurus sedans with kids in the car....it's a freaking free for all!

This past Sunday there was at least 30 cars in the area spinning around and reaching speeds I'd estimate close to 70 to 80 KPM!

Talk about an accident waiting to happen! Driving through the mayhem to get fishing anywhere on the lake is taking a chance! :sign0176:

Talking moose
01-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Ok, guys... For some clarity....Where the boat launch gives access to the lake is where the knuckleheads are "driving" everything with wheels in an unsunctioned drift test... Service vans with booms, Ford Taurus sedans with kids in the car....it's a freaking free for all!

This past Sunday there was at least 30 cars in the area spinning around and reaching speeds I'd estimate close to 70 to 80 KPM!

Talk about an accident waiting to happen! Driving through the mayhem to get fishing anywhere on the lake is taking a chance! :sign0176:

So they should be doing in another spot instead of right at the lake access. Agreed. And too funny that people thought there was an actuall smash up derby on the lake... Lol

Kim473
01-27-2016, 08:08 AM
RCMP should still be called if someone sees it happening again so they can shut them down. Dosn't matter if it's on a lake, still opperating a motor vehical in an unsafe manner. Can still get an impaired driving if they are and that's the case.

Sharpie
01-27-2016, 08:18 AM
I say let them have their fun, maybe not right by the boat launch, and shouldnt be interfering with or putting other peope in danger. Is there a better place to practice these activities than a wide open space with a very slippery surface? Try not to be so grumpy all the time, we were all young once.

Talking moose
01-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Pretty much...^

Foot Stomper
01-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Not grumpy.
Pretty happy go lucky guy.

Why assume I'm otherwise until YOU try to get out on the ice....just saying. ..

58thecat
01-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I say let them have their fun, maybe not right by the boat launch, and shouldnt be interfering with or putting other peope in danger. Is there a better place to practice these activities than a wide open space with a very slippery surface? Try not to be so grumpy all the time, we were all young once.

Well if it is dangerous and puts others in danger call the cops, let them sort it out, that is how it was handled many moons ago and still should be...sounds like fun though, clear the hooligans up, they have a good run, all the rest get a story and resume fishing....oh oh cops:scared0018: