PDA

View Full Version : lac St Anne

YeeHaw
01-27-2016, 12:10 PM
I have been fishing La St Anne steady for a couple years now, both open and hard water, but have issues locating much in the winter. Most of the summer I have no problem finding good amounts of walleye, but come winter, I'm lucky to find more than a handful. I have tried all my summer structure, tons of common fishing areas, all times of the day and night, and dang near every structure point I have marked in the summer. Has anyone else find the walleye ate tough to catch in the winter on this lake?

Tater 1
01-27-2016, 12:25 PM
I have been on the look for whites but have found some walleye . On the main lake west side there a few guys out there. We landed 7 b class lots of pike. We also fish west cove I would say there for 10 pike we get a walleye . Plan to head out to west cove tomorrow if it not to windy.

YeeHaw
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Was out fishing the narrows and around farmers island day before yesterday and got skunked for the first time ever on that lake, yesterday was out by the rock pile straight out from town and only got a couple small gaters

Tater 1
01-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow. It's been ok there for us .I been out early tho . See what tomorrow brings .

cube
01-27-2016, 12:51 PM
I have been fishing La St Anne steady for a couple years now, both open and hard water, but have issues locating much in the winter. Most of the summer I have no problem finding good amounts of walleye, but come winter, I'm lucky to find more than a handful. I have tried all my summer structure, tons of common fishing areas, all times of the day and night, and dang near every structure point I have marked in the summer. Has anyone else find the walleye ate tough to catch in the winter on this lake?

I find walleye spread out allot in the winter. That and the fact with the cold water they don't eat nearly as often catch rates are much lower than the spring and summer.

curtis_rak
01-27-2016, 02:11 PM
Been out 3 times to LSA this winter... Found that I had the best luck for walleye in the late afternoon (between 4 and 5pm). Been fishing for them in 10-16 FOW with a rocky bottom.

I would have to agree with Cube about them spreading out. In the summer I have a few go-to spots that rarely let me down... These spots in winter are hit and miss.

Tater 1
01-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Yes agreed . I been out around 7am till noon . Been all over west cove they are not as many as in summer . I have found and seen when they come in they do not like movement . They come in and if I jig they move away. I found drop it to the bottom and they hit it.

Kim473
01-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Best Walleye catch in most lakes start at 3pm.

carlson
01-28-2016, 08:49 AM
A couple of us will be heading to lac ste anne on saturday, gunna try west cove. Hopefully we can find a bit of action

waterninja
01-28-2016, 09:12 AM
It seems like Anne is getting very crowded with Pike. Think it might be time to allow one to be kept, though almost all Iv'e caught have been small or skinny. Wonder if Pike "stunt" like Perch do?

Talking moose
01-28-2016, 09:15 AM
It seems like Anne is getting very crowded with Pike. Think it might be time to allow one to be kept, though almost all Iv'e caught have been small or skinny. Wonder if Pike "stunt" like Perch do?

They do.

cube
01-28-2016, 09:55 AM

While pike can stunt the extent is usually no where close to that of perch. That is do to the cannibalism that kicks in, esp. when pike density gets high.