PDA

View Full Version : 4G wireless booster

Albertacoyotecaller
01-26-2016, 09:01 PM
In need of a new booster. Who has good deals on these items?

campingnut
01-27-2016, 07:20 AM
vehicle or house?
canadian tire had a few on sale this week

rusty99
01-27-2016, 08:01 AM
I was looking into 4G cell boosters for my truck last week in the Edmonton Area. I found best price was to order them online. Was a big markup in prices here in the 780.

Certified radio, visions were the 2 places I checked out for the Wilson (WeBoost) brand.

fish_e_o
01-27-2016, 08:41 AM
i got mine from amazon i have 2 and they work great :sHa_shakeshout:

Scruffie
01-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Got mine out of Hong Kong a couple years ago for Telus as I was inbetween Cell towers with really low to nonexistant reception or bars on my phone in basement, and not much better upstairs. Dropped calls regularly. When finished Was About $200 bucks all in. 1/4 the price of what I was looking at for a Future shop or bestbuy wilson system back then. My hongkong system Still working excellent with 5 bars on phone. Mounted an Omni antenna ontop of my chimney ran coax down toto my basement and mounted transmit directional panel to end wall of house at ceiling height in my manroom, pointing towards the other end of my house lengthways. Figured I would need to add maybe another antenna upstairs but amazingly I have great reception now, all through my house with just the one directional antenna. In a 1500 square ft each floor. So took the other beam panel i bought and mounted to the outide of my house pointed at my neighbours across the street as he had no reception when he was outside working on cars in his garage or driveway. He has no problems now. You Will Need to know what Freq. your system uses. My Telus cell here in BC is 850MHZ & 1900MHZ

If you want to go this route Just go to ebay.com and search for "phone booster" On the left side of screen make sure to check the box. "Free International Shipping". and update. Do your research and picks your poison. I'm more than happy with the results of my purchase.

TBark
01-27-2016, 10:46 AM
I got a Wilson mobile booster, I use it mostly at the cabin.
I upgraded the stock 5" antenna to a 12".
It turns. 0-1 bar into 3-4, pretty good for $200 aprx.

TBark

Albertacoyotecaller
01-27-2016, 01:37 PM
I have alway had a Wilson booster and they have done me well, however I need a new one mostly for rural travel for work and the local shop told me $650 which is double of what I remember paying. Normally around $350.

rusty99
01-28-2016, 10:26 AM
I made a bunch of phone calls to places around Edmonton that sell Wilson (WeBoost) 4G boosters. I'm trying to find the best price on the WeBoost 4G-M. Seems like most places are selling them for $530. Usually if I dig around the internet and make a bunch of calls I can get a good price, but not on this item. Even Amazon.ca is overpriced on this booster. Might have to suck it up and get it at Best Buy for $530. Wish the Canadian dollar wasn't so crappy.

Anybody have a source in Edmonton or Calgary that has good prices? :thinking-006:

Cheers
Rusty